2015 Women's World Cup soccer thread

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I saw on twitter shouldn't have been a penalty as foul was outside the box, but so be it. One more game with Morgan and Solo, so all is good

yimyammer

Reaction score
Great game and damn these gals are fun to watch. Even if you don't like soccer, I don't see how you can't appreciate the WWC for the passion, athleticism, camaraderie and pure love of a game displayed for 90 minutes.

DFWJC

Reaction score
As always, Team USA full of North Carolina Tarheels :)

Not as many stars this time,but still a ton on the team.
Fwiw

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
US has been the best team in the tourney and was easily the best team yesterday.

Japan is not as good as either the US nor Germany. Simply not athletic or physical enough.

US very much the favorites now.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Great game and damn these gals are fun to watch. Even if you don't like soccer, I don't see how you can't appreciate the WWC for the passion, athleticism, camaraderie and pure love of a game displayed for 90 minutes.

It was one of the 10 best soccer games I have seen and I have seen a lot.
Played at extreme pace with considerable skill everywhere including both goalkeepers.

The US with Solo and that back line is very much like the classic Italian teams.

yimyammer

Reaction score
They looked amazing, I really thought the Germans would win, guess I got dazzled by that 10-0 shut out early on

I always loved the gals that played soccer back in the day. IMO, they were always the coolest & they weren't petty, drama queens--(we theorized this was because their competitive outlet was sports). They were also very pretty and their bodies were rockin', sure some were a little masculine but they were still fun to be around.

Last edited:

anava

Reaction score
Heart breaking loss for England...We get the rematch...Lets go USA!!!

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel really bad for the English player. No time left to overcome that huge mistake.

Iago33

Reaction score
I feel really bad for the English player. No time left to overcome that huge mistake.

Agree. This is where soccer can be cruel. England outplayed Japan and it comes down to that.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
It is clear though that the press treats the female screw ups differently than male ones. If an English lad had done that, he would have been ripped to pieces for costing them a world cup etc. This was twitter and press reaction to what Bassett did

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ow-twitter-reacted-to-the-lionesses8217-agony

I saw people on twitter ripping those who were laughing at her. Romo still has not lived down a fumble almost 10 years ago. The women are treated with kid gloves when they screw up. Men like that Colombian guy in 1994 get shot.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I feel bad for Bassett, she just became the Bill Buckner of England.

Lucky for her she isnt from Columbia.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Disappointed in the Canadians for not supporting the World Cup by not showing up to watch the games. I know hockey rules up there but this only comes around once every 4 years and not in the same country.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
1. Two heavyweights meet again
Sunday's final will mark the third major tournament in a row in which the United States and Japan have met in the final. In the 2011 Women's World Cup final, the Nadeshiko twice rallied from a goal down to prevail 3-1 in a penalty shootout. A year later, the two sides contested the 2012 Olympic final with the Americans claiming gold with a 2-1 victory thanks to two Carli Lloyd goals.
n both cases, it could be argued that the better team on the day lost. In 2011, the United States had the upper hand for most of the match only to be undone by some defensive frailties. In the Olympic final, the reverse was true. The U.S. women won, but Japan played the better brand of soccer, proving again that in the world's biggest games, you don't always get what you deserve.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...nes-watch-us-women-take-japan-world-cup-final

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is clear though that the press treats the female screw ups differently than male ones. If an English lad had done that, he would have been ripped to pieces for costing them a world cup etc. This was twitter and press reaction to what Bassett did

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ow-twitter-reacted-to-the-lionesses8217-agony

I saw people on twitter ripping those who were laughing at her. Romo still has not lived down a fumble almost 10 years ago. The women are treated with kid gloves when they screw up. Men like that Colombian guy in 1994 get shot.

This pretty much what I told my wife. I said a guy's life would be over (literally). He would always be labeled a loser. I still badly for her, but honestly I would not if it was a man.

Last edited: