2018 Draft Chatter

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
The more I read about the Cowboys scheduling visits/workouts with WR's the more I think we're taking a WR at 19, even though I don't agree with it.

Sutton has arguably the highest ceiling of any WR in the draft, but there's certainly some risk involved.

A good comp I read is Demaryious Thomas.
It’s surprising to me that we’re showing so much interest in him since the knock against him is route running. I’m a fan of Sutton, just never realistically thought we’d entertain drafting him. He seems like a legitimate possibility now.

cowboyec

Reaction score
It’s surprising to me that we’re showing so much interest in him since the knock against him is route running. I’m a fan of Sutton, just never realistically thought we’d entertain drafting him. He seems like a legitimate possibility now.
physically,he looks like their kinda guy.

cnuball21

Reaction score

We love the big bodied WR's that have a big catch radius.

His routes need some work, but man the kid has all the tools to be great.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Get ready to be bombarded with this for 3 days until someone finally takes him.

It's an absolute joke that a day 3 player is a draft invite.

lkelly

Reaction score

Because he's taking someone else's valuable spot in the green room? The NFL can invite anyone. If it's a feel good story about someone that overcame a physical handicap, somehow that's an absolute joke? I'd consider it a celebration of achievement. Let me guess - you mock the Special Olympics or Paralympics?

Let's hope that the NFL sticks to bringing in only first round talent to the green room. Even better if they have a history of domestic violence or maybe some sexual assault allegations.

2014-nfl-draft.jpg

cowboyec

Reaction score
I think I'd rather have O'Neill if forced to choose between the two...his tape is better.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

I don't see any way he makes it past the third. And the league probably wouldn't have invited him unless they expected the same thing.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

I'm getting the vibe he might go late 1st....Steelers...to replace Shazier?:omg:

Rayman70

Reaction score

The kid is getting off on the wrong foot in this process. This is not the way to conduct yourself. Its a job interview sitch. You don't NOT make yourself available. For me,this kids exhibiting red flags galore. I wouldn't waste my time setting up a meeting.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm getting the vibe he might go late 1st....Steelers...to replace Shazier?:omg:
Watch Dallas grab him at 50. We have a need right now at LB. We need special teamers as well. This kid can fill both roles and be a spark plug of sorts. I want him on my club,period. He's a great kid and a winner.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Watch Dallas grab him at 50. We have a need right now at LB. We need special teamers as well. This kid can fill both roles and be a spark plug of sorts. I want him on my club,period. He's a great kid and a winner.

Yeah...I'd take him in a heartbeat @ 50....

But I think he is really climbing. Forget for a moment about the hand and just look @ his measurables...a LBer w/ 4.38 speed...Come on man...that is ridiculous.

Hassaan Reddick last year...mid 1st to Cardinals...ran a 4.52...and only did 4 more reps w/ 2 hands in the bench.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/haason-reddick?id=2557887

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah...I'd take him in a heartbeat @ 50....

But I think he is really climbing. Forget for a moment about the hand and just look @ his measurables...a LBer w/ 4.38 speed...Come on man...that is ridiculous.

Hassaan Reddick last year...mid 1st to Cardinals...ran a 4.52...and only did 4 more reps w/ 2 hands in the bench.

Yup...GAWD..I want this young man on my Cowboys team. Do we dare do the unimaginable and take him at 19? We must ask the question. I think this player is special on and off the field. Not to mention the absolute GREAT PR he would bring for JJ and the team around the globe. Plus,the biggy...he can help us win.