2018 Draft Chatter

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Though on-field workouts don’t start until tomorrow, the offensive linemen are bench pressing today and there’s plenty of free-agent chatter. Here’s what I’ve heard thus far.

Combine Prospects

- Yesterday we mentioned tackle Greg Senat’simpressive weigh-in and the expectations of a good combine workout. Today I was told that if Senat puts up good testing numbers, he could move into the fourth-round area. Teams love his upside, and the ability to line up at left tackle is boosting Senat's stock.

- During our recent mock draft, we had the New England Patriots selecting Alabama safety Ronnie Harrison at the end of Round 1. Today someone candidly told me that Harrison is a “Patriots-type of player: smart, tough and talented.” I’m told Harrison will interview well and knows the Xs and Os better than anyone on the Crimson Tide defense. He’s expected to time in the low 4.5s and potentially get into the 4.4s during workouts Monday.

- Keep close watch on Ade Aruna during his workout Sunday. He’s expected to tip the scales around 265 pounds, could run in the 4.6s and touch 38 inches in the vertical as well as over 10-foot-6 in the broad jump. A raw prospect who picked up football late in life, Aruna has been working with former Minnesota Vikings Pro Bowler Keith Millard over the past month to improve his game.

- As I tweeted out earlier, Penn State receiverDaeSean Hamilton will not work out during the combine but will take part in the school's pro day on March 20. Hamilton was terrific during Shrine Game practices then received a late invite to the Senior Bowl and was equally effective in Mobile. There's a belief here at the combine that Hamilton could climb into the second day of the draft.

Free Agency

- The New York Jets will be more than $90 million under the salary cap heading towards the 2018 season, and the front office has been told to “spend all the money this year.” The team is having trouble filling MetLife Stadium and recently cut season-ticket prices almost 30 percent. While Kirk Cousins continues to be connected with the Jets, expect the organization to be big players once the free-agent market opens.

- One player the Jets hope to re-sign is tight endAustin Seferian-Jenkins, something we initially reported after the Super Bowl. Seferian-Jenkins is coming off a breakout campaign and was one of the most consistent threats on the team’s offense. The two sides will meet at the combine to discuss a contract, and the number I’m hearing for Seferian-Jenkins is a two-year deal at $6 million per season.

- On Monday, we reported that the Oakland Raiderswill make a big push to sign free-agent cornerback Trumaine Johnson. Today I was informed that their main competition will be from the cross-town rivalSan Francisco 49ers, and many feel the team by the bay will win out. If the Niners sign Johnson, it will alter their draft strategy in Round 1.

------------
Tony Pauline

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Doing 14 reps also shows a lack of intelligence, IMO. You know the drill is coming. You should know about how many you can do and if it's that low of a number then you don't lift. Save it for your pro day and work to improve it.
Brown acknowledged at his media session that he knew they would hold it against him and that he would do it again at his Pro Day.

Plankton

Reaction score
Brown acknowledged at his media session that he knew they would hold it against him and that he would do it again at his Pro Day.

He kind of doesn't have a choice after that. That was a pitiful performance for someone his size.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just won...

19: R1P19

DL VITA VEA
WASHINGTON
50: R2P18

LB LEIGHTON VANDER ESCH
BOISE STATE
81: R3P17

DL TIM SETTLE