2005 Commanders=2003 Cowboys

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I'm not saying this to bash the Commanders because I really LOVE (respectfully) to HATE the Skin's.

I feel like the Skins will be the ones to dump in the NFC in 06. Everyone in the NFC is going to finish 10-6? yeah right.

The 05 Commanders remind of the over achieving cowboys of 03. At some point they have to level off and Gibbs will realize that perhaps they are not as close as they may have seemed..and start rebuilding with that Jason Somebody they drafted.

This is what I see, but everyone else seems to think they're going to the bowl. Am I that far off base? We'll see I guess.

Again, Im not trolling the Skins fan on this board, I appreciate most of the Skins and Eagles on this board. But does anyone else see the correlation between the 04 Boys and the 05 Skins?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I agree with you. Skins fans think that if you have a 10-6 team that made the playoffs, all you have to do is add a couple of pieces (the record proves you aren't that far away, right?) and you are automatically a contender.

As we found, it's not that simple.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
You're Right, 03 = 05 and 04 will equal 06.

Anyway I think I fixed it.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Washington has a lot of adjusting to do with changes on offense being phased in as fast as Saunders dares, but unless Clinton Portis gets hurt like Julius Jones did in 2004, there's no reason to think Washington will totally tank. I feel their QB played over his head last year and will have to find his rythm this year, but they have a good defense that can keep them in most games.

IMO it is the Giants who will take the step back. Manning is not what everyone thinks he is, and there's something about everyone on offense besides Tiki Barber that makes it seem like they don't try hard enough until it's almost too late. That's borderline unprofessional.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
HMMMMMM, i am not sure about that, the one weakness they have if one is their defensive line.

Granted they have a great defensive coach, and sometimes you can do that by mirrors, schemes. To the best of my knowledge, they have no # 1 or # 2 on the defensive line, and pretty well on linebackers too, but their secondary has 2 number 1 picks, along with a number 2 from rams with adam whats his name, i think he was a #2, or might have been a number 1.

That in time, can get to you, when you play a dominant team with a huge dominant offensive line. Their offensive line does have 2 high picks in draft, along with a good rb, one good wr, and i think they just got one good wr in the trade, and its iffy with guy from pittsburgh, he never really did anything glaring dominant, but he did make clutch catches. They have a pretty good TE or H back.

But to me, thats it, along with their number 1 pick at QB, but he hasnt played a down yet in regular season, and they just switched over to a new offense, that it takes 2-3 years to make the switch and dominant.

so, yes, they could fall. I feel like Parcells said, you dominant with young players on defense, and we have built that now. If our offense can keep up with defense until mid november, then look out. We will have a nasty young defense.

Granted our QB situation is just as bad as Commanders, if Commanders QB goes down, look out, same thing for us cowboy fans, if bledsoe goes down, look out, trouble. I am still not fond of Romo, I have more hope in Henson, but you never know. just my opinion though, and our QB bledsoe is younger than brunnel, and if you remember, brunnel got hurt his first year he came over from his ex team, his first year with Commanders.

However, their offensive line, Commanders now isnt as deep as our offensive line is now, so, i think we can take the Commanders, we will have a nasty bigger meaner defense. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gfunk

Reaction score
the division's best defense is not gonna be sitting in the division's cellar

that's not how it works

how our offseason hyped offense does remains to be seen, but never forget, when you play Washington it's defense first

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
Gfunk said:
the division's best defense is not gonna be sitting in the division's cellar

that's not how it works

how our offseason hyped offense does remains to be seen, but never forget, when you play Washington it's defense first

The Cowboys defense was ranked #1 overall in 2003.....in other words it's a new year and what your defense did last year is meaningless.

~The Answer

Gfunk

Reaction score
The Answer said:
The Cowboys defense was ranked #1 overall in 2003.....in other words it's a new year and what your defense did last year is meaningless.

~The Answer

we've maintained a top 10 defense two years in a row

JohnLockesGhost

Reaction score
The Answer said:

~The Answer

I think it's fair to project that the Commanders will still have a top ten defense.

I'm not perfectly familiar with the reasons for the decline of Dallas from the '03 to '04 seasons, but I can't see the Commanders dropping 10 games. At worst, I think we'll go .500.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
JohnLockesGhost said:
I think it's fair to project that the Commanders will still have a top ten defense.

