2013: watch Big Mac, Lacy, Nelson and Matt Flynn overcome a 23 pt. deficit in Dallas

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Matt Flynn. Matt Freaking Flynn.

Red should've been shown the door two weeks after this.

Odd how other teams seem to plug in backup QBs with success.
We did it once with old Clint Lively, was it, against the Skins? That day I decided that cricket was for old ladies and American Football was for me!

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
This loss was typical of the early Garrett/Romo years. Just indescribable and soul-crushing loss...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Blimey!

See Scandrick get schooled.

Horrible day for the Cowboys.
But afterward Ms. Busty taught me to make biscuits while the old Gimmie snored on the couch. :)

This was Garrett's worst day as HC no question about it. This game proved without a doubt that he has absolutely no clue about running an offense or in game management.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This was just poor decision making

up 23 with murray averaging 8 yards a carry and you stop running and start throwing

i just about almost quit being a fan that day

Yep, Garrett had Romo back in shotgun almost the entire 2nd half. Murray ran the ball 7 times in the 2nd half.

I recall a GB player thanking the Cowboys publicly saying "they always go away from the run when its working, thats just what they do". "Thanks because we couldnt stop it".

JayFord

Reaction score
Yep, Garrett had Romo back in shotgun almost the entire 2nd half. Murray ran the ball 7 times in the 2nd half.

I recall a GB player thanking the Cowboys publicly saying "they always go away from the run when its working, thats just what they do". "Thanks because we couldnt stop it".

I remember that quote he openly admitted they couldnt stop the run

everyone in the stadium saw they couldnt stop the run

and we decide to pass it knowing they couldnt stop the run

we Couldve bled the clock dry....go on two 11 minute drives heck even if it led to two field goals we win 32-3 maybe 32-17 if the pack score once in the third and once with the game pretty much wrapped up

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

we Couldve bled the clock dry....go on two 11 minute drives heck even if it led to two field goals we win 32-3 maybe 32-17 if the pack score once in the third and once with the game pretty much wrapped up

He should have been fired after this game alone. Up by over 20 in the 4th and you still lose and Murray was running hog wild the whole game. WOW!

JayFord

Reaction score
I remember thinking if on our 2nd half possessions we had just run the ball three times each time and punted, we would have killed enough clock to win

Til this day i still get angry over this one

i mean it was such a lack of common sense that I questioned if this game was a joke because it seemed like it...

who in the heck goes up 26-3 and then throws from the gun the whole half?

it made no sense

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Til this day i still get angry over this one

i mean it was such a lack of common sense that I questioned if this game was a joke because it seemed like it...

who in the heck goes up 26-3 and then throws from the gun the whole half?

it made no sense

I remember screaming at the TV saying "what in the ---- are we doing? Give it to Murray".

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Yep, at the end of the game, Jones said publicly that we basically could have knelt on the ball the entire 2nd half and still won.

It was the old "take what the defense gives you" mentality of Garrett. So they showed stacking the box and Garrett the moron went to the pass.

With an idiot like Garrett the defense dictates what we do instead of the other way around. He was predictable and rarely had an actual game plan. He just would do whatever the defense dictated him to do.

Worst offensive mind and worst HC in the history of the Cowboys as far as I am concerned.

JayFord

Reaction score
He should have been fired after this game alone. Up by over 20 in the 4th and you still lose and Murray was running hog wild the whole game. WOW!
He was!!! Youre right

he had something like 8.7 yards per carry up by 20

Line up... snap the ball at 1 on the play clock...get up slow and repeat

you dont even need to score you’ll take about 8-11 minutes per drive just doing that

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

Blimey!

See Scandrick get schooled.

Horrible day for the Cowboys.
But afterward Ms. Busty taught me to make biscuits while the old Gimmie snored on the couch. :)

Grrr I was at this game with my family who are all Packers fans. It was disgusting and depressing.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Yep, at the end of the game, Jones said publicly that we basically could have knelt on the ball the entire 2nd half and still won.

It was the old "take what the defense gives you" mentality of Garrett. So they showed stacking the box and Garrett the moron went to the pass.

With an idiot like Garrett the defense dictates what we do instead of the other way around. He was predictable and rarely had an actual game plan. He just would do whatever the defense dictated him to do.

Worst offensive mind and worst HC in the history of the Cowboys as far as I am concerned.

yep, fall on the ball three times, kill 2 minutes each, do that 5 times in the second half and boom, 10 minutes are gone

blueblood70

Reaction score
This was just poor decision making

up 23 with murray averaging 8 yards a carry and you stop running and start throwing

i just about almost quit being a fan that day
yup happened far to often... I was at the Detroit game at att when we blew a 24 point lead in the 4th qtr!!..no coach should be allowed to be that off charts and just start hucking an chucking up that much, although 2 INts on Romo that day were tipped dropped pass type odd things but man those hurt..

some fan hated that then the super conservative pair with Linehan didnt go over well supposedly we ran too much lol..last year KM IMO threw with Dak far to often and forgot to include Pollard and Zeke in pass routes, way under utilized, so can we find some balance please..:)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This was Garrett's worst day as HC no question about it. This game proved without a doubt that he has absolutely no clue about running an offense or in game management.
But .but but ... his first half of the game he was masterful!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I remember screaming at the TV saying "what in the ---- are we doing? Give it to Murray".

I would have screamed at the tele too, but I kept giving sideways looks to Ms. Busty and kept repeating mentally to myself (in a Luis Armstrong voice) what a wonderful world.:),
I sure miss her but not the old gimmie.