2 suspicious things on last play in Dallas WC game

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Ok I know dallas bungled the last play, and they might not have scored anyway if they had 1 more play.
And they had a chance on previous possession.

But 2 things I find suspicious, that makes it look like refs were trying to help SF win.

1. the ref furthest from the spot where dak went down, was the only ref that came to spot the ball.
Is he the only one that is supposed to do that? or can other refs do that in that situation?
I think in another game someone said another ref did it.

2.the ref when he got to the ball, after dallas players did not know to let him thru lol,
but he gets to ball grabs it, then he wastes time moving it back about 8 inches lol.
Doing that meant center had to adjust backwards, so did dak and rest of players.

Mike peria sp , said the spot of the ball doesnt matter on a clock play like that. just touch it or put it down
and get out of way for team to clock it.
After the clock, then refs can determine proper spot of los, and that will be used for the last play.

So why did the ref move the ball back???????:huh:

Well the only thing that makes sense is he was killing the time, that took around 2 seconds at least.
Had he just touched the ball then there would have been 1 second left when it was clocked,
and dallas gets a chance on throw to EZ.

But it seems to me the powers that be didnt want dallas to have that chance.
if dallas had scored the game score would have been "over" no score there and it is "under"
plus if the money on dallas was for them to win, and under, then not letting dallas have another chance there
gave a 2 way win on the gambling angles, and a dallas score/td there means vegas loses on under, and if
dallas were to win in OT then they would lose other bets like point spread.

And maybe gambling comes out better if SF wins, because as we now know SF goes to GB and wins
a game most thought they would lose.

I dont think it is stupid refs, or sloppy reffing lol , I think it was intentional.
I also think the cowboys in their stupidity helped them to do it.

There also should have been a booth review, which there wasnt, I find that odd for an ending like that.
I know time was gone by time ball hit ground on the clock, but still a booth review was needed.
But no booth review, NY did not get involved like they usually do so why not??

I think if dallas had not screwed it up so bad and had time for 1 more play, and if they threw a td pass,there would have been a holding call, so they have to do it again, and if they score again, then another penalty lol.:cool:

nathanlt

Reaction score
This is not a clear cut case of Dez caught the ball, and he did, and we all know Dez did. Rather, the Cowboys chose a risky play that relied on the the quickness and closing speed of a 50+ year old ref for success. On top of it, the players, (as you pointed out) weren't aware that he needed to break through and touch the ball, or they forgot in the panic of the moment. The Cowboys should take more of the blame for that play than anyone outside the organization.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Ok I know dallas bungled the last play, and they might not have scored anyway if they had 1 more play.

But 2 things I find suspicious, that makes it look like refs were trying to help SF win.

1. the ref furthest from the spot where dak went down, was the only ref that came to spot the ball.
Is he the only one that is supposed to do that? or can other refs do that in that situation?

2.the ref when he got to the ball, after dallas players did not know to let him thru lol,
but he gets to ball grabs it, then he wastes time moving it back about 8 inches lol.
Doing that meant center had to adjust backwards, so did dak and rest of players.

Mike peria sp , said the spot of the ball doesnt matter on a clock play like that. just touch it or put it down
After the clock, then refs can determine proper spot of los, and that will be used for the last play.

Well the only thing that makes sense is he was killing the time, that took around 2 seconds at least.
Had he just touched the ball then there would have been 1 second left when it was clocked,

if dallas had scored the game score would have been "over" no score there and it is "under"
plus if the money on dallas was for them to win, and under, then not letting dallas have another chance there
gave a 2 way win on the gambling angles, and a dallas score/td there means vegas loses on under, and if

And maybe gambling comes out better if SF wins, because as we now know SF goes to GB and wins

I dont think it is stupid refs, or sloppy reffing lol , I think it was intentional.

There also should have been a booth review, which there wasnt, I find that odd for an ending like that.
I know time was gone by time ball hit ground on the clock, but still a booth review was needed.

I think if dallas had not screwed it up so bad and had time for 1 more play, and if they threw a td pass,there would have been a holding call, so they have to do it again, and if they score again, then another penalty lol.:cool:
You have a very valid point!

