2019 College Football Thread

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL!! This from the guy who keeps confusing the ACC and the AAC.
Yup. Use Tua's injury to hide from how wrong you were about them.

Haven't made that error. But reading comp isn't your strong point.

I think Alabama would whip Oregon or Utah on a neutral field even with Mac Jones at QB. I just think the committee will not see them as the same team. I know how unreasonable that must sound to an awesome person like you. Welcome to my ignore list with all the other idiots on here.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now the question becomes with Tua out, what does the committee think about Bama? Some of them are more about what the team is now as opposed to what it's been all along.

This could be that year we've been waiting for where the teams left out, that have a case for being in, start the talk of expanding the field. If these three hold serve, LSU, OSU and Clemson, the argument for that 4th spot could get interesting. Unless AUB can beat Bama, there are going to be some 1 loss teams asking "why not us"?

The conference championships may make this even worse. What if LSU and OSU were to lose the conference championship? Clemson gets the 1 seed but after that?

Ghost12

Reaction score
Haven't made that error. But reading comp isn't your strong point.

I think Alabama would whip Oregon or Utah on a neutral field even with Mac Jones at QB. I just think the committee will not see them as the same team. I know how unreasonable that must sound to an awesome person like you. Welcome to my ignore list with all the other idiots on here.
lol!!! Awwww, whatsa matter?? Poor widdle baby suffering some butthurt??

Ghost12

Reaction score
Now the question becomes with Tua out, what does the committee think about Bama? Some of them are more about what the team is now as opposed to what it's been all along.

This could be that year we've been waiting for where the teams left out, that have a case for being in, start the talk of expanding the field. If these three hold serve, LSU, OSU and Clemson, the argument for that 4th spot could get interesting. Unless AUB can beat Bama, there are going to be some 1 loss teams asking "why not us"?

The conference championships may make this even worse. What if LSU and OSU were to lose the conference championship? Clemson gets the 1 seed but after that?
I think the easiest path for the committee is LSU, OSU and Clemson win out. Then it’s those 3 teams plus the Oregon/Utah winner. No one is going to pick up the mantle for Alabama now that their QB is out. Oklahoma (if they win out) is really the only team with a legit beef.

IMHO, the biggest problem comes if UGA beats LSU (and all those other teams also win out). You’d have to either leave out a PAC-12 teams and send both LSU and UGA, or figure out which SEC team should go. The Pac-12 folks would be pretty upset to miss out on the playoffs yet *again* if you send 2 SEC teams to the playoffs.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There is precedent. Ohio State lost JT Barret a few years ago before the playoff and the committtee allowed OSU into the playoff with Cardale Jones at QB. But, OSU wasn't a bubble team either. A lot will depend on how Mac Jones plays against Auburn. But, they still need an LSU win over UGA to have a chance.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Bama isn't a top 4 team. Super soft overall schedule and home loss.
Seriously their best win is over TAMU? That's an atrociously bad schedule.
A mediocre P5 team wins 8 games versus that schedule.

Miss the SEC CG which would have given them an extra data point.

LSU, OSU, Clemson, Oregon
UGA, Utah, Penn ST, OU all with outside chances.

coogrfan

Reaction score
He had his moment leading Denver on a Playoff charge. That is one more moment than 99.9% of the players in the AAC will get. Saying there is a talent disparity is beyond obvious.
https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2019-09-03/colleges-most-represented-2019-nfl-rosters

SEC 339
Big Ten 253
ACC 215
Pac-12 189
Big 12 122
American 100
Mountain West 65
C-USA 59
MAC 46
Independent 35
Sun Belt 21

Is there a disparity? Sure. Is it anywhere near as pronounced as you seem to think it is? Nope.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

DFWJC

Reaction score
Clemson is starting to look like Clemson of late last year. Devastating defense and a buzz-saw offense. The QB is back to form (not trying to force the issue like early in the year) and they are loaded

Can't control the sad-sack schedule, but they've really righted the ship there overall. And what they are now doing with the crap schedule is crazy.

As for the 4th spot (assuming top 3 remain in place) I still think Oregon slips in there if they win out.

Should be fun to see!

coogrfan

Reaction score
Well, then clearly Tulsa must have the toughest schedule in the land. :facepalm:

Didn't say that. A reasonable person might look at the info I gave you and say something like 'Hmm. Maybe I should reconsider some of my opinions on cfb in general". Instead you chose (once again) to be snarky, I can't say I'm surprised.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao:
3gwo45.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

uvaballa

Reaction score
Clemson is starting to look like Clemson of late last year. Devastating defense and a buzz-saw offense. The QB is back to form (not trying to force the issue like early in the year) and they are loaded

Can't control the sad-sack schedule, but they've really righted the ship there overall. And what they are now doing with the crap schedule is crazy.

As for the 4th spot (assuming top 3 remain in place) I still think Oregon slips in there if they win out.

Should be fun to see!
You knew Clemson would start turning if around. They’re probably the team with the best chance of beating LSU.

I hope Oregon wins out so they can jump Bama. Bama is going to need multiple teams to lose to have a shot at the final four.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
And after their pre-game smack talk. They're not walking the talk.
They are now dear. Two touchdown's in 25 seconds. Add 3 more points.... :muttley:17-21
Gonna be tough with a 3rd stringer now.
Defense decided to show up.