2019 Draft redo

Flamma

Reaction score
I know its early and We are stacked at Wide Receiver.

Would you rather have drafted this guy over Trysten Hill.

Cooper Gallup and Optimus "DK" Prime . . . Just saying

YES. This was my hope when he fell to us. I've mentioned this on multiple occasions. In hindsight we don't need him. But it would make 4 WR sets very interesting. We didn't need Hill either. You could make the argument even less than Metcalf. The pick we should have made was a S.

75boyz

Reaction score
I hope I’m wrong on the pick. I hated it then, I don’t like it now. I was so mad the entire day when Broaddus said he was going to the pick if he’s on board.

Still willing to give him the three year curve to get better.

Yeah, my big picture perspective on position group drafting from a historical perspective is that we kinda are 50/50 on d line assessment

Online we are very good at with both choice selection and development by coaching staff

Corners we were average because we drafted decent cover guys forever but none of em could catch a cold. New coaching and better ball skills emphasis to the recent choices seems to signal a very huge upgrade.

Linebackers we do pretty well and develop well as with the aforementioned oline statements

Safeties have been quite mysterious in that not very high picks or middle tier free agent types indicate a low priority and their performance corresponds as such

D ends have been hit and miss with Lawrence and Gregory but now another miss in Taco so hopefully the trend is not descending

D tackles (3 techs only cuz 1 techs don't count, lol) have been mostly misses imo. Collins had the promising rookie year but has proven durability concerns
The Hill kid's preseason performance I thought should have shown more future flash potential against opposing 2s and 3s and hope he's not a Taco 2.0 overdraft at the DT position

WR thru drafting or free agency I believe we have been overall solid

TE, very very lacking in choice but possible improvement in development based on Jarwins recent performances

QB, very lacking and I know Dak could change the narrative on the development part if he blooms as may be happening now but philosophy-wise, I disagree with not having a decent veteran as a backup

Kickers and punters
Hit and a miss with Bailey and now Maher

Jones has been "mostly" steady for a while now

Running backs, I'm a Zeke guy just not at his price, but can fully understand the FO thinking based on the post Murray blueprint dilemma they faced and oline centric construction to the team. Zeke is a special talent on the field regardless

Sorry, didn't mean to highjack your post, as it's just my opinion on the overall positional draft selection and development issues they have had/are having.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Hill is going to be fine.
McLaurin was the guy I wanted, guy is gonna be a big problem for awhile.

timb2

Reaction score
I know its early and We are stacked at Wide Receiver.

Would you rather have drafted this guy over Trysten Hill.

Cooper Gallup and Optimus "DK" Prime . . . Just saying

How about Cole Beasley clone Andy Isabella? Who was drafted right after Trysten Hill.

Carson

Reaction score
How about Cole Beasley clone Andy Isabella? Who was drafted right after Trysten Hill.

He was a healthy scratch and seems tumbling down the depth chart.

Renfrow > Isabella

garyv

Reaction score
I don't know the college game like I used to so I didn't mind the pick. We need to upgrade the DL more than we need to upgrade WR. This past draft I heard was deep in TE so I was hoping for that at some point, but I'm not mad if McGovern can play OG or C and Williams can slide to LT if necessary, Pollard turns out to be really good, and Hill can be better than Collins.

Yea but where and the hell is McGovern on the sideline is useless