2018 Draft Chatter

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Yup...GAWD..I want this young man on my Cowboys team. Do we dare do the unimaginable and take him at 19? We must ask the question. I think this player is special on and off the field. Not to mention the absolute GREAT PR he would bring for JJ and the team around the globe. Plus,the biggy...he can help us win.

I love the player...but just don't see how he fits here in Dallas. I mean you would be drafting Sean Lee's replacement. I don't think the team is ready to make that move. Unless they plan to move Lee to MLB.

I have my doubts Griffin is stout enough to play the middle....@ 6'1 227. That's pretty small...but then again...that is the the new NFL. Smaller...faster LBers.

I can see Jerry getting cute though..trading down...and then @ the end of round one...taking this kid. Wouldn't shock me.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I love the player...but just don't see how he fits here in Dallas. I mean you would be drafting Sean Lee's replacement. I don't think the team is ready to make that move. Unless they plan to move Lee to MLB.

I have my doubts Griffin is stout enough to play the middle....@ 6'1 227. That's pretty small...but then again...that is the the new NFL. Smaller...faster LBers.

I can see Jerry getting cute though..trading down...and then @ the end of round one...taking this kid. Wouldn't shock me.
I WOULD LOVE THE PICK. Hes one of those players that you simply MUST find a place for on your team. He is very versatile and can be moved all over. I think he can be a starting safety or weak side linebacker. He can bulk up too. His quick feet and instincts are maybe the best in this entire draft..he is special. He's always around the ball. Very high football IQ.

Rayman70

Reaction score
What if we get Griffin AND DJ moore? I think the team would be dynamic on both sides honestly. Not to mention both players make our special teams SPECIAL.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Kris Richard would be orgasmic if we landed Griffin lol...Marinelli would be like a mad scientist lol...The kid can be played all over the place.

WhizKid

Reaction score
After spending yesterday doing some mocks on fanspeak (draft countdown seems to have a pretty realistic board) I can't help but notice taking a olineman in the first opens up the rest of the draft. That or linebacker, but I just have a hard time taking LVE at 19, who is always available there. There seems to be a lot of good prospects at WR and DT available later in the draft. I like Ridley, but I think the draft is overall better taking someone at a later round (Gallup and EQB in rounds 3 or Callaway w/ a round 4 comp pick. JMO of course.

Also, what boards do you use on fanspeak?

CPanther95

Reaction score
This is pretty much the worst draft to use a 1st rounder on a WR. So much depth and potential in rounds 2-4, someone will fall. Really don't get all the Ridley love.

Agree.

... and the 2nd worst draft to pick up a WR in the first round is all the others.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Mayfield's temperament reminds me of Johnny Manziel, where that D-bag competiveness could easily boil over and become self-destructive if things turn south. And if he gets drafted by Buffalo or Miami, it's likely that they will.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Yup...GAWD..I want this young man on my Cowboys team. Do we dare do the unimaginable and take him at 19? We must ask the question. I think this player is special on and off the field. Not to mention the absolute GREAT PR he would bring for JJ and the team around the globe. Plus,the biggy...he can help us win.

You gotta be kidding.

Gameover

Reaction score
Mayfield's temperament reminds me of Johnny Manziel, where that D-bag competiveness could easily boil over and become self-destructive if things turn south. And if he gets drafted by Buffalo or Miami, it's likely that they will.
The ultimate boom or bust player. No middle ground with him.