2005 Training Camp Experince. Pics Included! (Even Our Own Dale)

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Just got home after two days at training camp. I stayed at the Marroit with the players, and I must say if anyone gets the chances to do this. You should. If your a die hard fan like myself then you'll walk around with smiles.

My DAY 1 and DAY 2 Thoughts ... (sorry, this will be all together.. just typeing this off of the top of my head)

Left the house at 6AM got to camp by 7:30AM and waiting at the gate till 8AM. They open the gate and I everyone walked to the next gate to get in line to be let onto the field area. My priority is get a good spot to get autographs and have a chance to talk to the players. So, Forgive me but I don't have a play for play for you. Just some thoughts.

Thoughts - Drew Henson looks good at times, but other time's it's just sad. He threw 3 INT during the first day of 11 on 11. 2 were back to back, and one wasn't his fault it bounced off someone. But, At the end of Day 2 he was signing and Jerry Jones was there and while he signed Auto's .. Jerry was all smiles with him. Chris Canty is huge, but he's eye still looks alittle F'ed Up. Bledsoe looks really really good. Everything seems to be on a line and hitting the players right in the hands. Romo looks real good. When he came out the second day. I had a good spot on the fench (Very first spot near the gate) I yelled "There is our back-up QB" and he just smiled. Andre Gurode is the best. He came out and I yelled "There is our starting center" He looked at me and said "We'll see". So after practice he was doing an interview near me and I yelled his name and I pointed to him. He recongized me. Once he was done with the interview he walked straight towards me and I had my pen out and my helmet and I was ready for the Auto, but no.. He gave me he's glove. Nice Guy. Keyshawn seems like a stud on the field and doesn't care about the fans. He'll just walk right past all of us yelling. But, he sure does drive a nice lexus I believe. He's car was parked where I could see it from my Penthouse room. Crayton looks real great out there. I can't wait to see him this year. A-Train was making some very nice runs in 11-11 drills. Jason looks good, but never came over and acknowledge the fans. Flozel looks huge, but never stopped and said hello. Marco was all smiles and I was thrilled to see Jacob out there, even though I could here Parcells yell at him. But, Romo got yelled at pretty bad at one point. He fumbled the ball away and Parcells could be heard from anywhere saying "ROMO, You screwed it ALL UP!.. Yes ROMO.. You DID!" .. It was kinda funny. Justin 'Berry-O' is a friendly guy.

Roy Williams is a real nice guy. He signed everyone things before pratice. In the morning and afternoon yesterday. He was the only person who signed before practice. Last year I didn't get one.. This year I got three things signed by him. It was great. Dat Ngyuen is the first guy out for pratice all three times I saw. He is out atleast 30 mins early to get stretched. DeMarcus Ware is so quick and fast. Great Balance. On 11-11 he got to the QB most the time. He seem to hurt himself on one play.. but walked it off and kept going. .

Random Happenings - Jerry Jones grandkids are lucky. They were atleast 7-8 year olds.. and atleast 8 of them. Just running all over the field. They also caught onside kick practice kicks from Billy. It was amazeing.. they were able to run around and do whatever they wanted to do. Troy Aikman stopped by for todays practice. John Madden was there yesterday, and one of my many times out of my room last night. Because, I would just get up and go around the complex to atleast see who was outside.. I happen to run into John Madden. I shook his hand.. and that was it. He just got back from dinner with a few people. Also, While in the lobby of the Marriot.. Numerous players walk throught it and just sit and chill. I was in there while Larry Allen was just hanging out and chatting with people. Strange enough, On my last walk around before 10PM I went to the lobby and used their bathroom (Gave me an excuse to go in the lobby) whie walking in.. out walking was Jim Burnnet I think (Nose Tackle for Giants for Parcells. I think i have his name wrong) I said hello and walked in. When I came out.. there was Parcells.. I was in awe. He was talking to a player I couldnt make out. I walked side by side with Bill as he walked out the doors. I said Good Evening to him and said it back.. and I walked away as he got on his golf cart.

Hotel Room - I was in the Penthouse.. I was able to see players walk around and go everywhere. I saw Larry Allen, Jacob Rogers, and Keyshawn get into their cars and drive off. And, When I went to sleep around 12.. I didn't see their cars back.. When I woke up they were there. So, apparently they go home or somewhere. The people are real nice at the Marroit. I saw Dale many times, although I was probably stalking him, because I never said hello cause he always looked busy or was crotched down taking pictures. But, I saw him and the other intern's I believe leave late at night to head to a club/bar or get food.

I can't wait till Next year.. I'll do it all over again.

