20 Questions: 13 - is DT still the most pressing need

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And you are claiming

Where have I said everything is fine and we’re going to be good this season? You’re not going to find any posts from me pumping sunshine. I’m as concerned about this upcoming season as everyone else but I’m not counting us out before we’ve even started training camp.

kskboys

Reaction score
Define competent.

Is it enough to get anything done at all?

Can any RB we have make 80 yards on 20 carries? If none of them can do that then they won't get it done in a committee either.

I'm not saying our DT situation is better, just that our RB situation is also the worst in football, and likely the worst in team history.
And our NT position is even worse than that.

On 11/12/23, Rico Dowdle had 12 carries for 79 yds. Ooops.

Royce Freeman:

11/26/23: 13/77
11/19/23: 17/73
9/9/18: 15/71

So, since the answer to your 20/80 question is obviously a resounding yes, I guess that means you now agree that the NT position is worse.

kskboys

Reaction score
Relatively speaking, Mazi is still probably the second best DT on the roster. So anyone worth going out to get would be someone worth challenging for snaps from a starter.
2nd best on a position we are incredibly weak at. I still hold out hope for Mazi, but to count on him breaking out this year after the bad year last year is suicide.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Where have I said everything is fine and we’re going to be good this season? You’re not going to find any posts from me pumping sunshine. I’m as concerned about this upcoming season as everyone else but I’m not counting us out before we’ve even started training camp.
what a joke
anyone REALLY questioning the situation you claim is a hater or whatever.
FACT is that we have a weaker roster than last year

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
what a joke
anyone REALLY questioning the situation you claim is a hater or whatever.
FACT is that we have a weaker roster than last year
I never said anyone was a hater for thinking this will be a lost season. I just can’t understand why any fan would book it when we haven’t even had training camp. You must not have comprehended my post because I never claimed our roster wasn’t weaker than last year. On paper it looks weaker. However, it’s pretty silly for anyone to give up on the season now. The roster could turn out better than expected if some of the younger players from last year‘s draft step up and we get some good play from this year‘s draft.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I never said anyone was a hater for thinking this will be a lost season. I just can’t understand why any fan would book it when we haven’t even had training camp. You must not have comprehended my post because I never claimed our roster wasn’t weaker than last year. On paper it looks weaker. However, it’s pretty silly for anyone to give up on the season now. The roster could turn out better than expected if some of the younger players from last year‘s draft step up and we get some good play from this year‘s draft.
ITs silly for anyone to try and claim we are just fine and will do just fine considering the losses and our playoff stinkers
BUT then those that only want RELEVANCY do not care about that

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ITs silly for anyone to try and claim we are just fine and will do just fine considering the losses and our playoff stinkers
Show me where I claimed we’re just fine? Show me where anyone is saying we’re just fine? You’re just blowing hot air. :rolleyes: