2007 Divisional loss vs Giants Rewind

stilltheguru

Reaction score
What I still recall to this day about this game.

1. Romo folding in the 4th qtr, that grounding call was big.

2. PC giving up on his route.

3. Jac Reeves pentalty.

Thats all she wrote folks.
Watch that quarter again and tell me a qb that wouldnt fold with that pressure. I think people forgot and are going off memory like I did. It'll make more sense now watching objectively

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

-This was recommended on Youtube for me so I decided to watch again. Few observations.

-Romo played very good minus a couple of bad throws. I thought he played worse when it happened.

-on the flipside, the 4th quarter exposed the lack of leadership from Romo. The game was still winnable and he started unraveling. Yelling at olinemen, refs, etc

-the oline failed him in the 4th quarter. It was embarassing. And Leonard davis with the dumb unnecessary roughness on Strahan in the 4th quarter after a big first down :facepalm:

-the defense was undisciplined and made so many dumb mistakes. Ware/Ellis jumping offsides on 3rd downs. Roy giving space to Ahmad Bradshaw on a 3rd down. Henry with the most pathetic tackle attempt on the first touchdown.

I take back the bad things I said about your boy @WillieBeamen he balled out

Patrick Crayton:facepalm:

Patrick Crayton and Anthony Fasano cost us that game and I will never forgive them. However this game provided a glimpse into the future of what would be terrible defenses that we simply could not overcome. The defense might even cost us this year yet but so far so good.

Oh AND ya boy Garrett was calling plays like an idiot in the second half. Every second down was a run play if first down was a pass :facepalm:

Also, the defense to end the first half was sad. Jacque Reeves facemask call topped off the nonsense.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Watch that quarter again and tell me a qb that wouldnt fold with that pressure. I think people forgot and are going off memory like I did. It'll make more sense now watching objectively

Pressure bust pipes. Once that pipe bust you fold regardless.

phildadon86

Reaction score
we get it. You hate Romo. Now let the adults talk.

And just to make you look even dumber

https://www.ticketcity.com/news-articles/the-best-4th-quarter-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl.html
Awww muffin did I hit a nerve? Lol. I’m not dumb at all. Romo failed numerous times in the 4th quarter. And I never trusted him. There’s a reason he had the nickname Tony “Oh-No”. Like I said above. Romo in 2014 everything clicked for him and it was amazing. But instead of going for the easy first down in GB he played hero ball for the last time. And it cost him a trip to the NFCCG. And regarding his leadership. You must either be blind or wearing Romo glasses. His leadership was questioned his entire career. Dak is a leader of men. Romo was a leader of his band of buddies.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Agree.
It's disappointing to find out how many Skip Bayless type fans we actually have out there.

Embarrassing when people make assertions based on utter nonsense. Romo was screaming at his o lineman who weren't protecting him so it made him a bad leader. Thinly veiled as he wants to win and he's trying to juice up those guys. When Brady does it people bang on about his hard line leadership but if it's Romo then it's a loser mentality. Hilarious.

Reality is the Giants had a very good team and a game like that will come down to a play or two. Crayton stopped his route and that was the key play of the game and cost us the W. Go ask Brady and Welker.
The difference is. When Brady yells. His players listen. Lol.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
That 2007 Div. Rd loss to the Giants is my least favorite Cowboy game ever…..

J_Allen

Reaction score
That 2007 Div. Rd loss to the Giants is my least favorite Cowboy game ever…..

The game against the 49ers stung a lot more. I won't mention the year. We all know it. I don't like talking about it.

This game didn't really hurt much. We weren't going anywhere with that defense.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

-This was recommended on Youtube for me so I decided to watch again. Few observations.

-Romo played very good minus a couple of bad throws. I thought he played worse when it happened.

-on the flipside, the 4th quarter exposed the lack of leadership from Romo. The game was still winnable and he started unraveling. Yelling at olinemen, refs, etc

-the oline failed him in the 4th quarter. It was embarassing. And Leonard davis with the dumb unnecessary roughness on Strahan in the 4th quarter after a big first down :facepalm:

-the defense was undisciplined and made so many dumb mistakes. Ware/Ellis jumping offsides on 3rd downs. Roy giving space to Ahmad Bradshaw on a 3rd down. Henry with the most pathetic tackle attempt on the first touchdown.

I take back the bad things I said about your boy @WillieBeamen he balled out

Patrick Crayton:facepalm:

Oh AND ya boy Garrett was calling plays like an idiot in the second half. Every second down was a run play if first down was a pass :facepalm:

Also, the defense to end the first half was sad. Jacque Reeves facemask call topped off the nonsense.

PTSD

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
The game against the 49ers stung a lot more. I won't mention the year. We all know it. I don't like talking about it.

This game didn't really hurt much. We weren't going anywhere with that defense.
Yea, no doubt in the grand scheme of things the loss at Candlestick was worse but I was really hoping Dallas could “slay the dragon” and get back to a Title game and everything seemed to just crumble…..Also the loss to the 49ers sucked but at least Dallas won the SB the following season so that loss hadn’t quite bothered me as much anymore

Blake

Reaction score

I watched the game again. The pressure wasn’t near as bad as Romo stans have reimagined to fit their narrative. Romo and Eli received equal amounts of pressure the whole game. Eli was clutch near the end of the second half; driving his team down the field to tie the game. Romo came out flat in the third and overthrew TO in the end zone. That was the beginning of the end for Wonder-boy.

Blake

Reaction score
we get it. You hate Romo. Now let the adults talk.

And just to make you look even dumber

https://www.ticketcity.com/news-articles/the-best-4th-quarter-quarterbacks-in-the-nfl.html

How many of those 4th quarter comebacks are in December or during a playoff game? How many of those 4th quarter comebacks were because Romo had to pull the team out of the hole he created? I’ll wait. Romo and his stans enjoyed riding the wave during his mediocre regular season successes, until it all came crashing down once the lights got a bit brighter. Then it’s excuses for why he underachieved.