2005 Draft

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hello, my anme is Hostile and I am an NFL Draft addict.

Sorry I can't help it.

I would love this. Let me dream now, don't ruin it.

Buffalo stinks out loud and we land in the top overall pick. There is a QB there that everyone wants and we get competing bids for the rights. (Walters from ASU I bet.) A team that adding a QB will not get them over the hump offers us their top 5 pick in 2005 and #1 in 2006. Maybe even a 3rd or 4th in 2005 for us to move down a few slots.

Mike Williams, WR of USC falls to us in the top 5.

2006 we are still looking a top 10 pick in the eye.

With our own 1st rounder we get a team desperate to get into the 1st round calling us. They offer two 2nd rounders to go along with our 2nd rounder.

In the 2nd we add the missing pieces to a long term run that will make New England's recent bonanza look pale in comparison. Maybe get a Lance Mitchell, LB from Oklahoma, a DT, and CB to make this D the most solid 11 in the NFL.

I'd love to trade some dead weight for added picks too. Get back the 3rd we spent for Henson.

Win the Super Bowl in 2005, and be looking at a top 10 pick in 2006 plus our own pick in the 1st yet again, and the chance to keep that cycle going. Easy favorite for a Super Bowl repeat in 2006.

Sigh. I love dreaming.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Hello, my anme is Hostile and I am an NFL Draft addict.

Sorry I can't help it.

I would love this. Let me dream now, don't ruin it.

Buffalo stinks out loud and we land in the top overall pick. There is a QB there that everyone wants and we get competing bids for the rights. (Walters from ASU I bet.) A team that adding a QB will not get them over the hump offers us their top 5 pick in 2005 and #1 in 2006. Maybe even a 3rd or 4th in 2005 for us to move down a few slots.

Mike Williams, WR of USC falls to us in the top 5.

2006 we are still looking a top 10 pick in the eye.

With our own 1st rounder we get a team desperate to get into the 1st round calling us. They offer two 2nd rounders to go along with our 2nd rounder.

In the 2nd we add the missing pieces to a long term run that will make New England's recent bonanza look pale in comparison. Maybe get a Lance Mitchell, LB from Oklahoma, a DT, and CB to make this D the most solid 11 in the NFL.

I'd love to trade some dead weight for added picks too. Get back the 3rd we spent for Henson.

Win the Super Bowl in 2005, and be looking at a top 10 pick in 2006 plus our own pick in the 1st yet again, and the chance to keep that cycle going. Easy favorite for a Super Bowl repeat in 2006.

Sigh. I love dreaming.
Love the dream, but dang let me have some of that stuff you're smoking. :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
Love the dream, but dang let me have some of that stuff you're smoking. :D
Sad thing is, I am sober as a judge. :eek:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RoyWillisill said:
LOL, the 70's must have left you a little messed up in the head.
I have never partook. Not even experimentally.

I'm just naturally this goofy.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Oh okay, that's a good thing.... i think.

Mamba

RatisBeast
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Actually women always loved it. Not sorry at all.
More power to you then. Whatever it takes to make the females happy. :D

Verdict

Reaction score
While your post may be a little bit wishful thinking it is probable that Buffalo's pick will be top 10. I would like to see a trade down most years unless there is real value at the scheduled pick. The real benefit to trading down is that the cap hit is dramaticlly lower for a second rounder than a first rounder. I like the thought process.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Hostile said:

I never needed that junk either - like adding kerosene to a forest fire.

Nice to know there are more of us out there.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The Real Mavs Man said:
I never needed that junk either - like adding kerosene to a forest fire.

Nice to know there are more of us out there.
I was so focused on becoming a professional football player that I wouldn't have dared try anything that might derail that. In college I almost was tempted to try steroids because I thought it would give me back an edge I was losing to guys who were doing them. Thankfully I never tried them either.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Verdict said:
While your post may be a little bit wishful thinking it is probable that Buffalo's pick will be top 10. I would like to see a trade down most years unless there is real value at the scheduled pick. The real benefit to trading down is that the cap hit is dramaticlly lower for a second rounder than a first rounder. I like the thought process.
I'll admit it is a lot of wishful thinking. What fun is it to be an arm chair GM if you are not thinking of how to gain the most benefit to the team. Let's face it, the GM who pulls that off is GM of the year for good reason. It is not out of the realm of possibility either.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
Lance Mitchell would be good, but with Buffalo's pick being so high I'd love to get Derrick Johnson. At 6'4" 220lbs he's got the size to play any of the three positions and the sideline-to-sideline speed that has become the trademark of our LB corps over the past few years. If he's not there I'd love to see us get another Longhorn in Rodrique Wright.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboysfan31 said:
Lance Mitchell would be good, but with Buffalo's pick being so high I'd love to get Derrick Johnson. At 6'4" 220lbs he's got the size to play any of the three positions and the sideline-to-sideline speed that has become the trademark of our LB corps over the past few years. If he's not there I'd love to see us get another Longhorn in Rodrique Wright.
He is definitely on my early radar screen as well.

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
I'd tuck this thread away until mid season and the revisit it at that time. It may not be that outlandish of a dream......not to mention our own pick may not be that great either.

How about that, #1 and #8 overall in the first round. That would make sucking this upcoming season a whole lot more easy to swallow, despite the consequences of losing 9 games this season...or more.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
marsbennett said:
I'd tuck this thread away until mid season and the revisit it at that time. It may not be that outlandish of a dream......not to mention our own pick may not be that great either.

How about that, #1 and #8 overall in the first round. That would make sucking this upcoming season a whole lot more easy to swallow, despite the consequences of losing 9 games this season...or more.

#1 and a #8, no way that happens. The Bills might have the #8 pick but the 49ers will probably be the worst team and Dallas will have more than 7 wins, our team is much better this year than last year. The pass rush is improved and the rushing will be too which were 2 major weaknesses last year.

twa

Reaction score
I like the way you think Hostile hopefully the boys will trade off some vets before their value is gone or their contracts up.If they work the pics right we can parlay these pics and return to the top and stay. :D

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
twa said:
I like the way you think Hostile hopefully the boys will trade off some vets before their value is gone or their contracts up.If they work the pics right we can parlay these pics and return to the top and stay. :D

The Cowboys could get quite a few picks in next year's draft if some of the aging players with larger contracts are traded. Even though LA is working out with the team again I think that the Raiders' line will have problems and Torrin Tucker will play very well making the transition easier. Dexter Coakley might be traded as well. He's still go skill but he is aging and he has a large contract. Parcells has already stated public that Bradie James is one of the top 3 most improved players this offseason if not the most improved. If he can carry this over into the mini camps and training camp I don't think that Parcells would have a hard time trading him off as well. Allen might net us a 2nd/3rd rounder and Coakley could probably bring some good value as well.