2013: watch Big Mac, Lacy, Nelson and Matt Flynn overcome a 23 pt. deficit in Dallas

scottsp

Reaction score
We discussed this very game a few months back. My recollection:

After forging a 26-3 halftime lead over Matt Flynn and the Packers, Jason Garrett and his staff come up with the brilliant strategy of taking to the air in the second half. What does this mean? Well, let's put it like this: Green Bay emerged from the locker room for the third quarter and proceeded to double (16 to 8, if memory serves) the second-half rushing attempts of the team that led them by 23 points. Our run/pass ratio after the half was something like 8 runs/23 passes (one run was wiped out by penalty; Romo attempted 21 passes and took two sacks).

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
For once his game plan actually worked and his team was prepared. Halftime speech (keep up the good work, one play at a time guys)

Then he blew it in the 2nd half.

Those runs by Lacy off the tackle (in the second half) gave me a sinking feeling. Then it became a slow-mo train wreck.
But cheer up, mate.
I do not mean to make me ruffians feel bad, but watching Big Mac that calm and masterfully slicing up our D --- well, I find that fascinating!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
He did seem to manage to find some crazy ways to blow games.

BTW....was it just me or did it seem like we didnt catch one single break for a decade lol?
Good coaches make their own breaks! We had Garrett. Enough said.