Twitter: 2016 Draft Derek Henry & Zeke

Kaiser

Reaction score
Zeke ranked 15th in percentage of yards coming on runs longer than 15 yards.

In his last 500 carries Zeke has one carry for more than 40 yards. One.

Lol! You quoted a stat about runs of 15+ yards and now demand proof of 40+ yard runs.

D8sxR1.gif

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Henry went in the 2nd to the Titans & wouldn’t have dropped to us in the 3rd. We would have had to give up drafting Jaylon Smith to take Henry instead.

For what it’s worth, there was no player in that entire draft I wanted more than Derrick Henry and think he might have rushed for 2,000 yards in a season for us by now...

My bad, I misremembered Henry as a 3rd rounder.

Ok, I change my opinion after being confronted with evidence. I'd rather have Zeke and Jaylon than Henry and some other 1st rounder

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Is 500 carries too small a sample size?

Henry would be absolutely destroying defenses here in Dallas behind THIS line. Definitely would be leading the NFL in rushing given 390 carries a year like Zeke.

He definitely isn't much of a pass catcher, however.

superonyx

Reaction score
Zeke ranked 15th in percentage of yards coming on runs longer than 15 yards.

In his last 500 carries Zeke has one carry for more than 40 yards. One.

If you're telling me Zeke is a home run threat....please show me the home runs.
Here is a fun exercise that will make you uncomfortable.....

You have rolled off all of these stats you think makes Zeke awful...

Now for fun how about you find 5 stats in which you show how Zeke is good?

Or are you saying Zeke is garbage and the entire NFL is wrong for considering him among the best at his position?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
We are not uncomfortable.
You sound like you are looking for fights so you can make your case and walk away feeling like you are vindicated somehow.
Nothing you can say or no stats you can post will change the fact that Zeke is a great back. He will be our (yes that includes you also) RB for the next several years.

Why are you attempting to make cowboys fans feel "uncomfortable" as you put it?
Then what?

What is your motivation?

Just like Dak vs Wentz folks.... They can both be good QB's and one being good in one way doesnt make the other bad ect.
I think many here aren't uncomfortable. The vocal ones betray themselves.

So if a player is with us for a number of years we cannot discuss them? Please go tell all those posting about heath this.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Lol! You quoted a stat about runs of 15+ yards and now demand proof of 40+ yard runs.

D8sxR1.gif
I literally gave you the statistic on 15 yard breakway percentage you referenced.

I then gave you another statistic that came out of a recent thread on Zeke about his speed (to note I did not start that thread).

WHERE ARE THE HOMERUNS?

DFWJC

Reaction score
All of this sounds fun to talk about especially to compare what could have been but we doubled on CB the year after because of what we did the year before. In the end, many people will see Taco, Zeke, Ramsey, and every draft pick compared to someone who has done it better (in their opinion).

With that said, we’ve drafted great! And nothing to lose sleep over. I’m just saying... Trubisky/Mahommes, Wentz/Dak, and the list goes on. It must hurt to take this seriously and think about this all the time.
Yeah, I wasn't saying one was better than the other. Just that both turned out ok.

As I recall on 2016 draft day, I loved Zeke but he was not my first choice
It was
1) Bosa
then
2 and 3) if he was gone then maybe a small trade down or Ramsey.

Know idea if true, but I thought if we wanted Zeke would could get him plus a maybe a 2nd our 3rd rounder with a very small trade down to someone wanting Ramsey.
It worked out fine, Elliott is a monster as most thought he would be....but taking a RB at 4th overall seemed high for me at the time.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
We are not uncomfortable.
You sound like you are looking for fights so you can make your case and walk away feeling like you are vindicated somehow.
Nothing you can say or no stats you can post will change the fact that Zeke is a great back. He will be our (yes that includes you also) RB for the next several years.

Why are you attempting to make cowboys fans feel "uncomfortable" as you put it?
Then what?

What is your motivation?

Just like Dak vs Wentz folks.... They can both be good QB's and one being good in one way doesnt make the other bad ect.

tenor.gif

superonyx

Reaction score

So if a player is with us for a number of years we cannot discuss them? Please go tell all those posting about heath this.
Why would anyone be uncomfortable? Whats to be uncomfortable about? Hey Tom Brady has more rings than Troy Aikman...So what? Does Brady having so many rings have anything to do with the joy Aikmans rings brought us?

You want others to be uncomfortable... But it sounds like no one cares really. Good for Henry. Seems like a nice guy. I hope he get paid and continues to have a nice career.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Here is a fun exercise that will make you uncomfortable.....

You have rolled off all of these stats you think makes Zeke awful...

Now for fun how about you find 5 stats in which you show how Zeke is good?

Or are you saying Zeke is garbage and the entire NFL is wrong for considering him among the best at his position?
Zeke is durable. He has a reputation as a good pass blocker but has regressed a bit there. But solidly above average.

Outside of that he is a product of volume and our offensive line.

He doesn't break tackles at an elite level. He doesn't make guys miss at an elite level. He no longer has his long speed. He doesn't break long runs. His receiving efficiency is poor.

Those are just the facts based on his performance. Counting stats blind people though.

HellCrowe

Reaction score

“We're just focused on the guys we have right now”

:clap:

superonyx

Reaction score
Zeke is durable. He has a reputation as a good pass blocker but has regressed a bit there. But solidly above average.

Outside of that he is a product of volume and our offensive line.

He doesn't break tackles at an elite level. He doesn't make guys miss at an elite level. He no longer has his long speed. He doesn't break long runs. His receiving efficiency is poor.

Those are just the facts based on his performance. Counting stats blind people though.
haha....you just couldnt do it could you..
Thanks man. That was fun though.

Why do you think so many NFL analyst, former and current players, coaches ect all rank Zeke as top 3 in the league at his position?
What is your background in football that makes you believe your analysis is superior to so many people making millions per year to give theirs?

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't saying one was better than the other. Just that both turned out ok.

As I recall on 2016 draft day, I loved Zeke but he was not my first choice
It was
1) Bosa
then
2 and 3) if he was gone then maybe a small trade down or Ramsey.

Know idea if true, but I thought if we wanted Zeke would could get him plus a maybe a 2nd our 3rd rounder with a very small trade down to someone wanting Ramsey.
It worked out fine, Elliott is a monster as most thought he would be....but taking a RB at 4th overall seemed high for me at the time.

My bad. The whole post wasn’t really directed at you but wanted to point out the fun in talking about what could have happened. The post was actually in regards to the whole thread.

This team looks great!

But man.... what if we got Mahommes in 2017, Because we got Tyreek Hill in 2016! Pff stats, next gen, trade generator, salaries?

Kaiser

Reaction score
I literally gave you the statistic on 15 yard breakway percentage you referenced.

You gave us a nonsense stats of "percentage of runs that went for 15+ yards".

That is a stat for specialty backs that only play on passing downs where a run isn't expected. The fact Zeke still ranks in the top 20 when he is a bellcow back rushing on every down is a positive, not a negative.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
haha....you just couldnt do it could you..
Thanks man. That was fun though.

Why do you think so many NFL analyst, former and current players, coaches ect all rank Zeke as top 3 in the league at his position?
What is your background in football that makes you believe your analysis is superior to so many people making millions per year to give theirs?
They rank him top 3 because he has the counting stats. It's literally volume based.

Feel free to tell me what makes Zeke elite. Does he break tackles? Does he make guys miss? Is he a great receiver? Does he break long runs?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
You gave us a nonsense stats of "percentage of runs that went for 15+ yards".

That is a stat for specialty backs that only play on passing downs where a run isn't expected. The fact Zeke still ranks in the top 20 when he is a bellcow back rushing on every down is a positive, not a negative.
No it was percent of your yards that came on runs of 15 yards or longer.