2019 expectations rant

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I believe I am an honest fan. Probably biased towards the negative given this team’s history and the last 20 plus years of turd sandwiches.

Garrett and Jerry have been an excuse machine for the last decade.

Frankly, I see no excuses for 2019. This team has it all. QB, check. OL, check. Skill players, check. Pass rush, check. Heat seeking missle LBs, check. Cover guys, check. I see SS and K as the only weaknesses. In this league that is not much in the weakness column. This was a playoff team last season. What did they add to that playoff team? Another pass rusher. A veteran wideout. A returning all pro C. A returning HOF TE. A good draft on paper including an interior DT that should rush the QB. That is a lot.

To me the absolute minimum expectation is NFC Championship Game. That’s the minimum. Anything less will prove once and for all that this coach can’t do the job.

That’s my rant. God bless America and the St. Louis Blues.
So it’s Super Bowl win or they’re a bunch of turd sandwich failures. Ok. What an insightful post.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I believe I am an honest fan. Probably biased towards the negative given this team’s history and the last 20 plus years of turd sandwiches.

Frankly, I see no excuses for 2019. This team has it all. QB, check. OL, check. Skill players, check. Pass rush, check. Heat seeking missle LBs, check. Cover guys, check. I see SS and K as the only weaknesses. In this league that is not much in the weakness column. This was a playoff team last season. What did they add to that playoff team? Another pass rusher. A veteran wideout. A returning all pro C. A returning HOF TE. A good draft on paper including an interior DT that should rush the QB. That is a lot.

To me the absolute minimum expectation is NFC Championship Game. That’s the minimum. Anything less will prove once and for all that this coach can’t do the job.

Agreed. No excuses for Jason Garrett.
An minimum they should be able to win more than a wild card playoff game.
Get past the divisional round and put up a good showing in the NFC Title game.
Turn the corner by finally getting over the second round hump.
We don't need a Marvin Lewis 2.0 situation.

Flamma

Reaction score
In most cases great teams win Super Bowls, not teams that are coddled at the end of the year. The sad truth is that the Cowboys were far from great last year. When was the last time the Cowboys went into the playoffs a solid underdog and won? Probably not since 1975. If anything the Cowboys lost more playoff games they were supposed to win than the other way around. Yeah the Giants got a higher draft pick. But they wasted it anyway.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO, one of many reasons this team has had such a long championship drought is the owner holds no one with power (like GM, HC, star players) to any accountability for failure.

In fact, Jerry’s really good at making creative excuses for his team, declaring moral victories in defeat, overruling coaches who want to discipline star players, and generally running his organization like a family game where winning would be nice, but comfort and profits would be even better.

I agree wholeheartedly with the premise that this team has enough talent to win this year. But until Daddy Jones stops winking at mediocrity, I’m a tad skeptical. I love this team, but believing in it is another story. I’m waaay past drinking any pre-season kool aide.

JUST Shut up Jerry- stop making excuses. It’s win now or your red headed step son needs to go. IMO, he should have been fired on the tarmac in Atlanta in 2017 after the Chaz Green game, but whatever. Win now. No excuses.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If this happens, count on Garrett being kicked upstairs into some sort of as-yet-non-existent FO position (Process Coordinator, maybe?) — where we can benefit from another decade or so of his input.
:thumbup:

Could be the scenario either way, win a SB and Garrett gets promoted into a "President" title or something amorphous that fits in with Stephen and McClay.

Lose and the same things happens with Richard taking over. It may just be time for it either way.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has absolutely nothing to do with St. Louis or The Blues, but for some reason you came to mind as I read it.

Dallas Cowboys (10-6)
- Previously: 22.
It's been a couple of months, and yet I still can't get over how stupid Jason Garrett was at the end of the year. He played all of his starters, save for Ezekiel Elliott, in a meaningless Week 17 game. Had he given his players some rest, the Cowboys could've potentially beaten the Rams in the second round of the playoffs. Instead, they looked exhausted, and the injury Cole Beasley suffered while making the game-winning catch in the finale didn't help. Adding insult to injury, the Cowboys' irrelevant victory gave the rival Giants a better draft pick!

The Cowboys have good talent for sure, but Garrett is a bozo who should have been fired years ago. He'll undoubtedly do something stupid in 2019 that will cost Dallas once again. On the bright side, Dallas has made some nice upgrades this offseason, particularly to its defensive line. Robert Quinn, Christian Covington and rookie Trysten Hill were strong additions. The same can be said of safety George Iloka.

This is strictly to appease Ranching's current obsession and does not reflect accurately how I feel about Jason. It does almost fit in with the end of the OPs post.
Lol!!! So I'm not the only one that thinks Garrett sucks!!

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I still say they will win somewhere between 7 and 10 games which may be enough to make the playoffs or it might not I think if they don't make the playoffs garrett is done as head coach and most of his staff at this point just don't believe in this team or the head coach or front office they are famous for one thing and that is making excuses year after year why they don't win

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
They should make the playoffs. However, once you’re in the playoffs, it’s a single game elimination tournament where odd bounces happen. In the aggregate of a sixteen game season, odd bounces even out.
So true, Scippy.
Playoffs used to mean something.

Flamma

Reaction score
still say they will win somewhere between 7 and 10 games which may be enough to make the playoffs or it might not I think if they don't make the playoffs garrett is done as head coach and most of his staff at this point just don't believe in this team or the head coach or front office they are famous for one thing and that is making excuses year after year why they don't win

This would be a huge disappointment. This team is considerably better than the one we had going into 2016. Both offensively and defensively. The defense is night and day. That crap D we trotted out in 2016 was carried by the O.

Someone was interviewing Jimmy Johnson before the 1992 season and they asked him if the Cowboys go relative injury free and didn't make the playoffs, would he consider that a disappointment? Something to that effect. His answer, well that's not going to happen, we will be in the playoffs. That's the level of disappointment I'm talking about. This team should win 11+.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yes you did and you know it.

I did not. Work on that reading comprehension or start over. C-A-T. Make the C sound. C,C,C,C,C. Make the A sound. A,A,A,A,A. Make the T sound...

You got this.

blueblood70

Reaction score

im a Stars fan so F TO THE U blues fan!!!!!!!!!!!!