2013 Kiper Invitational Team by Team Selections....

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Questfor6;5002802 said:
My only question is what's wrong with Terrence Williams for him to fall all the way to 57?
I tried very hard to trade back up into the second to grab him. In the end I just couldn't get it done.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;5003464 said:
I tried very hard to trade back up into the second to grab him. In the end I just couldn't get it done.

Probably the most physically gifted proven WR in this draft. Size, speed, quickness.

Maybe some fear of his route-tree and his hands while at times outstanding can be inconsistent.

I think he is a poor man's Dez Bryant.
Should be a round 1 selection, maybe as high as to the Steelers if they lose Wallace.

Questfor6

Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;5003464 said:

I was sitting there almost certain that he'd go to the Commanders in the 2nd just for the simple fact he'd be teamed with RG3 again.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
didn't 'hate' the dallas selections even tho i wouldn't have went that direction but i did hate the trade down. moving down 9 spots in r1 is a severe downgrade in talent. with the most explosive 3 tech on the board at 18 that is a crazy trade to make imho. and teams pretty much never make those trades before they see who's there.

DFWJC

Reaction score
jterrell;5003515 said:
Probably the most physically gifted proven WR in this draft. Size, speed, quickness.

Maybe some fear of his route-tree and his hands while at times outstanding can be inconsistent.

I think he is a poor man's Dez Bryant.
Should be a round 1 selection, maybe as high as to the Steelers if they lose Wallace.
JT
There a lot of upper to mid-range WRs in this draft. I say he goes as high as 34 and as low as 50ish.

But maybe he blows everyone away at the combine and changes that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
robert70x7;5003329 said:
My Rankings:
  1. Falcons
  2. Seahawks
  3. Buccaneers
  4. Texans
  5. Chargers
  6. Ravens
  7. Broncos
  8. Dolphins
  9. Chiefs
  10. Packers
  11. Lions
  12. Titans
  13. Panthers
  14. Patriots
  15. Steelers
  16. Bengals
  17. Bills
  18. Rams
  19. Raiders
  20. Saints
  21. Eagles
  22. Giants
  23. 49ers
  24. Jets
  25. Vikings
  26. Cardinals
  27. Jaguars
  28. Cowboys
  29. Bears
  30. Commanders
  31. Colts

Oh_Canada;5003376 said:
Seahawks
'Phins
Rams

My top three.

Wow. I didn't expect to do well. I had the Seahawks and just gave my list to Risen on Friday. I had other commitments and couldn't be an active participant. My list was a pure BPA approach.

DFWJC

Reaction score
xwalker;5003546 said:
Wow. I didn't expect to do well. I had the Seahawks and just gave my list to Risen on Friday. I had other commitments and couldn't be an active participant. My list was a pure BPA approach.
still 29 other people will grade your effort, so don't be so sure.....:laugh1:
Just kidding. I turned in my grades and had Seattle as real solid too.

Can't say I'm crazy about any of you four players overall, but where you picked them seemed to show decent value.

Boys122

Reaction score
Not a lot of mentioning of Jacksonville. I thought they had a good draft in my opinion.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Boys122;5003563 said:
Not a lot of mentioning of Jacksonville. I thought they had a good draft in my opinion.
I have then in my top 7-8 I think

I'd like to know after the grading comes out just how many people actually partcipated.

Sifillest

Reaction score
jterrell;5003523 said:
didn't 'hate' the dallas selections even tho i wouldn't have went that direction but i did hate the trade down. moving down 9 spots in r1 is a severe downgrade in talent. with the most explosive 3 tech on the board at 18 that is a crazy trade to make imho. and teams pretty much never make those trades before they see who's there.

yea, the trade down definitely hurt in retrospect. I should have gotten a 2nd or something else of higher value. That's the only part of my draft weekend I somewhat regret. Everyone I picked was on my board in some capacity, and according to it, I didn't really reach for anyone. Time will tell with this entire draft class, and I will be watching closely.

robert70x7

Reaction score
Sifillest;5003707 said:
yea, the trade down definitely hurt in retrospect. I should have gotten a 2nd or something else of higher value. That's the only part of my draft weekend I somewhat regret. Everyone I picked was on my board in some capacity, and according to it, I didn't really reach for anyone. Time will tell with this entire draft class, and I will be watching closely.

