2007 was Romo’s Year

SSoup

Reaction score
Yeah I’ve never agreed with this narrative. Romo played well, he wasn’t the reason three receivers let him down....
I mean, he wasn't absolutely abysmal. Meaning he didn't sink us with one of his many-INT games. And his guys dropped a couple balls, sure.

But Romo completed only 50% of his passes (give him a couple drops back and he still wouldn't have even cracked 60%). For only 201 yards, despite us calling about 40 passing plays. And as many turnovers as touchdowns. And a passer rating down in the 60's. Our fans wanna tar and feather our current QB when he posts a stat line like that, but yeah.

He was worse than his usual self, absolutely.

The receivers did him no real favors, and the line blew some protections, and the penalties were dumb. But Romo was also not his usual self. He was just one of many who showed up and gave a worse performance that day than usual.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I mean, he wasn't absolutely abysmal. Meaning he didn't sink us with one of his many-INT games. And his guys dropped a couple balls, sure.

But Romo completed only 50% of his passes (give him a couple drops back and he still wouldn't have even cracked 60%). For only 201 yards, despite us calling about 40 passing plays. And as many turnovers as touchdowns. And a passer rating down in the 60's. Our fans wanna tar and feather our current QB when he posts a stat line like that, but yeah.

He was worse than his usual self, absolutely.

The receivers did him no real favors, and the line blew some protections, and the penalties were dumb. But Romo was also not his usual self. He was just one of many who showed up and gave a worse performance that day than usual.

Owens was coming off injury and was primarily a decoy that day, and the offensive line was having a lot of trouble with the Giants' stunts. Sometimes the numbers don't tell the whole story.

Goff just had an awful day in the Super Bowl and Brady wasn't that much better. Had a lot to do with the defenses for each team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The trip itself had no bearing on the game . The time used on the trip could have been used staying in sync with your receivers and looking at tape to find ways to get an edge on your opponent then adding more practice on what you found .

When you have that much time there is no excuse to not make the best use of it to study and practice . Winners with the proper work ethic vacation after the work is done
I can easity make the same counter-argument, now as I did followng that game and many times since, that the Giants’ margin-of-victory was established in the last 47 seconds prior to halftime. The defense needed only to hold New York either to a field goal or a punt.

That unit, and especially Jacques Reeves, did not get the job done but it is alright. Few observers can comprehend the sport beyond a singular position. The defense can be left off the hook for an addtional ‘logical’ reason as well.

They did not go to Cabo.

You have the last word. Goodnight.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
2014 team was his best chance

His obstacles to getting a ring that season were:

-A one-legged Rodgers

-A Seattle team he already beat

-An overrated New England team

On top of that Romo was 10x the QB he was in 07

A goofy ref took it all away from him too
Romo didn't help passing on a wide open streaking Beasley for an easy 1st down. Dez didn't help by wanting to be a hero by diving for the goal line, instead of simply making sure to turn around and make the catch with two hands and instead just falling down for what should have been a 1st and Goal from the 3 yard line. Murray put the final nail in the coffin by fumbling the ball late in the game.

Flamma

Reaction score
2014 was great, we had the catch, but we didn’t have a defense. We had a good run game and Dez played out of his mind but we were incomplete.

2007 we had a good defense, we had it all. Romo played good enough to win that game. We had the Fasano TD drop, TO dropped a key 3rd down pass, Crayton hesitates on his route. Secondary was a bit suspect at times. Coaches had no adjustments.

2007 was his best year and best chance to win it all. We went 13-3, had the bye. I wanted another shot at those Cheateriots.....

I think it was also Crayton that dropped that key 3rd down pass. It was over the middle and he had room to run. He also hesitates on that deep ball. Almost looks like he threw the game.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
It was his year, but he felt it more important to shoot tequila with his pop star gf before the biggest game of his life.

Than he flat choked it away against the Giants. If people are gonna talk about the Crayton mistakes, you might want to check the pick six dropped by the Giants just before half.

Romo was a good qb, accurate to both teams, weak leader and did not command the locker room other than his side piece Witten.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I can easity make the same counter-argument, now as I did followng that game and many times since, that the Giants’ margin-of-victory was established in the last 47 seconds prior to halftime. The defense needed only to hold New York either to a field goal or a punt.

That unit, and especially Jacques Reeves, did not get the job done but it is alright. Few observers can comprehend the sport beyond a singular position. The defense can be left off the hook for an addtional ‘logical’ reason as well.

They did not go to Cabo.

You have the last word. Goodnight.

And few can comprehend the impact a great leader can have in the preparation for an important game . We had none on the field or in the coaching staff . Romo was too young and trying to be a celebrity to grasp the importance of the situation and Wade was foolish .

foofighters

Reaction score
2014 was great, we had the catch, but we didn’t have a defense. We had a good run game and Dez played out of his mind but we were incomplete.

2007 we had a good defense, we had it all. Romo played good enough to win that game. We had the Fasano TD drop, TO dropped a key 3rd down pass, Crayton hesitates on his route. Secondary was a bit suspect at times. Coaches had no adjustments.

2007 was his best year and best chance to win it all. We went 13-3, had the bye. I wanted another shot at those Cheateriots.....
It's threads like these that people use to argue how great we we're because we had 13 probowlers that year. We were over rated. Last night's game proves what we haven't had since Jimmy left...coaching.