Why did the refs not even review the play? The ref who spotted the ball was way behind the play, Dallas screwed up, but so did the ref.
I sound like a homer, but I think if the play was reviewed, it would have been reasonable to give us 1 second on the clock because the ref was so dam slow getting in position. It was a delay of game on the ref!!!!!!!

zekecowboy

Reaction score

RE: I dont think it is stupid refs, or sloppy reffing lol,I think it was intentional.

SSSsshhhhh, we are not to suggest that the ref's may have ulterior motives on helping Las Vegas.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I’m a script writer for the NFL. Dallas won’t win until 2027. I just sent the rough draft to my editor

Haimerej

Reaction score
If the NFL were trying to screw the Cowboys, why did they get an extra 8 seconds at the end of the game?

Red Dragon

Reaction score
I've wondered the exact same thing. It was totally unnecessary for the ref to move the ball back a meaningless ten inches. He could have just tapped the ball and run away. Had he done that, Dak might have had the extra 1 second needed.

Of course, though, it was still a terrible play call and blunder by Dallas anyway.

Flamma

Reaction score

Why did the refs not even review the play? The ref who spotted the ball was way behind the play, Dallas screwed up, but so did the ref.
I sound like a homer, but I think if the play was reviewed, it would have been reasonable to give us 1 second on the clock because the ref was so dam slow getting in position. It was a delay of game on the ref!!!!!!!

I don't think it matters if the ref screws up. If you flip the ball to the ref and it goes through his hands, you're not getting that time back.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Ok I know dallas bungled the last play, :huh:
So did San Fran, so did KC.... it's football. And many times the quarterback gets pitted into a situation that looks good on the OC's clipboard until the play actually happens.

Blackrain

Reaction score

My feeling on this is it wasn't the best play call but the ref's job is to keep up with the play he had to know they were going to try and clock it.

If he couldn't keep up with the play someone closer should have gone over and spotted the ball.

Every official on that field should have known what was going to happen and what they needed to do to facilitate another play and they failed to get the ball spotted in a timely manner.

As far as this being intentional nothing would surprise me

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Also the refs all keep time on them, they have clocks they stop and start, so even though it shows no time on official clock, they might have showed something different.
It was all a little shady and suspicious.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dallas had four quarters to win the ball game.

They failed. And some of you really need to move on.
that isnt the point, this isnt about winning the game.

your attitude is precisely why nfl can get away with manipulating outcomes of games.
if you dont question something that isnt right , they can and will keep doing it.

This play was like the dez catch, in that the game should not have ended the way it did.
Dallas may still lose, but not like they did.

For example if dez catch was allowed, then rodgers probably takes GB down and scores, and wins the game anyway,
but that is a much better ending than the one we had.
Same for this game, to end like it did was not right, if they had another play, and they throw a incomplete pass or sack dak, that is a much better
ending to the game.
even if they score td , then they have to make the extra point, which isnt a sure thing with Z , and then it would go to OT.
So dallas still might lose. Odds were against them due to how they played early in game.

But still I dont like games ending on controversial stuff like that where refs are controlling outcomes.........game over !

glimmerman

Reaction score
They lost the game. I knew it when they pretty much went 3 and out starting the 3rd. But I will say if the ref was coming from that far back then how did he know where the spot of the ball was.

It figures once again that we get screwed out of a chance by some strange play.. But shouldn’t have been that way.

Seems always something like that or something that bites us later. The bucs game when Greg missed a chip shot and Romo even said hopefully that don’t bite them in the end. Lost by 2. The packers playoff game Dez catch no catch. That was when we were absolutely crushing them in the first half and murray fumbles on a play that would have been a scoring drive. One little hand reaches out. My wife watches reality shows and was watching wags and a girl was dating peppers, they showed the freeze frame shot of murray running wide open and him diving out with that one hand that barely hit the ball. I left the room after that.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Vegas doesn't care who wins games. You could go to Vegas and bet on the sun rising tomorrow and as long as Vegas can balance the money with odds and collect the vigorish they truly don't care who wins.