Where on earth did you have Alex Hurst and what have you read about him that had him slotted at that position?

Sifillest

Reaction score
Hurst was in my top 100. As far as what I saw in him....

Alex Hurst Bio
Courtesy: LSUsports.net (@LSUsports)
Release: 01/09/2013
2011 First-Team All-Southeastern Conference (Coaches)

CAREER
Played in 41 games with 30 starts during his career with the Tigers ... Opted to leave the team following the Florida game in week 6 of his senior season ... First Team All-SEC in 2011 ... Three-year starter on offensive line for the Tigers.

SENIOR SEASON (2012)
Started first six games of the season before quitting team following Florida game in week 6 ... Played a total of 356 offensive snaps with 44.5 knockdowns ... Played every offensive snap in wins over Washington, Idaho and Auburn.

JUNIOR SEASON (2011)
Starting right tackle for the second-straight season ... Earned First-Team All-SEC recognition by the league coaches ... Started all 14 games at right tackle ... One of only five players on the team to start all 14 games (Will Blackwell, Michael Brockers, Mo Claiborne, Brandon Taylor) ... Competed in 811 plays with 71.5 knockdowns on the season ... The 811 snaps were second most on the team behind Will Blackwell's 823 ... Played every offensive snap in seven games (Oregon, Mississippi State, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, BCS National Championship Game) ... Set a career high with 10.5 knockdowns in 75 plays versus Arkansas ... Saw action in all 58 offensive snaps and posted four knockdowns at Alabama ... Credited with seven knockdowns in consecutive games against Kentucky and Florida.

SOPHOMORE SEASON (2010)
Earned a starting role at right tackle for the first nine games before missing the final three contests of the regular season with a leg injury ... Missed the Louisiana-Monroe, Ole Miss and Arkansas games but returned as the starter in the Cotton Bowl ... Posted 48 knockdowns and played 621 snaps on the year ... Played all 76 snaps in the Cotton Bowl win over Texas A&M and finished second on the team with six knockdowns ... It was his first action since exiting in the first quarter of the Alabama game ... Recorded his first double-digit knockdown total with 10 in 76 snaps against Tennessee ... Competed in 65 plays and finished with six knockdowns against West Virginia ... Participated in 59 plays and posted five knockdowns versus Mississippi State.

REDSHIRT FRESHMAN SEASON (2009)
Played in 12 games with no starts ... Served as a backup at both guard positions on the offensive line for the Tigers ... Also saw action on LSU's field goal and PAT units ... Played in at least one offensive series in three of LSU's last five regular season games, spelling senior Lyle Hitt ... Played best game of career against Penn State in the Capital One Bowl, seeing action on 20 snaps ... Also saw action against Tulane (12 snaps), Ole Miss (9) and Arkansas (8).

robert70x7

Reaction score
Sifillest;5003722 said:
Hurst was in my top 100. As far as what I saw in him....

Alex Hurst Bio
Courtesy: LSUsports.net (@LSUsports)
Release: 01/09/2013
2011 First-Team All-Southeastern Conference (Coaches)

CAREER
Played in 41 games with 30 starts during his career with the Tigers ... Opted to leave the team following the Florida game in week 6 of his senior season ... First Team All-SEC in 2011 ... Three-year starter on offensive line for the Tigers.

SENIOR SEASON (2012)
Started first six games of the season before quitting team following Florida game in week 6 ... Played a total of 356 offensive snaps with 44.5 knockdowns ... Played every offensive snap in wins over Washington, Idaho and Auburn.

