2007 Divisional loss vs Giants Rewind

stilltheguru

Reaction score

-This was recommended on Youtube for me so I decided to watch again. Few observations.

-Romo played very good minus a couple of bad throws. I thought he played worse when it happened.

-on the flipside, the 4th quarter exposed the lack of leadership from Romo. The game was still winnable and he started unraveling. Yelling at olinemen, refs, etc

-the oline failed him in the 4th quarter. It was embarassing. And Leonard davis with the dumb unnecessary roughness on Strahan in the 4th quarter after a big first down :facepalm:

-the defense was undisciplined and made so many dumb mistakes. Ware/Ellis jumping offsides on 3rd downs. Roy giving space to Ahmad Bradshaw on a 3rd down. Henry with the most pathetic tackle attempt on the first touchdown.

I take back the bad things I said about your boy @WillieBeamen he balled out

Patrick Crayton:facepalm:

Oh AND ya boy Garrett was calling plays like an idiot in the second half. Every second down was a run play if first down was a pass :facepalm:

Also, the defense to end the first half was sad. Jacque Reeves facemask call topped off the nonsense.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

-This was recommended on Youtube for me so I decided to watch again. Few observations.

-Romo played very good minus a couple of bad throws. I thought he played worse when it happened.

-on the flipside, the 4th quarter exposed the lack of leadership from Romo. The game was still winnable and he started unraveling. Yelling at olinemen, refs, etc

-the oline failed him in the 4th quarter. It was embarassing. And Leonard davis with the dumb unnecessary roughness on Strahan in the 4th quarter after a big first down :facepalm:

-the defense was undisciplined and made so many dumb mistakes. Ware/Ellis jumping offsides on 3rd downs. Roy giving space to Ahmad Bradshaw on a 3rd down. Henry with the most pathetic tackle attempt on the first touchdown.

Oh AND ya boy Garrett was calling plays like an idiot in the second half. Every second down was a run play if first down was a pass :facepalm:

I remember Barber absolutely dominating them in the first half, then we fell apart. For a while it looked like it was going to be a pull away win. After 10 quarters of losing football against us that year, they figured us out when it mattered

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I remember Barber absolutely dominating them in the first half, then we fell apart. For a while it looked like it was going to be a pull away win. After 10 quarters of losing football against us that year, they figured us out when it mattered
He had a few good runs in the second half too. TO beat the defenses twice for tds that I forgot about. 1st one Webster got a pinky on it to break it up. 2nd one Romo underthrew it in the 4th because he got hit (just like almost every pass that 4th quarter).

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I was at the game, I've never watched it on TV, only from memory. I remember the defense fell apart starting with the long Giants drive at the end of the half, Romo was relentlessly pressured in the second half, and the WRs just disappeared/Crayton played down to his draft position.

Then on the way home, my dad rear-ended a guy in a brand new BMW, and we found out the next day my Aunt's cancer had returned and was terminal.

It was a really bad 24 hour period. I don't believe i shall watch

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
This game was thankfully not that divisional loss game - this is probably the 1st regular season game, That divisional game was lost due to our OL ran out of gas in the 2nd half and Crayton. ( Dumb idiot ) Also the Defense , especially reeves.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
This game was thankfully not that divisional loss game - this is probably the 1st regular season game, That divisional game was lost due to our OL ran out of gas in the 2nd half and Crayton. ( Dumb idiot ) Also the Defense , especially reeves.
Ahhh i just searched and picked the first 2007 game. I watched the divisional game on a different device. But you're right........also penalties

silvernblu

Reaction score

Also, the defense to end the first half was sad. Jacque Reeves facemask call topped off the nonsense.

Why would you do that to yourself?

blueblood70

Reaction score

do we really need to see this and remind us of the bad to can happen when we had the best team in the nfc that year IMO

efu you crayton you are dead to me..

terra

Reaction score

What you saw was a team coached by Wade and Garrett. Fell apart when it mattered.
One must remember that Romo was still inexperienced as a starting QB. He was a little older by the calendar than most 2nd year starters but he only started a little over half the games in 2006.
AND a lot of those so called offsides on Ware were always shown on film to be false. He was just so fast off the ball.
I never liked Crayton; I thought he was more mouth than production.
Wade Phllips was a top DC but a lousy HC. And when he could not concentrate on the defense because he was HC he did not do all that good there either.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
So I went ahead and just skimmed though the game you did post.

TO was a beast…

That NYG squad really really got better as the season went along. They improved as much as any team I’ve ever seen in the course of one season.

Reactions: CWR