2019 Draft redo

JBond

Reaction score
Here's a picture of Metcalf trying to run a pattern requiring a cut:

giphy.gif
Dez 2.0

GenoT

Reaction score
I know its early and We are stacked at Wide Receiver.

Would you rather have drafted this guy over Trysten Hill.

Cooper Gallup and Optimus "DK" Prime . . . Just saying

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Try back in @2-3yrs. Then maybe you’ll have a clue.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Already??? They only played one game. McClay and company didn't want DK anyway (did he visit?). Safety should've been the pick had not Hill.

JayFord

Reaction score
I’m fine with hill he might take a couple years to develop but that’s completely fine with me...

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The question with Metcalf was never talent, it was injuries.

Dude is faster than Tavon Austin while being bigger than Dez Bryant, so it was clear that he had some serious potential. But looking it up, he had a season ending foot injury as a true freshman, played a healthy year, then had a season ending neck injury as a sophomore. He already had a knee surgery this preseason.

So it's no surprise that he's starting fast, the question is how long he'll be able to keep going. Apparently a lot of NFL teams looked at him and guessed "not very". They very well could be wrong, but Metcalf is a gamble that many, many teams chose not to take.

I was on board with picking him in the 2nd just for the moon-shot upside of it, but I would've preferred Thornhill. He's a Metcalf-level athlete, but with a less scary injury history and he plays a position of need.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We didn’t do it so.. I am still in hopes that Hill will take the next step towards the end of this year and into camps next year. Marinelli can usually squeeze the talent out. Except my pet cat Joey ivie.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Adderly was my favorite safety in the draft, and when we were on the clock I was like this has to be a no brainer... Welp, I guess I was wrong on that 1.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Thornhill. It was the obvious choice at the time, and it's more obvious now.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
I’m fine with hill he might take a couple years to develop but that’s completely fine with me...
That's great; he should be rounding into form just as he signs a FA deal with another team. Nice of the cowboys coaching staff to develop him for someone else.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No. The Cowboys are more than fine at WR. The game is still won in the trenches and there is a reason Hill was drafted.
agreed.. maybe if we went with a TE we dont bring back witten.. thats an option we had at that pick im sure..

I lie these Hindsight redrafts.. wish we could all do that and it were real lol.. id say give it 4years then judge..this has not been played out at all.. those saying Hill was mistake ALREADY, seriously.. lets tap the breaks..

for all we know Hill develops and DK is injury prone, reminds me of David Boston, sometimes those jacked up WRs are often injured..

stop living in fantasy worlds people ..want to do a redraft do it 3-4 yrs after to be fair..not ONE GAME in smh:facepalm::thumbdown::popcorn:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know its early and We are stacked at Wide Receiver.

Would you rather have drafted this guy over Trysten Hill.

Cooper Gallup and Optimus "DK" Prime . . . Just saying

One game against the Bengals who were 6-10 last year?

Brice Butler made some big plays for the Cowboys a couple of years ago. Should somebody give a 2nd to Butler's Mom to get him off her sofa?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Hill needs time. He's a one-dimensional player who needs a ton of coaching up. Obviously not ideal for a 2nd round pick...