LB - Dat
LB - Shanle
LB - Burnett

CB - Tnew
SS/Biscuit - Roy
FS - Law
CB - Henry

Nickel - Glenn
So did you actually start this thread in Smack Talk?

or

Did a Mod take one look at your post, say "**** it," and pull a peremptory move before this gets truly out of hand (which it no doubt will)?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Roughneck said:
Did a Mod take one look at your post, say "**** it," and pull a peremptory move before this gets truly out of hand (which it no doubt will)?

Bingo

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Nors said:
Thats a spot on defense and very plausable.

Well, except that Ty Law isn't on the team, and isn't gonna be on the team... there goes your plausibility... LOL...

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Nors said:
DE - Canty :rolleyes:
NT - Ferguson
DE - Spears

LB - Ware
LB - Dat
LB - Shanle
LB - Burnett

CB - Tnew
SS/Biscuit - Roy
FS - Law :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
CB - Henry

Nickel - Glenn

You said so yourself that you think Canty will be on the PUP list due to his eye injury and now all the sudden you have the Fourth Round injured rookie starting over Ellis? I think he's got the potential to be a good/great player, but he's not starting on opening day.

Glenn will be a leader in the Nickel. He's getting up there in age, but he can still play.

I'm not sold as you on Shanle, but maybe you have given up on James. I'm not sold on either of them just yet. I know you hate Singleton, so it's no shocker to see him absent from your projected 2005 line-up.

There's a realistic chance Burnett will start and I'm glad you put Dat in your list.

On a final note, I think your facination and love for anything and everything "Ty Law" clouds your judgement and unfortunately diminishes your credibility on this and other subjects. Mark my words...IF he signs with a NFL team before the season starts, he won't play until October at the earliest. He's headed to someone's PUP list, guaranteed.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:
DE - Canty
NT - Ferguson
DE - Spears

LB - Ware
LB - Dat
LB - Shanle
LB - Burnett

CB - Tnew
SS/Biscuit - Roy
FS - Law
CB - Henry

Nickel - Glenn
Is this the opening day 3-4 starting lineup, or how you think it will play out by year's end?

Either way, before I die I'd like to see Bill start four rookies in his front seven. ;)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Tio said:
not in the smack zone buddy,
Don't call me buddy.

I saw someone get tossed in the smack zone for calling someone a jester - could happen.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Waffle said:
You said so yourself that you think Canty will be on the PUP list due to his eye injury and now all the sudden you have the Fourth Round injured rookie starting over Ellis? I think he's got the potential to be a good/great player, but he's not starting on opening day.

Glenn will be a leader in the Nickel. He's getting up there in age, but he can still play.

I'm not sold as you on Shanle, but maybe you have given up on James. I'm not sold on either of them just yet. I know you hate Singleton, so it's no shocker to see him absent from your projected 2005 line-up.

There's a realistic chance Burnett will start and I'm glad you put Dat in your list.

On a final note, I think your facination and love for anything and everything "Ty Law" clouds your judgement and unfortunately diminishes your credibility on this and other subjects. Mark my words...IF he signs with a NFL team before the season starts, he won't play until October at the earliest. He's headed to someone's PUP list, guaranteed.

My crystal ball on Canty's comeback is not clear. I ran a best case - he starts. Shanle has great football instincts, sheds blocks and can hold point of attack. Unlike Singleton and Coak who get jacked backwards often. Law if healthy is far better at FS than anything we have. As he continues to be a free agent the chances of his signing aincrease. Slim chance but not a closed door!

blindzebra

Reaction score
Opening day:

LDE Spears

DT Ferguson

DT Glover

RDE Ellis

OLB Ware

MLB Nguyen

OLB Singleton

CB Newman

SS Williams

FS Davis

CB Henry

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Opening day:

LDE Spears

DT Ferguson

DT Glover

RDE Ellis

OLB Ware

MLB Nguyen

OLB Singleton

CB Newman

SS Williams

FS Davis

CB Henry
Agreed,BZ.

Opening day maybe we see a few 3-4 formations...but I think Fergy will be playing 4-3 nose and La'roi good ole 4-3 three tech. Greg Ellis definitely manning an end, and no more than two rookies in a Tuna front seven starting on opening day! No matter how good they may look in preseason, Tuna will be easing them in a bit more slowly..

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
He goes to bat with his old, small D - he's facing another long season. This is the year to play the Kids. Throw them out there Bill! They are major upgrades and RDE and Ellis aint happening in a Zimmer 4-3! LOL