2 rookies to watch in camp

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Have heard alot of good things about WR Ryan Flournoy and let’s face it after the top 3 on the depth chart the WR depth positions are wide open and hopefully a Flournoy makes the most of it and is dressed game one catching passes in Sept .

At RB a Nathaniel Peat who carved out a nice college career and also a ST player can certainly make some noise in camp and contribute on ST but let’s face it the RB jobs are there for the taking . Can’t wait for camp to start .
diamonds in the rough!!! not sure if and how its going to work out, but given lack of depth at WR and lack of talent at RB, they both have a chance to play some role

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Zeke is 3rd rusher in team history.

4 TDs behind TonyD.

We will be ok.
Well let's get Emmitt out there since he's #1 then. See how that dosent matter as far as playing today? Zeke is slow and tired. Want he rushing under 3 ypc the last 2 years.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Yeah Mazi is a big question mark. If he doesn’t show improvement I think we’ll start hearing real reasons why slip out.

Sure looks like you’ll be right about the RB’s. Dowdle has showed some promise but can he bear the load of a full season and maybe someone else will show up in training camp.

I really feel the defense is going to be fundamentally better than in years past. Zimmer’s a disciplinarian who will get them focused. The run defense will be better for sure. Need the young linebackers to step up. Secondary is solid if not exceptional.
I like Dowdle too, but his injury history is a little scary.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Camp should be fun because there are several significant roles up for grabs. Cowboys really need an RB to step up to provide that spark so Peat should have a chance. Lots up for grabs wr3 through 5.

He was standout at ST in college as well . Always a nice way to make the roster then break into the RB plans

Chasing6

Reaction score
the third WR is mostly depth as the number of times you have three of them out there is not that great when you have a very good receiving TE and we do
so the #4 WR is really just depth and to be blunt it takes injuries for him to matter unless he blows the doors off in training camp

As regards RB, you never really know who will get hot and stand out
or maybe the whole bunch will stink
until the pads come on its all just hot air
I believe this most used formation has been 3 WR's, 1 TE, and 1 RB.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
I am dreaming of Cooper Beebe becoming a road grader, blasting open holes long needed for the Boys" running backs, in the mold of Larry Allen and Nate Newton. I am looking for him and his tremendous strength and low center of gravity to prevent DT's from getting into the backfield. Overall, I predict this year's OL will be greatly improved and will provide more success for the offense.