2007 draft plan.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
The 2007 draft? :bang2: :banghead: :bang2: :banghead: :bang2:

keep bangin your head against the wall BDC maybe you will knock some sense into yourself. ;)

Hiero

Reaction score
I agree that we might need to draft a QB round 1 in 2007, but why you want to trade two #1's really doesnt make sense. Thats way too much to risk on anyone. Especially a first round QB where their success rate seems to be 50/50 at best. One first rounder is enough. and we are gonna need a big time WR next year.

aggiecurt05

Reaction score
If you want a dual threat qb in the big XII, you are picking the wrong one. Reggie McNeal has a much stronger and more accurate arm, and will translate much better at the next level. Vince young can't hit the broad side of a barn with his throwing- his throwing is a liability for any team, not an asset. In general, I find that people that are big Vince fans only watched the rose bowl. He's a great running QB, but his dominance in a couple of games (ie rosebowl) was helped a great deal by the fact that defenses were game planning for the #4 overall pick in the 05 draft. To say ahead of time, this isn't an A&M/UT debate, it's just a matter of who is the better QB pro prospect, and I think you will have trouble finding anyone that has watched both of them consistently with any football knowledge that would actually advocate Vince over Reggie. (now I am hoping the cowboys pick reggie in the first this next year)

jimmy40

Reaction score
aggiecurt05 said:
If you want a dual threat qb in the big XII, you are picking the wrong one. Reggie McNeal has a much stronger and more accurate arm, and will translate much better at the next level. Vince young can't hit the broad side of a barn with his throwing- his throwing is a liability for any team, not an asset. In general, I find that people that are big Vince fans only watched the rose bowl. He's a great running QB, but his dominance in a couple of games (ie rosebowl) was helped a great deal by the fact that defenses were game planning for the #4 overall pick in the 05 draft. To say ahead of time, this isn't an A&M/UT debate, it's just a matter of who is the better QB pro prospect, and I think you will have trouble finding anyone that has watched both of them consistently with any football knowledge that would actually advocate Vince over Reggie. (now I am hoping the cowboys pick reggie in the first this next year)
Put Reggie McNeal in the Longhorns offense last year and he would have been broken in half.

aggiecurt05

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Put Reggie McNeal in the Longhorns offense last year and he would have been broken in half.

but with a much weaker offensive line and a much weaker running back, he played all season (missed half of one quarter)? What's your logic in saying that he couldn't have made it through a season with the longhorns? the crappy offensive coordinator?

NeOn_KoWbOy_88

Reaction score
parchy said:
I'm *sort of* thinking ahead to the '06 draft, but the only thing on my mind are wide receivers... there are going to be some real good ones this year

whos coming out next year? besides the lil guy in ur sig haha