2 suspicious things on last play in Dallas WC game

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The nuance I'm talking about here was very specific and I even explained it but you run right past it with your "agenda" which included claiming something the guy never even said. The other thing you and the "Oh lawd, the refs!" crew continuously run past is that the spot was wrong, period. Dallas needed to be back another almost 2 yards. I showed this with video where the Line Judge actually hopped forward to the wrong spot when the spotting ref attempted to move them back and gave up to save time. If people "just want a fair game called" like they say, they should have made the Cowboys move back across the 25 and then what would have happened? That's right, the time would have expired anyway. I've posted that video like 5 times, including twice to you, and still people just try to act like it didn't exist.

Fans need to make excuses for this team's idiocy. One of my stalkers creates some of these stories because he's afraid of being teased by rival fans. That's what a lot of this is all about. Fear of being a loser by association or worse, extension of self. So then then create these big, bad, wolves to say how they didn't really lose but were "prevented" from winning.
well you have it all wrong, I said several times this isnt about dallas winning or losing. that is not relevant.
The los was the 25, thats where the 2 line refs were standing one was slightly behind the 25 other was right on it, so which was right??
Maybe they should have stopped the clock to correctly determine the los based on where ball was when dak went down or started down.
I dont think anyone knows that, the refs on field decided it was about the 25.
cowboys had it just inside the 24.
1 yd isnt going to make a difference on 1 last play unless it is a fg.

I have also said repeatedly the cowboys players screwed up in a number of ways, but that does not change the fact the ref screwed up in several ways too,
and it could be that he was trying to waste time spotting a ball he didnt have to spot. also too slow getting there.

In that situation every second matters and he killed at least 2 seconds. Clock expired when dak got snap. so 2 seconds make all the difference.

no official review at end was also not right. it was like hey we are not checking anything game over right or wrong.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The risk doesnt pay them billions more; the risk means they risk everything for maybe getting 1% more. You do not risk your entire league to make an insignificant amount of profits and make no mistake if there was ever ANY credible evidence, not players throwing out accusations but actual evidence, that games were being rigged it would be the end of the NFL as an institution.
and what would you call actual evidence?? lol
They can rig games all they want and not get caught, and even if some evidence is brought forth, guys like you would refuse to believe it.
And you have no idea how much money the betting industry makes or what they could pay the nfl.

The nfl only makes about a billion or less per team more like 1/2 bil a year so they dont make billions per year, unless you look at it as a whole, but it
isnt a whole, it is 32 owners , each making few hundred mil a year.
The rest is expenses player salarys stadium utilitys up keep etc etc.

Adreme

Reaction score
and what would you call actual evidence?? lol
They can rig games all they want and not get caught, and even if some evidence is brought forth, guys like you would refuse to believe it.
And you have no idea how much money the betting industry makes or what they could pay the nfl.

The nfl only makes about a billion or less per team more like 1/2 bil a year so they dont make billions per year, unless you look at it as a whole, but it
isnt a whole, it is 32 owners , each making few hundred mil a year.
The rest is expenses player salarys stadium utilitys up keep etc etc.

The NFL had a revenue of 9.8 billion last year. Obviously that is before expenses it is far more than a billion so lets just throw that out right now. Meanwhile every single one of those franchises can be sold tomorrow for several billion dollars so yes the NFL would risk billions of dollars in value to maybe gain 1-2% because if they were caught actually rigging games those franchises are no longer worth 4+ billion dollars (just wait to see what Denver sells for it will shock you).

Meanwhile as for what actual evidence is, it is very simple. A single ref of the hundreds upon hundreds who have handled NFL games over the years coming out and saying that they were to told to rig the game. A SINGLE email or text or recording or anything that establishes that said communication was taking place. It is not that hard. Any ref who actually could make that claim would: A. get immunity from prosecution because they are not the big fish and B. get WAY more after for giving the exclusive scoop. So if something like this were happening the refs would have a financial incentive to rat out the NFL and they would not be hardballing them on contracts to the point where replacement refs are called in to mangle everything.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The NFL had a revenue of 9.8 billion last year. Obviously that is before expenses it is far more than a billion so lets just throw that out right now. Meanwhile every single one of those franchises can be sold tomorrow for several billion dollars so yes the NFL would risk billions of dollars in value to maybe gain 1-2% because if they were caught actually rigging games those franchises are no longer worth 4+ billion dollars (just wait to see what Denver sells for it will shock you).

