2007 was Romo’s Year

Whyjerry

Reaction score
That’s for you to decide.. It’s a false narrative in my book....

False narrative - Let me ask you this - P Manning jetting off before a big game. Brady ever photographed on the beach a week before a big game. That guy could with his record but still it never happened. 2007 was a wasted opportunity. That was the team Bill gifted to the old drunk to bring Dallas back into prominence. Yet Jerry hands the Cadillac to a guy that had failed several times as a HC. To the old drunk it would be different that time. Wrong. Wheels came off soon after. Confidence grows quickly in Dallas.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Just didn't all line up for him timing-wise-- physically, mentally and team-wise...all in tandem.

Put his 2014 mind in his 2007 body and we probably still lose, we were at a coaching dificit....

Blackrain

Reaction score
Tony Romo didn't lose the game but he wasn't leader enough to know what it takes to win those games . It takes Ray Lewis type dedication ,stay home invite the guys over and watch film look for something you can exploit and go to a field and work on it .

Tony was a great passer plenty good enough to win that game but not good enough to know how to elevate the rest of the team . Skirt chasing in Cabo should have been saved for after the SB . He and Witten should have held informal practice and used every minute of the bye week to study and get better .

They wasted an opportunity because they didn't make the most of the extra time they had . Sad but true

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
False narrative - Let me ask you this - P Manning jetting off before a big game. Brady ever photographed on the beach a week before a big game. That guy could with his record but still it never happened. 2007 was a wasted opportunity. That was the team Bill gifted to the old drunk to bring Dallas back into prominence. Yet Jerry hands the Cadillac to a guy that had failed several times as a HC. To the old drunk it would be different that time. Wrong. Wheels came off soon after. Confidence grows quickly in Dallas.

Guys going to a beach or not would have made no difference with the coaching. We had a very basic offense and it gave us no edge whatsoever. We scored on talent...

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Tony Romo didn't lose the game but he wasn't leader enough to know what it takes to win those games . It takes Ray Lewis type dedication ,stay home invite the guys over and watch film look for something you can exploit and go to a field and work on it .

Tony was a great passer plenty good enough to win that game but not good enough to know how to elevate the rest of the team . Skirt chasing in Cabo should have been saved for after the SB . He and Witten should have held informal practice and used every minute of the bye week to study and get better .

They wasted an opportunity because they didn't make the most of the extra time they had . Sad but true

:facepalm:

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Guys going to a beach or not would have made no difference with the coaching. We had a very basic offense and it gave us no edge whatsoever. We scored on talent...

Basic offense? My word who was the architect of that???

DFWJC

Reaction score
I actually thought you were kidding about Cabo. That nobody, after all this time, still thought that had any bearing.

You can't be serious with this crap.

What's the difference between sitting poolside with your girlfriend or sitting in a house with your girlfriend somewhere else?
It wasn't like they were getting hammered and partying all day like half the team was in both Vegas and the strip bars in Dallas that week.
It is nothing in same galaxiy like what the 1990 Cowboys teams did, for that matter.
And this was TWO weeks before game, not game week.

Furthermore, according to the staff, one player went to Valley Ranch that week before leaving town--after talking the staff into letting him in---it was Romo.
This narrative is just so dumb.

If anything, Romo took the tamer route than many do by laying low at a beach house with Witten and their girlfriends.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I actually thought you were kidding about Cabo. That nobody, after all this time, still thought that had any bearing.

You can't be serious with this crap.

What's the difference between sitting poolside with your girlfriend or sitting in a house with your girlfriend somewhere else? It wasn't like they were getting hammered and partying all day like half the team was in both Vegas and the strip bars in Dallas that week.
It is nothing in same galaxiy like what the 1990 Cowboys teams did
And this was TWO weeks before game, not game week. Furthermore, according to the staff, one player went to Valley Ranch that week before leaving town--after talking the staff into letting him in---it was Romo.
This narrative is just so dumb.

If anything, Romo took the tamer route than many do by laying low at a beach house with Witten and their girlfriends.

You know what is dumb? Freaking out like a little girl. Disagree, fine. Saying someone is dumb or an opinion is crap, not fine. Why don’t you chill out.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Brady figured out how to win SB with two midgets over 30 in Edelman and Amendola Both under 6ft and under 200lbs not the athletic specimen Romo had in TO . Practice ,Practice and more practice

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
2014 was great, we had the catch, but we didn’t have a defense. We had a good run game and Dez played out of his mind but we were incomplete.

2007 we had a good defense, we had it all. Romo played good enough to win that game. We had the Fasano TD drop, TO dropped a key 3rd down pass, Crayton hesitates on his route. Secondary was a bit suspect at times. Coaches had no adjustments.

2007 was his best year and best chance to win it all. We went 13-3, had the bye. I wanted another shot at those Cheateriots.....
Then Cabo happened.

She doomed us...
gdeZUHh.jpg

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Brady figured out how to win SB with two midgets over 30 in Edelman and Amendola Both under 6ft and under 200lbs not the athletic specimen Romo had in TO . Practice ,Practice and more practice

Why? Jerry and Wade were basking in the glow of a good regular season.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You know what is dumb? Freaking out like a little girl. Disagree, fine. Saying someone is dumb or an opinion is crap, not fine. Why don’t you chill out.
Sometimes, mental midgett stuff ticks me off. What can I say.
Maybe it shouldn't, but sometimes it does.
I realize it's a fault

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I thought we were great that year but the Patriots were just unstoppable. In any other year, we would've been Super Bowl favorites. The sad thing is that we couldn't capitalize on a successful team with a young star QB. I think that was Romo's first year as a full-time starter (after having taken over for Bledsoe midseason the year before). You'd think it would be a Patriots-Cowboys rivalry for the next decade. Instead, the Patriots are still competing for Super Bowls and the Cowboys had one or two more decent years in the Romo era.

Blackrain

Reaction score

If Romo is throwing to Crayton and TO all week going over what they will be doing and used that extra time wisely quite possibly they don't drop the ball in critical moments .

Why because everyone is in sync no lapse to lose focus and concentration of the task in front of you . Bye weeks never help us because we never use them properly to get an edge on our opponent . We waste the time show up flat and unprepared .

If you are a leader and want to win a championship you take charge and make sure the guys you have to depend on are as prepared as you are . If you just want to be known as a great passer you go on vacation and hope they prepare themselves .