#2 WR Roy Williams

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This board lit up with optimism when Roy Williams was acquired last year. There were several multipage posts about what a great move it was. The tandem of TO and Roy was supposed to terrorize the league. It didn't happen. Deal with it. TO was shipped off in the offseason, which changed everything. It's a new season and it's still early. Crayton is doing exactly what we expect of him and more. Roy hasn't had many balls thrown his way, but he has caught quite a few first downs for us and his blocking is unbelievably good. Tell me this, if he had caught the fade pass for a TD on Monday night, would he be a #1 then?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
yes, he would be. All of the "Romo can't throw the fade" threads would have been "Romo OMGz teh Fadez to Roy Wi11iamz!!!1"

I think DallasEast said it before the season: I just want WRs that catch the football. I love how Williams catches the football with his hands.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
casmith07;2986358 said:
yes, he would be. All of the "Romo can't throw the fade" threads would have been "Romo OMGz teh Fadez to Roy Wi11iamz!!!1"

I think DallasEast said it before the season: I just want WRs that catch the football. I love how Williams catches the football with his hands.
Part in bold.:laugh2:

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2986343 said:
This board lit up with optimism when Roy Williams was acquired last year. There were several multipage posts about what a great move it was. The tandem of TO and Roy was supposed to terrorize the league. It didn't happen. Deal with it. TO was shipped off in the offseason, which changed everything. It's a new season and it's still early. Crayton is doing exactly what we expect of him and more. Roy hasn't had many balls thrown his way, but he has caught quite a few first downs for us and his blocking is unbelievably good. Tell me this, if he had caught the fade pass for a TD on Monday night, would he be a #1 then?

Nice touch!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't care what you call Williams. I expect him to go out and make plays that come his way, to be involved in blocking down field and any other things that can help this team win and I expect the same from all others on this team. To me that is all that matters this team going out and playing like a team and winning games. The rest is fantasy football BS for the weak minded fan who don't have a clue

neosapien23

Reaction score
Roy Williams has the same numbers as the tandem in Arizona which is in a pass happy offense. Roy Williams has not let the Cowboys on fire, but he is no where near being a bust. Every time the ball is thrown to him, I know he is going to come down with the ball. Does he have a young TOs big play, no. But unlike TO I am never scared that he will not come down with the ball. Roy Williams catches the ball and he looks more like a young Keyshawn Johnson than a young TO.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2986334 said:
Oh brother. When are you folks who hate Roy Williams going to get this through your thick skull. He was never supposed to be the #1 option on this team anyway. You all annointed him that. Owens wasn't the #1 either.

Jason Witten was, is, and for a long time will be the #1 option. Williams and Crayton are doing just fine in their supporting roles of Witten and in helping our running game do what it's supposed to...allow us to win games.

You don't give up a 1st, 3rd, 6th, and a 45 million dollar contract for a guy who hasn't been able to distinguish himself from the likes of Patrick Crayton yet.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apollo Creed;2986394 said:
You don't give up a 1st, 3rd, 6th, and a 45 million dollar contract for a guy who hasn't been able to distinguish himself from the likes of Patrick Crayton yet.
It's too early to write off Roy. Let's wait and see.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I thought we were paying him to help this team win games the rest of the business aspect I could careless about go out win game that is the name of the game to win. You want to cry over number go ahead I'll take wins and this group playing like a team over ego driven players who are only concerned about individual numbers.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2986400 said:
I thought we were paying him to help this team win games the rest of the business aspect I could careless about go out win game that is the name of the game to win. You want to cry over number go ahead I'll take wins and this group playing like a team over ego driven players who are only concerned about individual numbers.

We are paying him to help this team win games, but we are overpaying for a guy that has crippled our WR position for years to come. Spin away.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score

If it bothers you so much, go build a time machine.

What happened, happened.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
chuffly;2986150 said:
Wait a sec, Crayton has 4 more yards through 3 games and you are ready to call him our new #1 wide receiver?

Let's tap them brakes there.

And an 80 yarder to skew his results also, versus a 66 yarder for Roy

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2986401 said:
We are paying him to help this team win games, but we are overpaying for a guy that has crippled our WR position for years to come. Spin away.

Williams has not crippled anything that is your load of BS. If Dallas feels the need to get a WR next year then I'm sure they will. As for Williams he will put up good numbers before everything is said and done this year, but the main thing for any team out there is going out and trying to win games. Not some fantasy football trip. As far as overpay? 75% of the league is overpaid

Dallas71

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with Roy Williams. Everything wrong with Jason Garrett. Quit making posts that are just plain ignorant ...

RS12

Reaction score
The team is loaded with number two and three receivers, it has no number one.

Huge problem