Meanwhile as for what actual evidence is, it is very simple. A single ref of the hundreds upon hundreds who have handled NFL games over the years coming out and saying that they were to told to rig the game. A SINGLE email or text or recording or anything that establishes that said communication was taking place. It is not that hard. Any ref who actually could make that claim would: A. get immunity from prosecution because they are not the big fish and B. get WAY more after for giving the exclusive scoop. So if something like this were happening the refs would have a financial incentive to rat out the NFL and they would not be hardballing them on contracts to the point where replacement refs are called in to mangle everything.

Logic won't sway the tinfoil hat crowd. The thread title gives it away. "Suspicious" shows the conclusion has already been reached - something nefarious is afoot.

There's no room for a blown call, an honest mistake, refs reacting to dumb strategy. Anything that goes awry is evidence of a plot, even if the plot makes no sense.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Logic won't sway the tinfoil hat crowd. The thread title gives it away. "Suspicious" shows the conclusion has already been reached - something nefarious is afoot.

There's no room for a blown call, an honest mistake, refs reacting to dumb strategy. Anything that goes awry is evidence of a plot, even if the plot makes no sense.

Why did the ref feel the need to move the ball? Didn’t it seem like maybe he had a bad vantage point of where to spot it since he was directly behind the ball?

We were once called for an illegal huddle in a playoff game too. You WILL NOT ever see either of these calls happen to any of the other teams. Two happened to one team.

Conspiracy? No. Bias. Probably.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
well you have it all wrong, I said several times this isnt about dallas winning or losing. that is not relevant.
The los was the 25, thats where the 2 line refs were standing one was slightly behind the 25 other was right on it, so which was right??
Maybe they should have stopped the clock to correctly determine the los based on where ball was when dak went down or started down.
I dont think anyone knows that, the refs on field decided it was about the 25.
cowboys had it just inside the 24.
1 yd isnt going to make a difference on 1 last play unless it is a fg.

I have also said repeatedly the cowboys players screwed up in a number of ways, but that does not change the fact the ref screwed up in several ways too,
and it could be that he was trying to waste time spotting a ball he didnt have to spot. also too slow getting there.

In that situation every second matters and he killed at least 2 seconds. Clock expired when dak got snap. so 2 seconds make all the difference.

no official review at end was also not right. it was like hey we are not checking anything game over right or wrong.

The Rams -Tampa game similar sequence proved that Refs cheated and the Cowboys and helped 49ers win.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Why did the ref feel the need to move the ball? Didn’t it seem like maybe he had a bad vantage point of where to spot it since he was directly behind the ball?

We were once called for an illegal huddle in a playoff game too. You WILL NOT ever see either of these calls happen to any of the other teams. Two happened to one team.

Conspiracy? No. Bias. Probably.
so your saying dallas had a illegal huddle in the sf wc game? I missed that.
That puts mike and kellen in same category as JG :eek:...... not good.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

good post,:thumbup:
I will have to study on this. so denver is selling out? how come?
They should move to San Antonio and be the san antonio broncos.

Adreme

Reaction score
good post,:thumbup:
I will have to study on this. so denver is selling out? how come?
They should move to San Antonio and be the san antonio broncos.

Basically the children of the former owner cannot agree on a majority owner. The only thing holding it up was a court case brought by the previous owner's family trying to claim a right of first refusal. That has been resolved so there is no longer anything holding up the sale. Currently the team is valued at just under 4 billion so that sale will likely set a record for largest sports franchise sale.

glimmerman

Reaction score
well if we are into nuances lol that would be open to interpretation for each person lol.

Bottom line, is if the ref had just touched it and got back out of way, and had not stayed back too far, you know trailed the play, so he would be in
position for a quick spike play , then I would not say anything whether they get play off in time or not.
Also with all the time they waste in games on silly reviews, this one got about 10 seconds on the field. no booth or ny review.
And it was a huge play that ended the game.

This brings up another corrupt rule, the no challenge in last 2 min of a game.
They have this rule for only 1 reason, so they can affect the outcome of a game with the refs,and what happens, and coaches
are not allowed to challenge something that might be overturned. This gives refs and whoever booth people are and ny total control
over the last 2 min of a game.
This is where they change or control outcomes of games, so they dont want a coach to be able to challenge it.
it isnt about time it takes to review a play, it is about controlling the end of a game.

And everyone just accepts this as normal and ok lol :huh: but it is corrupt as can be.
Same thing with some plays cannot be challenged lol no explanation on that lol just how it is.
Some really smart people come up with these rules, and they are all about CONTROL!!:thumbup:
We had 2 games this year where the opposing team threw the ball and the WR caught the ball and controlled the ball and made a football move, took steps and turned it up field and took steps and our defender knocked the ball out and we recovered. I think both times they gave us the ball on the field only to have them give them the ball back. No review. Was a judgement call and wasn’t to be reviewed. That’s bs..

