2011 Cowboys vs 2007 Cowboys vs 2009 Cowboys

The Panch

Reaction score
Switz;4271712 said:
1994 is the hardest season to swallow.

Most people would probably rip my head off for saying so, but that team was just as good if not better than the '92 team.

Four losses by a combined 20 points, including losing the last game of the regular season @ Giants stadium with no Emmitt and our backups playing half the game

The '92 team got beat by 24 points alone at Philly.

We destroyed the Packers in the Divisional round. If not for the turnovers at Candlestick in both the regular season and postseason, and some horrific officiating, we would've had the 3-Peat and quite possibly a 4-Peat.

All this with Barry Switzer as our new HC and the pressure of the being back-to-back champions and going for a 3-peat.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The Panch;4271752 said:
Most people would probably rip my head off for saying so, but that team was just as good if not better than the '92 team.

Four losses by a combined 20 points, including losing the last game of the regular season @ Giants stadium with no Emmitt and our backups playing half the game

The '92 team got beat by 24 points alone at Philly.

We destroyed the Packers in the Divisional round. If not for the turnovers at Candlestick in both the regular season and postseason, and some horrific officiating, we would've had the 3-Peat and quite possibly a 4-Peat.

All this with Barry Switzer as our new HC and the pressure of the being back-to-back champions and going for a 3-peat.

I have always maintained that if Jimmy doesnt leave, we might have won 5 straight. The 1996 team was still a championship caliber unit, even with all the injuries that season.

The Panch

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4271762 said:
I have always maintained that if Jimmy doesnt leave, we might have won 5 straight. The 1996 team was still a championship caliber unit, even with all the injuries that season.
IMO, we wouldnt have beat Green Bay in '96. Atleast not if it was played in Lambeau.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The Panch;4271764 said:
IMO, we wouldnt have beat Green Bay in '96. Atleast not if it was played in Lambeau.

IDK, we handled them pretty well in Dallas earlier that season. Favre just had a mental block against us back them. We lost to the Panthers primarily because Irvin got hurt.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;4271129 said:
This.

That 2007 team was unreal good. Giants called us the best team they played all season.

I'm not saying we would have beaten NE, no one knows. But we definately could have played with that that year. We did in week 5 of that year with Nate Jones manning up on the outside. Plus NE had cooled off a ton since the early part of the season when they dropped 50 at will.

That 2007 team is hands down my favorite REGULAR season team in all of my 24 years as a fan. We didn't get it done in the end, but that season was so fun to watch.

I couldn't have said this better myself!;)

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Overall this team has progressively weakened mostly because of the OL but also defensively. A weak division and weak schedule may put them in the playoffs but they are definitely a second tier team, at the top of the mediocre teams but definitely not ready for prime time. This draft looks like it was a fruitful one but it will take a couple more plus a willingness to actually take advantage of the free agent market to put them over the top.

The Panch

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4271768 said:
IDK, we handled them pretty well in Dallas earlier that season. Favre just had a mental block against us back them. We lost to the Panthers primarily because Irvin got hurt.

1. That was a home game and I think we just caught them at the right time. They didnt have Andre Rison during that stretch, and Robert Brooks was already gone for the season.

2. I personally think that's one of the great teams of all time.

3. Unless that game was played in Texas Stadium, the mental block wouldnt have meant as much.

4. Our offense was putrid that year.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Eskimo;4271186 said:
I think you are underestimating GB's OL. Rodgers often holds onto the ball for a long time waiting for a complex route to develop. That is why he takes so many sacks. I don't think he would be nearly as effective behind our OL. Look at our last two scoring drives against Miami - Romo was constantly under quick pressure and making throws under heavy duress.

Not to take anything away from Rodgers but his WR's are always open - alot of time by 2-3 steps. Maybe he is hitting the open Wr or maybe he just has a lot to choose from- I don't know. All I do know is that Romo has not had a lot of open WR's to hit and Autin should change that a good bit I hope.

perrykemp

Reaction score
The Panch;4271786 said:
1. That was a home game and I think we just caught them at the right time. They didnt have Andre Rison during that stretch, and Robert Brooks was already gone for the season.

2. I personally think that's one of the great teams of all time.

3. Unless that game was played in Texas Stadium, the mental block wouldnt have meant as much.

4. Our offense was putrid that year.

Due to various odd scheduling quirks AND the Cowboys having a better record (and therefore hosting playoff games ) all 7 games from 93-96 the Packers and Cowboys played in the regular season and post season were at Dallas. Pretty incredible if you think about it. The Cowboys won them all.

The 1st game where the Cowboys came to Lambeau in that time period (1997) the Packers was 45-17.