Authographs -
Tony Romo, Patrick Crayton, Brett Pierce, Sean Ryan, Larry Allen, Rob Petti, Justin Beriault, Roy Williams, Kevin Burnett, Bradie James, Dat Ngyuen, Al Singleton, Jermaine Brooks, DeMarcus Wear, Billy Cundiff, Jose Cortez, CALVIN HILL, CARL BANKS, ROBERT NEWHOUSE. Couple Others.. I'll have to remember.

Here's Pictures.

http://img231.*************/img231/9283/10001872ox.jpg
Dat - First to practice, Always

http://img231.*************/img231/5931/10001941rl.jpg
Big Larry Allen - Last to practice, Always

http://img231.*************/img231/2816/10002040kv.jpg
Berry-O and others.

http://img231.*************/img231/1971/10002061th.jpg
Jose Cortez kicking off back and forword with Billy

http://img231.*************/img231/9085/10002115hn.jpg
Very Tall Chris Canty

http://img231.*************/img231/3251/10002147lx.jpg
Random

http://img231.*************/img231/5820/10002152xz.jpg
First team D - Newman and Ware

http://img231.*************/img231/2081/10002186sc.jpg
Parcells talking to Morgan after a dropped TD.

http://img299.*************/img299/8260/10002407ic.jpg
Troy, and some of the Jerry's Grandkids that were able to do ANYTHING they wanted.

http://img299.*************/img299/2517/10002449bq.jpg
OUR VERY OWN DALE (Chad Peters) Interviewing ROMO after Today's Practice.

Ok, Thats it. I'll post pictures of the Penthouse if anyone is intrested to see the rooms the players are staying it. This isn't the best report.. It's just one from a fan's point of view.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
thanks for the pics and the info. sounds like you had a ball.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Encore said:
Hello Everyone,

Just got home after two days at training camp. I stayed at the Marroit with the players, and I must say if anyone gets the chances to do this. You should. If your a die hard fan like myself then you'll walk around with smiles.
Encore,

Great job! Glad you had fun.......question, how much are the rooms each night? Do the rates go up since the players are there?

I may do that next year.......sounds great.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Encore - thanks for the post - excellent.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks Encore.
Parcells looks like he's eating real well at camp:) Looks like he added about 20 lbs in 10 days. LOL

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
awesome recap Encore!!!

Can we get an Encore?? :cool: :p:

Ok I know that was bad, thanks for sharing some of your experiences with the less fortunate... I really appreciate it. :)

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Any other impressions, Encore?

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
That was very entertaining, Encore! Great pics and captions!

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Glad everyone could enjoy my write up. I noticed the grammer/spelling was bad, but I had just got home and I wanted to get that out ASAP.

CrazyCowboy, The price in the room stay the same when the players come, but you can't use any of thier promo's to get a cheaper rate. Atleast thats what they say if you call in. I called in and asked for a penthouse and they said non are open to the public while the players and media are there. But, I checked online and I was able to book a room that way for a penthouse. On the phone they said you couldn't use any type of promo either, but online it let me. So, With my AAA card I was able to get the room for one night at the cost of $189. With tax it came out to $207. Normally the cost I think is $169. Thats with no players there.

$207 is worth it. Atleast to me. Especially if you take a few friends with you and they can pay some of the cost. I'm only 21, but being there and walking around and see all the players up close it makes you feel like your 10 years old again.

I can't wait till next year's camp!

CrazyCowboy said:
Encore said:
Hello Everyone,

Encore,

Great job! Glad you had fun.......question, how much are the rooms each night? Do the rates go up since the players are there?

I may do that next year.......sounds great.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Little Jr said:
Dale looks 18 in that pic.
He looks like he's been in the gym A LOT to me. And considerably more mature looking than last summer.

Great pic, Encore, and what a wonderful read that was!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Way nice. I'm happy for you Encore. To me, that's a pretty cool way to spend some time. Thank you for posting as well. Always nice to get perspectives from eye witness accounts.

Cool with the Chad pictures BTW. Hope you said what's up to him.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
He looks like he's been in the gym A LOT to me. And considerably more mature looking than last summer.
Mrs. Robinson... are you trying to seduce me? :D

wk-GRADUATE.jpg

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Danny White said:

wk-GRADUATE.jpg
Ha ha, Danny.

WG's the cradle robber here, not me. :D

And we don't get into discussing the external shells of the columnists here, remember? ;)

But Dale is special to all of us, and he looks like he's filled out and grown a lot since I caught a glimpse of him last year on tv during the Quincy crisis.

"Kids" (no disrespect intended) that age often do...spring semester they look like kids...in September they return to school looking much more adult than "18".

In my final opinon, Dale's appearance matured considerably.

Hasn't Tuna already threatened to play him or something? :)

chicago JK

Reaction score
Danny White said:

wk-GRADUATE.jpg

ha ha...Don't fall for it Dale. I think she is just using you to get closer to Terry Glenn.