2019 College Football Thread

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just because someone isn’t an NFL prospect doesn’t mean they aren’t great at the college level. Tim Tebow is arguably the best college QB we’ve seen in the past quarter century, but he was an NFL bust.

He had his moment leading Denver on a Playoff charge. That is one more moment than 99.9% of the players in the AAC will get. Saying there is a talent disparity is beyond obvious.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He had his moment leading Denver on a Playoff charge. That is one more moment than 99.9% of the players in the AAC will get. Saying there is a talent disparity is beyond obvious.
The disparity will always show up in the trenches . Everywhere, but even moreso there. And overall depth is not comparable at all.
Non P5 schools have always had plenty of skill position guys become stars. Many HOFers even...almost always at the skill postions.
Think Jerry Rice, T.O., Randy Moss, etc.
But not quite so many of the big uglies. I guess Larry Allen was, but not many.

The only true stud that I can think of right off hand from the American right now is Pro Bowl DT Linval Joseph ECU), but even his time is about past. I guess Ed Oliver (from UH) is pretty good. Dontarie Poe too
Probably the best offensive player currently is Travis Kelce (Cincy) though there are several really good WRs.

Last edited:

uvaballa

Reaction score
Who’s Bama backup QB? Looks like this may be the first year they don’t make the CFP.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Man, would I love to bump the "Hire Alex Grinch" thread. I laughed when I saw it. I'm laughing harder every week. :muttley:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Ghost12

Reaction score
uh, ok. I haven't said a darn thing about the AAC but w/e....

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The disparity will always show up in the trenches . Everywhere, but even moreso there. And overall depth is not comparable at all.
Non P5 schools have always had plenty of skill position guys become stars. Many HOFers even...almost always at the skill postions.
Think Jerry Rice, T.O., Randy Moss, etc.
But not quite so many of the big uglies. I guess Larry Allen was, but not many.

The only true stud that I can think of right off hand from the American right now is Pro Bowl DT Linval Joseph ECU), but even his time is about past. I guess Ed Oliver (from UH) is pretty good. Dontarie Poe too
Probably the best offensive player currently is Travis Kelce (Cincy) though there are several really good WRs.

Your talking about once a generation you'll get a HOFer from a small school. There might be a first round pick every few years coming from a conference like the AAC. But, the discussion was in the context of a SOS debate. Tulsa playing the toughest schedule is a joke.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, without Tua, Alabama has no chance to make the playoff. Tua's injury will benefit the Pac 12 as Oregon or Utah looks to jump ahead. But, they will still need LSU to beat UGA in the SEC championship game to get into the playoff.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Looks like someone made halftime adjustments and someone didn't. Sounds like the Cowboys.