Twitter: 2016 Pro Football HOF Finalists announced; No Cowboys

perrykemp

Reaction score
If Kurt Warner was the first overall pick in the draft at some point I'd probably say he should go in year 2, 3, or 4.

Given that he was undrafted, bagging groceries, playing Arena league, etc and then went from that to Super Bowl winning QB in his first year as a starter is probably the NFL's most miraculous story ever. He deserves to be 1st ballot.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Being on the team for a cup of coffee doesn't entitle you to lifetime Cowboy status.. My two nickels.. So no, Terrell Owens is not a Cowboy, IMO. Feel free to disagree.

A cup of coffee?

Guy was here for 3 seasons and had 235 catches, 3587 receiving yards, and 38 TDs with a pro bowl, a first team all pro, and an integral part of the Cowboys best regular season since 1992.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A cup of coffee?

Guy was here for 3 seasons and had 235 catches, 3587 receiving yards, and 38 TDs with a pro bowl, a first team all pro, and an integral part of the Cowboys best regular season since 1992.

So I guess that means you disagree, huh?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
When do they an ounce the finalists, during Super Bowl week?

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Respect Dungy but this is a joke .. a complete joke .. a coach winning 2 SBs and a 3rd by impact ..taking a team from the absolute worst to the absolute best .. the first ever to win college national championship and SB and they let another coach with only 1 SB get in HOF first?

WOW .. just WOW:cool:
You can't give Jimmy credit for the 1995 season and then turn around and not give Dungy credit for the 2002 season. Either they both get credit or neither does.

Dungy was a head coach for 13 years, put TB on top and won a SB with Indy. His teams made the playoffs 11 years in a row (Jimmy's went a total of 6 times). Jimmy had a great 5-year run with Dallas, obviously, but didn't do squat with Miami. He was a head coach for only 9 years. No coach is in the HOF without having coached for at least 10 seasons (excluding guys who were also players, owners, etc.).

I think Jimmy deserves to be in, but certainly no more than Dungy does.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Being on the team for a cup of coffee doesn't entitle you to lifetime Cowboy status.. My two nickels.. So no, Terrell Owens is not a Cowboy, IMO. Feel free to disagree.
Owens spent three seasons as a Cowboy. That is 20% of his career.

Charles Haley spent five years or 38% of his career as a Cowboy.

Deion Sanders spent 35% of his career in a Dallas uniform.

Yet plenty of fans view them as "Cowboys" in the Hall.

What is the cut off for a cup of coffee anyways?

Going forward are not going to find many more players that will earn that lifetime Cowboy status going forward.

Romo or Witten will be the exceptions, not the norm.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Owens spent three seasons as a Cowboy. That is 20% of his career.

Charles Haley spent five years or 38% of his career as a Cowboy.

Deion Sanders spent 35% of his career in a Dallas uniform.

Yet plenty of fans view them as "Cowboys" in the Hall.

What is the cut off for a cup of coffee anyways?

Going forward are not going to find many more players that will earn that lifetime Cowboy status going forward.

Romo or Witten will be the exceptions, not the norm.

Why bring facts and figures into this? I'm quite happy being unreasonable about this. lol

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Why bring facts and figures into this? I'm quite happy being unreasonable about this. lol

A least you admit being unreasonable and emotional.

People still have an axe to grind with Owens over the star thing. I still do not get that.

He made me cheer enough scoring TDs and being our pace setter on offense that I am perfectly fine considering him a Cowboy just as much as Sanders, for example.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A least you admit being unreasonable and emotional.

People still have an axe to grind with Owens over the star thing. I still do not get that.

He made me cheer enough scoring TDs and being our pace setter on offense that I am perfectly fine considering him a Cowboy just as much as Sanders, for example.

There's nothing emotional about my stance. I was over the Star thing as soon as Jerry cut the first check. On the field, he produced. I don't consider him a Cowboy, but as I said in my first post on the matter. I'm cool with people disagreeing.

BigD5

Reaction score
I'm against Jimmy getting in. Simply because he couldn't swallow his pride or make right whatever the problem with him and Jerry was so they could build the greatest dynasty of all time. And we as cowboys fans were robbed of that because of those two guys. I'll never forgive that

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
You can't give Jimmy credit for the 1995 season and then turn around and not give Dungy credit for the 2002 season. Either they both get credit or neither does.

Dungy was a head coach for 13 years, put TB on top and won a SB with Indy. His teams made the playoffs 11 years in a row (Jimmy's went a total of 6 times). Jimmy had a great 5-year run with Dallas, obviously, but didn't do squat with Miami. He was a head coach for only 9 years. No coach is in the HOF without having coached for at least 10 seasons (excluding guys who were also players, owners, etc.).

I think Jimmy deserves to be in, but certainly no more than Dungy does.

Jimmy won TWO superbowls, Dungy won ONE. Jimmy's Cowboys was the undisputed team of the 90's, a legitimate dynasty, perhaps the greatest dynasty of the Superbowl era. More dominant than Walsh's 9ers or Noll's Steelers. Dungy built no dynasties, in Indy or TB, none. Jimmy was essentially the GM of the Cowboys during his tenure and initiated ideas and actions that were new to the NFL. Dungy did none of these things.

Dungy may be deserving, but not MORE deserving than Jimmy, not even close. It is a travesty that he is a first ballot guy and Jimmy is not. A travesty so sublime it borders on comedy.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I remember it. I just got over it.

I still hate seeing it on replays but that doesn't negate that T.O. was a Cowboy, and a great one at that. Same as Deion. Same as Haley. And should we hate Irvin because he could not keep his nose clean, literally? Everyone has baggage to some degree, but once a Cowboy, always a Cowboy.