2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Fredd

Reaction score
It's that time again. Some of you enjoyed this tool in past years, so here it is again (click the link below to view the file).

Here is what it gives you:
* Welcome page - there are boxes in there that you can click and navigate to the appropriate tab (just click one)
* Instructions - a brief run-down of what you can find on the file
* Value Chart - that is for all would-be GM's out there that like to wheel and deal (I think Jimmy Johnson created this initially)
* Team Needs - I put the top 3 (perceived) needs of each team; of course, those can change based on free agency
* Offense and Defense tabs - these show all of the players on the file and their rankings, by position
* Ranking - that lists everything that you wanted to know about the 432 players listed, well, almost everything - I didn't have data on 100% of them - there are player profile links on most of them
- (note: I used 4 mocks to create the initial rankings - these will change before the draft - CBS, NFL Draft Countdown, Draftek, Walt Football); I will use something like a dozen or more updated mocks before the final version; I took the players listed in the mocks and assigned point values to them, which built the rankings (note: on draft day, you enter where the player actually is taken and it will populate into the College Tracker and Tracker tabs automatically)
* Comparison - allows you to select up to 4 players to see their rankings side-by-side
* College Tracker - this shows how many players are taken for each college team (Division 1), by round
* TRACKER - this is not yet populated as it takes the most time to build. I will complete this when I have my final rankings about two weeks prior to the draft

LINK:

https://www.***NOT-ALLOWED***/s/tvo18phlbblsnzx/2015%20NFL%20Draft%20Index.xlsm?dl=0

Let me know your thoughts - do you like it? hate it? not worth your time? If you can think of anything you would like to see or if you want me to add a player, let me know and I can add them. thanx.

Fredd

dallasdave

Reaction score
It's that time again. Some of you enjoyed this tool in past years, so here it is again (click the link below to view the file).

Here is what it gives you:
* Welcome page - there are boxes in there that you can click and navigate to the appropriate tab (just click one)
* Instructions - a brief run-down of what you can find on the file
* Value Chart - that is for all would-be GM's out there that like to wheel and deal (I think Jimmy Johnson created this initially)
* Team Needs - I put the top 3 (perceived) needs of each team; of course, those can change based on free agency
* Offense and Defense tabs - these show all of the players on the file and their rankings, by position
* Ranking - that lists everything that you wanted to know about the 432 players listed, well, almost everything - I didn't have data on 100% of them - there are player profile links on most of them
- (note: I used 4 mocks to create the initial rankings - these will change before the draft - CBS, NFL Draft Countdown, Draftek, Walt Football); I will use something like a dozen or more updated mocks before the final version; I took the players listed in the mocks and assigned point values to them, which built the rankings (note: on draft day, you enter where the player actually is taken and it will populate into the College Tracker and Tracker tabs automatically)
* Comparison - allows you to select up to 4 players to see their rankings side-by-side
* College Tracker - this shows how many players are taken for each college team (Division 1), by round
* TRACKER - this is not yet populated as it takes the most time to build. I will complete this when I have my final rankings about two weeks prior to the draft

LINK:

https://www.***NOT-ALLOWED***/s/tvo18phlbblsnzx/2015%20NFL%20Draft%20Index.xlsm?dl=0

Let me know your thoughts - do you like it? hate it? not worth your time? If you can think of anything you would like to see or if you want me to add a player, let me know and I can add them. thanx.

Fredd

Thanks for sharing this with the board.:)

Fredd

Reaction score
thanx everyone....there are tabs that will get updated once I have my final rankings...I will do any updated ranking in the next week and then a final in the first week or so of April...then I build the rest of the functions back in

like I have said, if you don't see a player or two on there that you think belongs, let me know and I will add them...

Fredd

Reaction score
I tried to open this from work, and realized that it doesn't give you the spreadsheet, at least it didn't for me...clicking the link does at home for me...so, when the file is done, I can email it to anyone that may want it...I will let you know when done and you can PM me at that time...

...does it open as a spreadsheet for anyone else?

ginstwin

Reaction score
Maybe i misunderstood what you are asking. When i click on the link it takes me to a dropbox page with a non access type of speadsheet (I cant click on any cells) but i just click download and it opens as an excel spreadsheet .

Fredd

Reaction score
Maybe i misunderstood what you are asking. When i click on the link it takes me to a dropbox page with a non access type of speadsheet (I cant click on any cells) but i just click download and it opens as an excel spreadsheet .

oh, that's great...did you have to sign up for it? I didn't have time at work to do that so I only had the "view only" like you were mentioning

ginstwin

Reaction score
oh, that's great...did you have to sign up for it? I didn't have time at work to do that so I only had the "view only" like you were mentioning

I was already signed into dropbox so it went straight there and gave me an option to download . Once i downloaded the spreadsheet it went straight to excel. Its exceptional!

Fredd

Reaction score
Excellent...that's what I needed to know...I am also signed in to it on my home computer, I will just have to log in from another to see if that works...

...lots more to come on that spreadsheet (btw)...waiting for other mocks to come in so I can re-rank the players....

tm1119

Reaction score
I also had no problems downloading and viewing the spreadsheet. Great work as usual Fredd

Dropbox seems to be a must for it so if anybody has a problem its most likely because they are not logged into dropbox or don't have an account. I think it's a must for all android phones so a lot of people have dropbox and don't even know it. Not sure about Apple...

Fredd

Reaction score
(bump)

final revisions have been done and the file is ready for use. I used 17 mocks with a point value for each pick. Then I tallied the points, put them in descending order and voilĂ , we have rankings for 257 players and 432 in total. Lots of bells, whistles, and rankings on here, so let me know if you have questions

Note: a lot of the tabs are protected (for your own security :D); but, the ranking page can be used during the draft to keep track of players; also, when you add in the # of the selection by the player, it automatically updates the tabs called College tracker, and Tracker (that lists the entire board)

LINK:

Let me know what you think. enjoy!

Thatkidbob

Reaction score
Awesome work, as always Fredd.

Appreciate the work you put into this each year.

It looks like a huge undertaking.