2005 regular season schedule

Nomad

Reaction score
Looking at the eagles schedule, it's the same as ours except they have a monday nighter in Atlanta and a home game with Green Bay in place of our Carolina and Detroit games. And some of their Home/Away games are flipped like they have KC and Denver away with SD and Oakland home, StL and Arizona away with Seattle and SF home.

I don't see how their schedule would be ranked that much easier than ours, I'd rather have Green Bay than Detroit I guess, but Carolina or Atlanta away is probably a toss up I'll take Carolina we seem to match up better. I like the new way of scheduling though, its just that Detroit and Carolina weren't that good and placed the same as us within their division but are predicted to be better this next season.

On our schedule, I like the bye and the first half, seems like the "tougher" teams we have time to be ready for and our road games aren't bad weather wise, playing in SF and SD with no Denvers or Green Bays in December. I also like having the NFC and AFC West divisions they're probably the weakest comparitively. Those last two games with StL and Carolina could be BIG in deciding wild card placement or who even gets in.

vicjagger

Reaction score
I think it's interesting...

Bye cuts the season in 2 equal halves.

The first 3 home games are all in the division. Ditto for the first 3 road games in the 2nd half.

All away games in the 1st half are on the West coast. In the 2nd half, they're on the East coast. No away games in the Mid-West. Giants also travel to the West coast, Commanders and Eagles get to host all of the West coast teams.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Nomad said:
Looking at the eagles schedule, it's the same as ours except they have a monday nighter in Atlanta and a home game with Green Bay in place of our Carolina and Detroit games. And some of their Home/Away games are flipped like they have KC and Denver away with SD and Oakland home, StL and Arizona away with Seattle and SF home.

I don't see how their schedule would be ranked that much easier than ours, I'd rather have Green Bay than Detroit I guess, but Carolina or Atlanta away is probably a toss up I'll take Carolina we seem to match up better. I like the new way of scheduling though, its just that Detroit and Carolina weren't that good and placed the same as us within their division but are predicted to be better this next season.

On our schedule, I like the bye and the first half, seems like the "tougher" teams we have time to be ready for and our road games aren't bad weather wise, playing in SF and SD with no Denvers or Green Bays in December. I also like having the NFC and AFC West divisions they're probably the weakest comparitively. Those last two games with StL and Carolina could be BIG in deciding wild card placement or who even gets in.

Nomad - Thanks for the insight. That kind of puts things in perspective for me.