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
so your saying dallas had a illegal huddle in the sf wc game? I missed that.
That puts mike and kellen in same category as JG :eek:...... not good.
No. In the packers playoff game a few years back. It negated a 40+ yard pass and an immeasurable amount of momentum. Fun times.

And it wasn’t really illegal. People showed many teams doing more than what the Cowboys did on that play. It’s only been called twice ever.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

https://www.google.com/search?q=suspicious&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

I’m not sure that means exactly what you assume it does. Not blindly trusting and being cautious is simply smart because people all over show bias and that everyone should view a ref running from directly behind the play and thinking he knew the proper spot as suspicious behavior. Or simply stupid behavior and that’s what’s being discussed.

Spotting a football should be from the side, or at least from a closer vantage point. Not from 30 yards directly behind the play.

Think of how silly that is. But you blindly follow along and question nothing. Fantastic.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well if we are into nuances lol that would be open to interpretation for each person lol.

Bottom line, is if the ref had just touched it and got back out of way, and had not stayed back too far, you know trailed the play, so he would be in
position for a quick spike play , then I would not say anything whether they get play off in time or not.
Also with all the time they waste in games on silly reviews, this one got about 10 seconds on the field. no booth or ny review.
And it was a huge play that ended the game.

This brings up another corrupt rule, the no challenge in last 2 min of a game.
They have this rule for only 1 reason, so they can affect the outcome of a game with the refs,and what happens, and coaches
are not allowed to challenge something that might be overturned. This gives refs and whoever booth people are and ny total control
over the last 2 min of a game.
This is where they change or control outcomes of games, so they dont want a coach to be able to challenge it.
it isnt about time it takes to review a play, it is about controlling the end of a game.

And everyone just accepts this as normal and ok lol :huh: but it is corrupt as can be.
Same thing with some plays cannot be challenged lol no explanation on that lol just how it is.
Some really smart people come up with these rules, and they are all about CONTROL!!:thumbup:
You're still talking as if the offensive team should be able to spot the ball wherever they want. and that's just not the way it is or should be.

As for a challenge, even if that had been possible, and even if there had been time with 2 seconds to see the spot, make a decision and pull and throw the flag, why would the Cowboys challenge a spot that gave them an extra yard?

The bottom line is it was up to the Cowboys to know the rules and make sure they did everything exactly right to preserve time. They didn't, and that isn't the ref's fault.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No. In the packers playoff game a few years back. It negated a 40+ yard pass and an immeasurable amount of momentum. Fun times.

And it wasn’t really illegal. People showed many teams doing more than what the Cowboys did on that play. It’s only been called twice ever.
ok I remember that one.
At the time I heard packer coaches had told refs to look for that. So they would be looking for it.
but it is suspicious that it would be called , since they never call it. and on a big play.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
https://www.google.com/search?q=suspicious&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

I’m not sure that means exactly what you assume it does. Not blindly trusting and being cautious is simply smart because people all over show bias and that everyone should view a ref running from directly behind the play and thinking he knew the proper spot as suspicious behavior. Or simply stupid behavior and that’s what’s being discussed.

Spotting a football should be from the side, or at least from a closer vantage point. Not from 30 yards directly behind the play.

Think of how silly that is. But you blindly follow along and question nothing. Fantastic.
good post lol
I would think one of the line judges should have run up to spot and touch the ball, they were on the line, and closer, and would not have to get thru
cowboy line ,coming up the line, and they would know where spot was.
if cowboys had to back up to 25 so be it, but the ball would have been spotted quicker.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
good post lol
I would think one of the line judges should have run up to spot and touch the ball, they were on the line, and closer, and would not have to get thru
cowboy line ,coming up the line, and they would know where spot was.
if cowboys had to back up to 25 so be it, but the ball would have been spotted quicker.
That’s exactly what should have happened and no one can explain why it didn’t. Not even the guy that whines about everyone whining about calls.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Jerry is one of the most influential owners in the league but he’s far from the most powerful owner.
If you told me there were powerful people that didn’t really like Jerry or were jealous of him and did in fact manipulate refs, I wouldn’t be shocked one bit.

I always find it odd that the Cowboys are always flagged, seemingly more than any other team, especially in the playoffs. Don’t forget Jerry did try to go after Rodger Goodell, a voted on position by the owners. I would not be one bit surprised.