JUNIOR SEASON (2011)
Starting right tackle for the second-straight season ... Earned First-Team All-SEC recognition by the league coaches ... Started all 14 games at right tackle ... One of only five players on the team to start all 14 games (Will Blackwell, Michael Brockers, Mo Claiborne, Brandon Taylor) ... Competed in 811 plays with 71.5 knockdowns on the season ... The 811 snaps were second most on the team behind Will Blackwell's 823 ... Played every offensive snap in seven games (Oregon, Mississippi State, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, BCS National Championship Game) ... Set a career high with 10.5 knockdowns in 75 plays versus Arkansas ... Saw action in all 58 offensive snaps and posted four knockdowns at Alabama ... Credited with seven knockdowns in consecutive games against Kentucky and Florida.

SOPHOMORE SEASON (2010)
Earned a starting role at right tackle for the first nine games before missing the final three contests of the regular season with a leg injury ... Missed the Louisiana-Monroe, Ole Miss and Arkansas games but returned as the starter in the Cotton Bowl ... Posted 48 knockdowns and played 621 snaps on the year ... Played all 76 snaps in the Cotton Bowl win over Texas A&M and finished second on the team with six knockdowns ... It was his first action since exiting in the first quarter of the Alabama game ... Recorded his first double-digit knockdown total with 10 in 76 snaps against Tennessee ... Competed in 65 plays and finished with six knockdowns against West Virginia ... Participated in 59 plays and posted five knockdowns versus Mississippi State.

REDSHIRT FRESHMAN SEASON (2009)
Played in 12 games with no starts ... Served as a backup at both guard positions on the offensive line for the Tigers ... Also saw action on LSU's field goal and PAT units ... Played in at least one offensive series in three of LSU's last five regular season games, spelling senior Lyle Hitt ... Played best game of career against Penn State in the Capital One Bowl, seeing action on 20 snaps ... Also saw action against Tulane (12 snaps), Ole Miss (9) and Arkansas (8).

So you essentially drafted two players who haven't practiced since October and November, one of which quit and doesn't know if he wants to play football anymore and wasn't even on the list of 300 players invited to the combine.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
My top five by grades were

10:
Cards-Got a walk in starter at quarterback at pick #7. I'm not 100% convinced that Geno is going to be an NFL superstar, but when Lindley and Kolb is your qb depth chart you are doomed even with a great defense. They followed that up with an athletic versatile lineman that they desperately needed. Bennie Logan is great value pick at the nose. Also got the best blocking tight end in the draft that could grow into a tackle like Peters.

Jets- The Jets need a quarterback, passrusher, receiver, safety, running back and right tackle. They got a good value at premium positions for a cap strapped team. That is as good as you can do.

9:

Tampa- Loved the value for trades and the players picked. Looks like a pure BPA draft because McCoy and Richardson are both 3 techniques but they are great players. Thought Tampa needs a tackle to get rid of some salary and maybe an earlier corner, but Greene and Richardson could be pro bowl players.

Jags- They drafted 3 starters and a potential starter at a depleted qb position. Probably could have rated this a 10 in hindsight but, I guess being at 2 is a bit different than pulling off a bit later.

8: Thought the Panthers, Pack and Titans were also very good uses of picks and finding value at need positions.

Sifillest

Reaction score
robert70x7;5003727 said:
So you essentially drafted two players who haven't practiced since October and November, one of which quit and doesn't know if he wants to play football anymore and wasn't even on the list of 300 players invited to the combine.

Pretty sure they have combine snubs yearly. I'm not worried about it. I checked game tape.

DFWJC

Reaction score
robert70x7;5003727 said:
Dude, you're piling on. He did his best.

Can't say I fully understood some of the picks and moves either, but whomever picks for Dallas in these things gets hammered enough as it is.

tm1119

Reaction score
Would just like to point out that I got the Giants 4 guys that got picked in the top 50 and you guys gave me a D....clearly my genius wasn't recognized.

But on a serious note, its pretty fun to go back and see where we drafted guys vs where they actually got taken.

Questfor6

Reaction score
Hey I have a good eye for talent when I drafted 2 of our guys for Houston!!

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think I have last place locked up.

Would have done light years better maybe a month before the draft, but we all would have.

It was fun anyway, so thanks again RS

Tezz

Reaction score
I should've been graded higher than last place! Not counting the Commanders since they didn't have a 1st... I was actually targeting Arthur Brown and Brandon Williams for the Ravens too but couldn't get them!