2013 Schedule Thread

gmb85

Reaction score
I've changed my prediction. Cowboys go 16-0! Undefeated baby!

Yuma Cactus

Reaction score
Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher 47s

Last time Cowboys had bye week as late as Nov. 17? Go back to Dec. 9, 1990

DenCWBY

Reaction score
gmb85;5051197 said:
I've changed my prediction. Cowboys go 16-0! Undefeated baby!

Awesome!! You are crowned Fan of the Week!!:laugh1:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
DallasJ7;5051186 said:
I'm actually shocked that two of our divisional games - @Commanders and @Eagles - are early games. Usually Fox wants all of our non-primetime divisional games to be the late afternoon feature.

that could change

DenCWBY

Reaction score
gmb85;5051207 said:
Awesome! My birthday just got better. ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GMB and may all your wishes (including a 16-0 season) come true!! Don't celebrate too hard!!
:catty:

gmb85

Reaction score
DenCWBY;5051215 said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GMB and may all your wishes (including a 16-0 season) come true!! Don't celebrate too hard!!
:catty:
Oh...I won't.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
crazytown41;5051132 said:
So the NFL still isnt gonna give teams bye weeks before they play their thursday games. Good too Goodell caring about player safety!!:laugh2:

They have Thursday night games like every week now. Wouldn't even be possible.

ohiocowboysfan25

Reaction score
I can't believe how the schedule turned out for next season. My boyfriend is a HUGE Broncos fan and when we thought our teams were playing on Thanksgiving we weren't thrilled. Well the only day that would be worse to have our teams play is what it worked out to be and that would be my birthday. We have been known to not watch our teams play together because we both love them so much. Anyways, it's going to be an interesting birthday for me this year. lol

Hoofbite

Reaction score
All things considered that is a damn fine schedule.

Open and close at home which hasn't happened since 1998 unless I am missing something while taking a quick look.

Only 2 times will they be on the road for consecutive games, one of which is broken up by the bye week which effectively means 1 occurrence. Last year they had 3.

Week 11 bye sets them up for a divisional game against the Giants followed by the short week against a presumably weaker opponent, only to get another extended break to gear up for the final month of the season.

5 of last 6 after the bye are against conference teams so they have some room to make up ground if need be. Last two games are divisional with the tougher opponent coming to Dallas. Also room to make up round.

That's a nice look schedule in terms of how it's set up. Looks pretty stout in terms of competition but I don't think you could ask for a more favorable schedule than that.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Something I don't understand - didn't the Cowboys play the Chiefs at Kansas City the last time the two teams met? Then why are the Cowboys going to Kansas City a second time instead of hosting the Chiefs?

Same for Bears @ Cowboys. The last time the two teams met, it was Bears @ Cowboys too.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If Garrett can't get this team into the playoffs with this schedule, he is so gone

Seriously

DallasJ7

Reaction score
Red Dragon;5051242 said:
Something I don't understand - didn't the Cowboys play the Chiefs at Kansas City the last time the two teams met? Then why are the Cowboys going to Kansas City a second time instead of hosting the Chiefs?

Same for Bears @ Cowboys. The last time the two teams met, it was Bears @ Cowboys too.

We play @Bears - Monday night in December too!

The @Chiefs and Oakland at home thing (same as 2009) confused me for a minute too; then I remembered the change the NFL made a couple of years ago about teams travelling twice to the West Coast when playing a West division. You don't play both San Diego and Oakland on the road in the same season anymore, which was set to happen.

So I imagine in 2017, the home and road games against the AFC West will be properly switched.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
DallasJ7;5051252 said:
We play @Bears - Monday night in December too!

I believe this was a SNF game. Still one of my favorite moments. Archuleta straight up got trucked.

http://i127.***BLOCKED***/albums/p149/1chriscash/minibusve1.jpg

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
CowboysFanSince88;5051128 said:
Because Monday night games are no longer the big games. Where the hell have you been the past 12 years? Sleep?

They flex games now so initial schedule isn't what we'll see.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
2013 REGULAR SEASON

1 Sep 8 8:30 GIANTS
Get the Giants in here to start. Giants come off 9-7 in which the defense gave up tons of yards. The truth is the team just isn't as good as it's reputation. They need a lot of help at LB and to get the DL squared away.
The Cowboys aren't coming in world beaters but it is a good week to test the 2013 Cowboys OL.