I'm not perfectly familiar with the reasons for the decline of Dallas from the '03 to '04 seasons, but I can't see the Commanders dropping 10 games. At worst, I think we'll go .500.
Our DC is a joke and does just enough to stick around. A lot of Smoke and Mirrors too..

MONT17

Reaction score
the fact is the SKins were 5-6 last year at one point in the seaon... how many teams go to the playoffs after going 5-6 in the history of the game?

Now Skins fans will say they went on a "run" and they did v. teams that had variuos troubles... Zona (no running game and a back up Qb), RAMS (Mike Martz drama), Philly (Injuries and TO saga), ELI ( who has yet to beat a .500 team on the road), the BOYS (No OTs)! the SKINs major injuries were HOLDMAN and THOMAS who was hurt very late in the year!!!

I dont like to talk about what a team did the year before like TROY AIKMAN says what a team did the year before rarely translates to the next! prime examples of how the SUPER BOWL loser misses the playoffs, while back in the day it was the SUPER BOWL winner who often missed the playoffs.

Brunell, at 36 has lost his job due to injury before and often plays injured to fight father time. What makes Brunell effective is his ability to move in the pocket without that he is one of the worst QBs in the league! His injury in the offseason may or may not effect his report with new WRs El and Lloyd!!!

OLINE the OL as a starting unit is above average with the return of injured RG. But with the signing of ex Cowboy TWALTER reveals the lack of depth they have accross the board! the Skins may have the worst backup OLMEN in the league!

Gameplan... the new O put in by Saunders will almost eliminate the playing of seeing #1 pick JCAMBELL in 06... instead they will look to TCOLLINS! Do they have the players to run from the 3 wide set on a consistant basis? Skins fans say dont know! or will the platoon of new blocking TE Faurio and 3 WR El tip the hand of the O unlike the O in KC! Will Lloyd find a reason to BLOCK or will he just show the style that got him traded from the worst O in the HISTORY of the NFL!!!

Freeagents... with the bevy of $ that was spent to lure (El and CARTER) from their home towns is almost sure to backfire, El left Chicago for 2 million! Skins fans think his heart may not be in it... Most of these FA (El, AARCH, CARTER) have little to prove with the amount of up front money they have!

Defense... the D that carried the team late lost playmaker Lavar who commands opponents pure attention... that focus now will be directed to Carter who will have to replace Wynn (the heart of the D w/4+ yrs of starts) with more than what he did in SF (3-4 or not)... the Lavar loss will also force TAYLOR into more coverage packages!

Secondary... Springs will have to prove every week that 31 is not too old to play CB. AArch will have to prove he is worth 10 million or the thung in Staylor may come out in a contract holdout! Rogers will be put on an island every week once the Skins figure out they have NO PASS RUSH!

what the SKINs did in FA tells me that the "Higher ups" know what happen last year was a fluke and most Skins fans do to, why else would they crow so much over 10 wins... and even though the NFC EAST may be the best division in football now, it wasnt a year ago in fact it was very poor late in the year!

the life of a SKINS fan!!!

:lmao2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MONT17 said:
the fact is the SKins were 5-6 last year at one point in the seaon... how many teams go to the playoffs after going 5-6 in the history of the game?

Now Skins fans will say they went on a "run" and they did v. teams that had variuos troubles... Zona (no running game and a back up Qb), RAMS (Mike Martz drama), Philly (Injuries and TO saga), ELI ( who has yet to beat a .500 team on the road), the BOYS (No OTs)! the SKINs major injuries were HOLDMAN and THOMAS who was hurt very late in the year!!!

I dont like to talk about what a team did the year before like TROY AIKMAN says what a team did the year before rarely translates to the next! prime examples of how the SUPER BOWL loser misses the playoffs, while back in the day it was the SUPER BOWL winner who often missed the playoffs.

Brunell, at 36 has lost his job due to injury before and often plays injured to fight father time. What makes Brunell effective is his ability to move in the pocket without that he is one of the worst QBs in the league! His injury in the offseason may or may not effect his report with new WRs El and Lloyd!!!

