Twitter: 2016 Pro Football HOF Finalists announced; No Cowboys

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Respect Dungy but this is a joke .. a complete joke .. a coach winning 2 SBs and a 3rd by impact ..taking a team from the absolute worst to the absolute best .. the first ever to win college national championship and SB and they let another coach with only 1 SB get in HOF first?

WOW .. just WOW

:cool:

The Natural

Reaction score
T.O.'s still one of my favorite Cowboys even though his longest tenure was in SF. Gave it his all while he was here and I have nothing bad to say about that man. If Jerry had taken his advice about a certain somebody we might not be in this mess that we're in today.

daveferr33

Reaction score
Respect Dungy but this is a joke .. a complete joke .. a coach winning 2 SBs and a 3rd by impact ..taking a team from the absolute worst to the absolute best .. the first ever to win college national championship and SB and they let another coach with only 1 SB get in HOF first?

WOW .. just WOW

Exactly.

Also: How does 2X SB winning coach Tom Flores not get in.

Zordon

Reaction score
T.O.'s still one of my favorite Cowboys even though his longest tenure was in SF. Gave it his all while he was here and I have nothing bad to say about that man. If Jerry had taken his advice about a certain somebody we might not be in this mess that we're in today.

Lol don't steal my thunder bro. I'm working on a thread on this. It's time to correct history. Enough is enough.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
If you're going to have Earl Campbell in the HoF, then Terrell Davis should be in there as well. Virtually the same career span and Davis had better numbers because he could could catch out of the backfield.

YR

eternaljester81

Reaction score

WOW .. just WOW

Anyone here think SAS makes this a race issue too? No? Huh...

eternaljester81

Reaction score
If you're going to have Earl Campbell in the HoF, then Terrell Davis should be in there as well. Virtually the same career span and Davis had better numbers because he could could catch out of the backfield.

YR

Davis was pretty amazing, and certainly deserves the HOF. Elway wouldn't argue.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, then, no Cowboys, just cancel the HOF game and enshrinement then....lol....

Players don't really go in as representing a team. Though we as fans all recognize players on teams they played the most with.
But there are those players on multiple teams and had impacts more on some than others.

As everyone knows the
Triplets are Cowboys. The 70's Steeelrs are known as Steelers. That is accepted.
But what about players like TO, Haley, PrimeTime.
We as Cowobys fans can count them as representing us. But SF fans can think that of Haley, Falcon for PrimeTime.
Though Haley had 3 SBs with us, Deion had 1. Same with SF for die on but only played 1 year. But if they want to say they go in as a member of their team so be it, they have that right, as we do too.

Sitka is known for being the Bears, as a player and a coach, but don't forget his impact here as a coach under Landry as a player too, before he went to coach the Bears.
But most will consider him as a Bear in the HOF. Which is fine.

I will count Deion and Haley as a Cowboys, but not so much TO., well, not as much.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, then, no Cowboys, just cancel the HOF game and enshrinement then....lol....

Players don't really go in as representing a team. Though we as fans all recognize players on teams they played the most with.
But there are those players on multiple teams and had impacts more on some than others.

As everyone knows the
Triplets are Cowboys. The 70's Steeelrs are known as Steelers. That is accepted.
But what about players like TO, Haley, PrimeTime.
We as Cowobys fans can count them as representing us. But SF fans can think that of Haley, Falcon for PrimeTime.
Though Haley had 3 SBs with us, Deion had 1. Same with SF for die on but only played 1 year. But if they want to say they go in as a member of their team so be it, they have that right, as we do too.

Sitka is known for being the Bears, as a player and a coach, but don't forget his impact here as a coach under Landry as a player too, before he went to coach the Bears.
But most will consider him as a Bear in the HOF. Which is fine.

I will count Deion and Haley as a Cowboys, but not so much TO., well, not as much.
I could count Deion as a Cowboy before I would T.O, because he was on teams that won Super Bowls. However, Deion identifies a lot more with the Falcons than he does the Cowboys.

BigD5

Reaction score
I could count Deion as a Cowboy before I would T.O, because he was on teams that won Super Bowls. However, Deion identifies a lot more with the Falcons than he does the Cowboys.

Deion was only on one cowboy team that won a SB. Deion was here 4 and a half years. T.O played in Dallas 3 yrs

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Pretty sure this was a real thing at one point...

art.terrellowens.gi.jpg

Anywho... Favre, TO, Orlando Pace, Kevin Greene and Kurt Warner get my votes.

Marvin Harrison and Terrell Davis have to wait another year.

Reactions: BAT