Dallas 27-20

2 Sep 15 1:00 AT CHIEFS
KC is coming off a 2 win season. Andy Reid and Alex Smith make this team better immediately but being 2-14 you have no where to go but up.
Still don't see a dangerous team in KC yet.

Dallas 24-21

3 Sep 22 1:00 RAMS
The Rams are coming off a 7.5 win season. They are clearly an ascending team with a great deal of young talent. But they are really light right now in weapons for Sam Bradford. While they will likely address that in htis draft class that Rams offense looks a year away at least.

Dallas 26-14

4 Sep 29 4:25 AT CHARGERS
The Chargers are coming off 7 wins and blew up that team essentially. They retained an elite QB but he has fewer weapons than most. His challenge certainly great unless the Chargers score mightily in his draft. Not a big fan of the coaching hires especially Whisenhunt as play caller.

But Dallas travels for the second straight week and to the most Southern tip of the West Coast. And that combo of East/West travel and back to back road games can be costly. Especially if you have Denver on the horizon and a date with Peyton Manning.

San Diego 24-21 in a game Dallas flubs it's way through.

5 Oct 6 4:25 BRONCOS
Interestingly enough Peyton has tended to struggle versus 3-4 defenses and Dallas has fared reasonably well versus the better Manning. Teams should have a better read on what Denver and Manning will do in 2013 and Dallas will cause Denver some problems. but I can't bet against a team that went 13-3 last year.

Denver 26-20

6 Oct 13 8:30 Commanders
The Skins are one of the harder teams in the league to figure. RG3 is a star but he's also running a largely gimmick offense and returning from an ACL. Gonna say early in the year that offense struggles and hedge my bets.

Dallas 20-13

7 Oct 20 1:00 AT EAGLES
Another team in the process of a major makeover. Can't see this going well year 1. Philly just doesn't strike me as a Chip Kelly type of town but time will tell. These people hate everything but most of all they'll hate all this 2013 losing.

Dallas 34-13

8 Oct 27 1:00 AT LIONS
The Lions found a way last year to under-perform at epic levels. They have massive amounts of talent on the roster and sit as divisional cellar dwellers. The good news is they get an easier schedule for that.

Detroit 28-24

9 Nov 3 1:00 VIKINGS
The Vikings were everything the Lions weren't in 2012. The challenge is to repeat that max effort, max result season and stay healthy. Hard to see that happening.

Dallas 27-17

10 Nov 10 8:30 AT SAINTS
New Orleans is a hard place to go win a night game but Drew Brees is gonna be looking at lots of new faces as he welcomes Sean P back. Saints should make some noise again in 2013 and they'll bring their A games in a tough match up that should produce offensive fireworks.

Saints 34-31

11 BYE

12 Nov 24 4:25 AT GIANTS
Giants have found ways to produce both inept stretches and some of the most glorious all in the same seasons. Predicting which Giants team will show up on Nov 24th is anyone's call. Given the defensive overhaul underway and the schedule that has all Giants supporters up in arms I'll say they are gonna struggle. Add in Dallas a BYE week to prepare.

Dallas 31-17

13 Nov 28 4:30 RAIDERS
Raiders are still the Raiders. Good enough to win but find a way to lose.

Dallas 27-24

14 Dec 9 8:40 AT BEARS
Night game in Chi-town. A tough test for sure and one that will rely upon us beating up the Bears OL badly to have a chance. I think Chicago will rectify that OL by this game.

Chicago 27-23

15 Dec 15 4:25 PACKERS
Hey, Rodgers!

Green Bay 31-27

16 Dec 22 1:00 Commanders
Gave Dallas the edge in the early season meeting but this is another Commanders Super Bowl game. They'll find a way to earn the split.

14-13 Skins

17 Dec 29 1:00 EAGLES
Even the Philly faithful want to lose this one and get the better draft pick. Might be the first and only time they want to lose to the Cowboys.

27-10 Cowboys.

I add that up and it's 9-7.
Not what I hoped to add up but what it is.
I gave Dallas almost no breaks along the way because they haven't gotten any lately.