OLINE the OL as a starting unit is above average with the return of injured RG. But with the signing of ex Cowboy TWALTER reveals the lack of depth they have accross the board! the Skins may have the worst backup OLMEN in the league!

Gameplan... the new O put in by Saunders will almost eliminate the playing of seeing #1 pick JCAMBELL in 06... instead they will look to TCOLLINS! Do they have the players to run from the 3 wide set on a consistant basis? Skins fans say dont know! or will the platoon of new blocking TE Faurio and 3 WR El tip the hand of the O unlike the O in KC! Will Lloyd find a reason to BLOCK or will he just show the style that got him traded from the worst O in the HISTORY of the NFL!!!

Freeagents... with the bevy of $ that was spent to lure (El and CARTER) from their home towns is almost sure to backfire, El left Chicago for 2 million! Skins fans think his heart may not be in it... Most of these FA (El, AARCH, CARTER) have little to prove with the amount of up front money they have!

Defense... the D that carried the team late lost playmaker Lavar who commands opponents pure attention... that focus now will be directed to Carter who will have to replace Wynn (the heart of the D w/4+ yrs of starts) with more than what he did in SF (3-4 or not)... the Lavar loss will also force TAYLOR into more coverage packages!

Secondary... Springs will have to prove every week that 31 is not too old to play CB. AArch will have to prove he is worth 10 million or the thung in Staylor may come out in a contract holdout! Rogers will be put on an island every week once the Skins figure out they have NO PASS RUSH!

what the SKINs did in FA tells me that the "Higher ups" know what happen last year was a fluke and most Skins fans do to, why else would they crow so much over 10 wins... and even though the NFC EAST may be the best division in football now, it wasnt a year ago in fact it was very poor late in the year!

the life of a SKINS fan!!!

:lmao2:

For Mont...five Beautiful Stars!

:starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin :starspin

JohnLockesGhost

Reaction score
This is just an extremely long post full of qualifications and conjecture obviously designed to prove your prejudices. This will do that and that will do this... whatever Nostradamus. Give me five minutes and I'll come up with a causality proving the Earth is flat.

It's called confirmation bias. Here's an article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JohnLockesGhost said:
This is just an extremely long post full of qualifications and conjecture obviously designed to prove your prejudices. This will do that and that will do this... whatever Nostradamus. Give me five minutes and I'll come up with a causality proving the Earth is flat.

According to the logic you RedStinks use, I actually believe you can tell us why the Earth is flat!

:laugh1:

:dissskin: Oppps! Was that your helmet, JohnLockSmith>or whatever you call yourself?

(good dog, Gibbs)...

JohnLockesGhost

Reaction score
5Stars said:
According to the logic you RedStinks use, I actually believe you can tell us why the Earth is flat!

:laugh1:

:dissskin: Oppps! Was that your helmet, JohnLockSmith>or whatever you call yourself?

(good dog, Gibbs)...

You call your dog Gibbs? So do I.

As a member of a rival team's fanbase, I DEMAND you come up with better insults.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JohnLockesGhost said:
You call your dog Gibbs? So do I.

Good! I named my dog after Joe Gibbs because he IS a dog! He's a rat faced little whiner too!

Does your dog piss on a RedStink helmet? If not, then your dog sucks, and is not fully trained like my dog, Gibbs!

:dissskin: Good dog!

JohnLockesGhost

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Good! I named my dog after Joe Gibbs because he IS a dog! He's a rat faced little whiner too!

Does your dog piss on a RedStink helmet? If not, then your dog sucks, and is not fully trained like my dog, Gibbs!

:dissskin: Good dog!

Now you're getting it, 5Stars. That was pretty good. I'm rather insulted, I must say.

My dog, Gibbs, always insists on respecting his opponents. So no peeing on paraphenalia for him. He just won't do it, no matter how hard I try.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JohnLockesGhost said:
My dog, Gibbs, always insists on respecting his opponents. So no peeing on paraphenalia for him. He just won't do it, no matter how hard I try.

Maybe you should name your dog, Taylor? Teach him how to spit on paraphenalia!

Or, maybe you could teach your dog, Gibbs, how to make videos and send them in to the nearest Animal Shelter...

:cool:

:star: