2018-2019 Barclays English Premier League Season

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think England has a chance though. European football changes quite quickly, and England has one of the youngest national teams. I think England and France will duel it out like the Cowboys and 49ers used to.
England has finally bought into developing the best athletes.
That side looks insanely well equipped going forward.
France is just 3-4 years ahead in the same process.

Love Kante and RLC a ton as Chels. Hoping Zouma is back at Stamford Bridge next season and that they can keep CHO to play opposite Pulisic.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
England has finally bought into developing the best athletes.
That side looks insanely well equipped going forward.
France is just 3-4 years ahead in the same process.

Love Kante and RLC a ton as Chels. Hoping Zouma is back at Stamford Bridge next season and that they can keep CHO to play opposite Pulisic.

Yes, just a pity it took us this long to get on with that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yes, just a pity it took us this long to get on with that.
At no time have I watched England enter a WC and thought they were top 5 but if it kicked off today I would feel that way for sure.
I'd say they are in a great spot.
France will have everyone's bullseye on them.
In the US we are still reeling from finding a way to miss the last WC which I could only compare to a financial monster EPL side being relegated.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
At no time have I watched England enter a WC and thought they were top 5 but if it kicked off today I would feel that way for sure.
I'd say they are in a great spot.
France will have everyone's bullseye on them.
In the US we are still reeling from finding a way to miss the last WC which I could only compare to a financial monster EPL side being relegated.

Yeah, that's a good way to look at the USMNT. As I said earlier, England and France will be what the Cowboys and 49ers once were with how we look.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Though, I sadly think the only reason the USMNT will be in a WC after 2026 when the US hosts is because of the expanded teams. I don't see the US getting itself sorted out to do much damage in the near future.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Though, I sadly think the only reason the USMNT will be in a WC after 2026 when the US hosts is because of the expanded teams. I don't see the US getting itself sorted out to do much damage in the near future.
The US should make the WC even when not sorted which is what made missing so entirely awful.
It wasn't a bad draw or unlucky games it was just trash play over a very extended time versus teams that aren't in the top 100.

The US actually has more young talent now they they EVER have and it is all playing in Europe.
The question is can this new Coach do anything with it.
Going from Klinsmann(A Euro/German player/manager) back to Arena (an MLS shill) was simply stupid.
Burkhalter seems to have the plot though the Striker and right and left back issues remain.

WC qualifying should never be a challenge for the US going through CONCACAF.
Mexico is often better and is so currently but only Costa Rica has anything near the talent to challenge the US of the remaining teams.
It was tragic losing on the last day.
4 years earlier the US put Mexico through on the last day of qualifying by winning big.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The US should make the WC even when not sorted which is what made missing so entirely awful.
It wasn't a bad draw or unlucky games it was just trash play over a very extended time versus teams that aren't in the top 100.

The US actually has more young talent now they they EVER have and it is all playing in Europe.
The question is can this new Coach do anything with it.
Going from Klinsmann(A Euro/German player/manager) back to Arena (an MLS shill) was simply stupid.
Burkhalter seems to have the plot though the Striker and right and left back issues remain.

WC qualifying should never be a challenge for the US going through CONCACAF.
Mexico is often better and is so currently but only Costa Rica has anything near the talent to challenge the US of the remaining teams.
It was tragic losing on the last day.
4 years earlier the US put Mexico through on the last day of qualifying by winning big.

Indeed, and CONCACAF is a fairly easy group for the US to advance from. To get ousted by Costa Rica is really embarrassing. Klinsmann was actually a good manager who didn't have good tools to work with. The MLS is not a good place from which to develop talent. So, it was quite clear to me that Klinsmann was trying to use his European connections to develop talent while our system could be rebuilt. Let's face it, our "football" league system needs to be completely redone from the ground up. This is what made hiring Arenas such a stupid idea. When it became clear that the majority of the USMNT was from the MLS, I became quite aware that, even if the US DID make the WC, it was only going to be a group stage visit.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Breaking News:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47701937

Watford 4 Fulham 1

This result means that Fulham will now join Huddersfield as the first 2 clubs to be relegated in the 2018-2019 season. 2 down, 1 more to go. Here's the current table (https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/premier-league/table):

1. Liverpool with 79 points
2. Manchester City with 77 points
3. Arsenal with 63 points
4. Tottenham Hotspur with 61 points
5. Manchester United with 61 points
6. Chelsea with 60 points
7. Wolverhampton Wanderers with 47 points
8. Watford with 46 points
9. Leicester City with 44 points
10. Everton with 43 points
11. West Ham United with 42 points
12. My AFC Bournemouth Cherries currently have 38 points
13. Crystal Palace with 36 points
14. Newcastle United with 35 points
15. Brighton & Hove Albion with 33 points
16. Southampton with 33 points
17. Burnley with 33 points
18. Cardiff City with 28 points
19. Fulham with 17 points (relegated)
20. Huddersfield Town with 14 points (relegated)

And now for the current Championship League Table

1. Norwich City with 81 points
  2. Leeds United with 76 points
  3. Sheffield United with 74 points
  4. West Bromwich Albion with 70 points
  5. Bristol City with 61 points
  6. Aston Villa with 60 points
  7. Derby County with 59 points
  8. Middlesbrough with 58 points
  9. Nottingham Forest with 57 points
  10. Preston North End with 57 points
  11. Sheffield Wednesday with 56 points
  12. Hull City with 54 points
  13. Brentford with 50 points
  14. Swansea City with 50 points
  15. Stoke City with 48 points
  16. Blackburn Rovers with 47 points
  17. Queens Park Rangers with 44 points
  18. Birmingham City with 41 points
  19. Reading with 40 points
  20. Wigan Athletic with 40 points
  21. Milwall with 37 points
  22. Rotherham United with 36 points
  23. Bolton Wanderers with 32 points
  24. Ipswich Town with 24 points (likely relegated)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Sarri may have found the plot. Lower table side but this lineup was excellent.
CHO, RLC and Hazard provide ample speed and firepower.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Open for business with a good win :flagwave: ........ #COYS
Tottenham_Hotspur_Stadium_March_2019_-_view_from_east-1024x683.jpg

tottenham-stadium-inside_560x280.jpg

190403212523-spurs-fireworks-exlarge-169.jpg

D3PVITPWwAAxNPu.jpg

:cool:

Bigdog

Reaction score
Indeed, and CONCACAF is a fairly easy group for the US to advance from. To get ousted by Costa Rica is really embarrassing. Klinsmann was actually a good manager who didn't have good tools to work with. The MLS is not a good place from which to develop talent. So, it was quite clear to me that Klinsmann was trying to use his European connections to develop talent while our system could be rebuilt. Let's face it, our "football" league system needs to be completely redone from the ground up. This is what made hiring Arenas such a stupid idea. When it became clear that the majority of the USMNT was from the MLS, I became quite aware that, even if the US DID make the WC, it was only going to be a group stage visit.
What is even more embarrassing is that it wasn’t even Costa Rica that ousted the US but Trinidad Tobago. The US loss open the door for Panama to go thru and El Slavordo to have home/away playoff with Australia. Now that is embarrassing and it led to Tyler Twellmen famous “ what are we doing” rant.