2017 Draft Pet Cats - On the Record

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Draft and college football fans...give me three guys eligible for the 2017 draft that you want to see on the Cowboys in a year. These can be guys from your favorite college or just players that have caught your eye.

Again, just give me three guys. We can look back later in the year and see who's players are studs, and which ones are duds. If you list a dozen players, you're probably going to hit on a few.

I'll start:
1. Jamal Adams S LSU - My favorite 2017 prospect for a while now.
2. JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC - Trojan homer pick. He reminds me of a quicker Dez Bryant. Talented kid and plays with passion.

3. Kyzir White S West Virginia - The younger brother of recent Bears WR and 1st round pick. Kevin. I think this kid is sneaky good and will be one and done (junior college kid) at West Virginia. A West Virginia coach told me he is a bigger, faster Karl Joseph. A USC coach said he's every bit the physical freak his brother Kevin is, just on defense.

Last edited:

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
We don't want him. Too tough to get rid of the Raider Rash.

Garrett might not want him, but Jerry is another story. He as a few things going for him in that regard a) he is electric b) he is a gunslinger in the Tony Romo, Johnny Manziel, Brett Favre mold and c) He is from Texas, not to mention he has all of the physical tools. Exactly the kind of QB that make old Jerry excited.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Great choice. He would have been my 4th.

Going to follow him this year, if he continues to progress he would be the perfect candidate to be the future face of this franchise after Romo retires. Long as Garrett let him be him and not try and mold him into "his" QB. He could be great.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Would love to get Adams but I highly doubt that he will be there at 32. If he is, it will be the steal of the draft and the Cowboys should be sprinting to the podium to turn in the pick.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
RB Christian McCaffrey
WR Cooper Kupp

Will add more, later as I evaluate talent.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
This would be a better thread if we limited it "pet cats not expected to go before round three". There will already be enough hype and information on the top guys.

RS12

Reaction score
Ju Ju and Adoree Jackson, and Garrett at A&M

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score
Draft and college football fans...give me three guys eligible for the 2017 draft that you want to see on the Cowboys in a year. These can be guys from your favorite college or just players that have caught your eye.

Again, just give me three guys. We can look back later in the year and see who's players are studs, and which ones are duds. If you list a dozen players, you're probably going to hit on a few.

I'll start:
1. Jamal Adams S LSU - My favorite 2017 prospect for a while now.
2. JuJu Smith-Schuster WR USC - Trojan homer pick. He reminds me of a quicker Dez Bryant. Talented kid and plays with passion.

3. Kyzir White S West Virginia - The younger brother of recent Bears WR and 1st round pick. Kevin. I think this kid is sneaky good and will be one and done (junior college kid) at West Virginia. A West Virginia coach told me he is a bigger, faster Karl Joseph. A USC coach said he's every bit the physical freak his brother Kevin is, just on defense.

My pet cat and man crush extraordinaire is/was/will be Leonard Fournette. If only.

JJSS is a flat out beast.

bodi

Reaction score
QB C J BEARTHARD 6-2 #220 IOWA

According to analytics-based site Pro Football Focus, however, Barrett is not the conference’s best quarterback. That distinction goes to Iowa’s C.J. Beathard.
The site used its advanced grading system to rank the five best returning Big Ten starting quarterbacks. Here’s how they came to C.J. Beathard as the controversial No. 1 selection.

His adjusted accuracy percentage (our advanced completion percentage stat that accounts for drops, throwaways and spikes) of 71.9 not only leads all returning Big Ten QBs, but also ranks him 11th among Power-5 conference returnees. He also leads Big Ten veterans in completion percentage under pressure, and his impressive 103.1 NFL QB rating when having at least 2.6 seconds to throw in the pocket is 26 points higher than his next closest competitor

http://i1006.***BLOCKED***/albums/af182/collplayers/03204db1-e8b7-4b90-85ec-d0c1651e2c76_zpstmfyiikk.jpg

TE JEREMY SPRINKLE 6-5 #260 ARK

Led all SEC tight ends with six receiving touchdowns, good for a tie for ninth in the FBS … Finished with 27 receptions for 389 yards … Equaled the program single-game record and tied for the most touchdowns by an FBS tight end in 2015 with three against Mississippi State … All six touchdowns came over the final seven games of the season … Ranked 12th among FBS tight ends with at least 20 catches with 14.4 yards per reception average … Hauled in a catch in 10 of 13 games … Had 16 receptions of at least 10 yards, including seven of 20 yards or more

http://i1006.***BLOCKED***/albums/af182/collplayers/HOGthor025_r600x400_zpswxlj2dwn.jpg

MLBER NICK 6-2 #245 NDSU

Led NDSU in tackles by 54, registering 135 total tackles and tying the school record with 59 solo stops...Finished with 10.0 tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks, two interceptions, six pass breakups, one quarterback hurry and two forced fumbles..

http://i1006.***BLOCKED***/albums/af182/collplayers/B9320401612Z_1_20160110013310_000_GK4D3SFHR_1-0_zpsdiclc97f.jpg