2018-2019 Barclays English Premier League Season

csirl

Reaction score
Watching Leicester v Liverpool. 28mins in.

Liverpool 1-0 ahead. Look in a different class to Leicester but need to put the game away with a 2nd goal.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Right, so the last time I did a proper update was Saturday 25 August. So, it appears that I'm late with this update, so let's get on with it.

http://www.skysports.com/premier-league-results

Results from Sunday 26 August

Watford 2 Crystal Palace 1
Fulham 4 Burnley 2
Newcastle United 1 Chelsea 2

Monday 27 August
Manchester United Nil Tottenham Hotspur 3

Saturday 1 September
Leicester City 1 Liverpool 2
Brighton and Hove Albion 2 Fulham 2
Chelsea 2 Bournemouth Nil
Crystal Palace Nil Southampton 2
Everton 1 Huddersfield Town 1
West Ham United Nil (Rather dreadful this year, aren't they?) Wolverhampton Wanderers 1
Manchester City 2 Newcastle United 1 (Another good fight put up by them)

Sunday 2 September
Cardiff City 2 Arsenal 3
Burnley Nil Manchester United 2
Watford 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1

So, here is the Current Premier League Table: https://www.premierleague.com/tables

Top 6 teams:

Liverpool is still cruising high with 12 points
Chelsea is in second place with 12 points trailing in goal differential.
Watford is in third with 12 points
Manchester City 10 points
Tottenham Hotspur has 9 points
AFC Bournemouth is in 6th place with 7 points

Bottom 6 teams:

Bottom of the table is West Ham United who are atrocious this season with Nil points
Burnley has 1 point and are in 19th place
Newcastle United is in 18th place with 1 point
Huddersfield is in 17th with 2 points
Cardiff City has 2 points putting them in 16th place
Crystal Palace has 3 points and are in 15th place.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone seen the footage of Mourinho trying to take a short cut through a crowded space by stepping over a rope cordon (because that was meant to stop everyone else and not special people like him right?). He misjudges it, trips and lands flat on his face. Very funny.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
As a fan of Portsmouth, it's nice to see Southampton getting off to a slow start. Sadly i think they will be fine long term. Good to see Bournemouth doing well, love Pompey legend Eddie Howe.

csirl

Reaction score
As a fan of Portsmouth, it's nice to see Southampton getting off to a slow start. Sadly i think they will be fine long term. Good to see Bournemouth doing well, love Pompey legend Eddie Howe.

Feel sorry for you. Portsmouth is a team that has been seriously mismanaged over the years. Fanatic supporters and should be playing at a higher level.

StylisticS

Reaction score
After starting the season with two losses, Arsenal now has two away wins in a row and 9 points. Nice bounce back and now tied with points with the Spurs.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Go Blues!

4-1!

Going to suck when Hazard leaves
I doubt he leaves now.
He'll be named captain here in a few days I believe and he just had the hat trick.

This system elevates him into the best player in the league and into golden boot consideration.
Under those suffer ball and parked bus coaches he would have left for sure.
If he were a younger player I think the Galacticos would come harder for him but he's 28 in January.

Sarri looks to have this side firmly in UCL next season and plays a beautiful style of ball that benefits all our wingers.

This is the system that elevated Messi. 1 touch passing to a speedy maestro is deadly.

Timing is great for Chelsea here. Have to believe part of them grabbing Sarri was to retain Hazard.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Chelsea now top of the league.
Not bad for a "feeling out".

Fixtures with sLiverpool back to back the 26th and 29th should prove large.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Right! After a week off for International Friendly play, the Barclay's Premier League saw several teams play today. So, let's have a look at the results:

Saturday 15 September

Tottenham Hotspur 1 Liverpool 2
Bournemouth 4 Leicester City 2
Chelsea 4 Cardiff City 1
Huddersfield Town Nil Crystal Palace 1
Manchester City 3 Fulham Nil
Newcastle United 1 Arsenal 2
Watford 1 Manchester United 2

So, how does the table look today? https://www.premierleague.com/tables

Top 8 teams:

At the top of the table, much to the delight of a lot of this board, is Chelsea with 15 points.
In Second place is Liverpool who also have 15 points.
In Third Place is Manchester City with 13 points
In Fourth Place is Watford with 12 points
In Fifth Place are my Bournemouth Cherries with 10 points.
In Sixth Place are Tottenham Hotspur with 9 points.
In Seventh, Arsenal with 9 points
In Eighth, Manchester United with 9 points.

Bottom 6 Teams:

At the bottom of the table remain West Ham United (who have not played yet) with Nil points (Next opponent is Everton).
In 19th place is Burnley with 1 point
In 18th place is Newcastle United with 1 point
In 17th place is Huddersfield Town with 2 points
In 16th place is Cardiff City with 2 points.
In 15th place is Fulham with 4 points.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Right, so as we get closer to the midpoint of the season when teams in the relegation zone begin to realize how dire their situations are, I will begin announcing the fixtures and tables of the Championship League (tier below EPL) so that we can see who's in store for next season.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Feel sorry for you. Portsmouth is a team that has been seriously mismanaged over the years. Fanatic supporters and should be playing at a higher level.

I agree. The good news is that they are top of the table in their respective league at the moment. I do hope they stay up and can get into the Championship League. It'd be brilliant if we can get 4 South Coast teams in the PL. Especially since it'd reinvigorate a fun rivalry between them and the Southampton chaps (then again, if the Southampton chaps continue to soil the bed, that might happen next year).

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
My Cherries next opponents will be against Burnley on the 22nd of September. Should be a fun matchup, especially if we win the bloody match. After that, we play Blackburn on the 25th in the 3rd leg of the Carabao Cup.