2019 expectations rant

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I believe I am an honest fan. Probably biased towards the negative given this team’s history and the last 20 plus years of turd sandwiches.

Garrett and Jerry have been an excuse machine for the last decade.

Frankly, I see no excuses for 2019. This team has it all. QB, check. OL, check. Skill players, check. Pass rush, check. Heat seeking missle LBs, check. Cover guys, check. I see SS and K as the only weaknesses. In this league that is not much in the weakness column. This was a playoff team last season. What did they add to that playoff team? Another pass rusher. A veteran wideout. A returning all pro C. A returning HOF TE. A good draft on paper including an interior DT that should rush the QB. That is a lot.

To me the absolute minimum expectation is NFC Championship Game. That’s the minimum. Anything less will prove once and for all that this coach can’t do the job.

That’s my rant. God bless America and the St. Louis Blues.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I believe I am an honest fan. Probably biased towards the negative given this team’s history and the last 20 plus years of turd sandwiches.

Frankly, I see no excuses for 2019. This team has it all. QB, check. OL, check. Skill players, check. Pass rush, check. Heat seeking missle LBs, check. Cover guys, check. I see SS and K as the only weaknesses. In this league that is not much in the weakness column. This was a playoff team last season. What did they add to that playoff team? Another pass rusher. A veteran wideout. A returning all pro C. A returning HOF TE. A good draft on paper including an interior DT that should rush the QB. That is a lot.

To me the absolute minimum expectation is NFC Championship Game. That’s the minimum. Anything less will prove once and for all that this coach can’t do the job.

Well alright then. Thank you.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score

You lost me at St Louis

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Why are people so blue in St. Louis?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Injuries will play a part.

Secondary could be an issue this year, already seeing injuries. Safety is a weakness and then the big elephant in the room of

JASON GARRETT!!!

When he is your HC that's a huge disadvantage.

But if Moore can finally bring this offense into the 21st century then that might be enough with this team to keep Garrett enough away from game day.

Techsass

Reaction score
Why are people so blue in St. Louis?
This has absolutely nothing to do with St. Louis or The Blues, but for some reason you came to mind as I read it.

Dallas Cowboys (10-6)
- Previously: 22.
It's been a couple of months, and yet I still can't get over how stupid Jason Garrett was at the end of the year. He played all of his starters, save for Ezekiel Elliott, in a meaningless Week 17 game. Had he given his players some rest, the Cowboys could've potentially beaten the Rams in the second round of the playoffs. Instead, they looked exhausted, and the injury Cole Beasley suffered while making the game-winning catch in the finale didn't help. Adding insult to injury, the Cowboys' irrelevant victory gave the rival Giants a better draft pick!

The Cowboys have good talent for sure, but Garrett is a bozo who should have been fired years ago. He'll undoubtedly do something stupid in 2019 that will cost Dallas once again. On the bright side, Dallas has made some nice upgrades this offseason, particularly to its defensive line. Robert Quinn, Christian Covington and rookie Trysten Hill were strong additions. The same can be said of safety George Iloka.

This is strictly to appease Ranching's current obsession and does not reflect accurately how I feel about Jason. It does almost fit in with the end of the OPs post.

Last edited:

GenoT

Reaction score

There’s on excuse that might come into play and save Garrett: what if Kellen Moore isn’t the insta-savior so many seem to be banking on?

Keep in mind, shortly after the Cowboys’ most recent playoff exit, JG was quoted as saying he wasn’t anticipating any changes at OC. Barely 24hrs later, Jerry shot down JG’s assessment and within another day or so, installed Kellen Moore — a 29yo failed backup QB with one year of QB-coaching experience — as the new OC.

I have confidence in KM but, if the offense underperforms and the Cowboys regress, is Jerry gonna make JG the scapegoat for JJ’s own OC experiment? Or is he gonna give Garrett yet another pass?

Eanwen

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will do well because I expect this offense to be much better in the red zone. edit: maybe 11 or 12 wins.

That said I don't really agree with the OP in the sense that iirc Cowboys pass rush last year was in the bottom third, and while Witten will be in the HOF eventually it won't be because of his current level of ability.

I hope Hill is everything the Cowboys staff thinks he will be. Same for Pollard and the young wrs.

Last edited:

Techsass

Reaction score
They should make the playoffs. However, once you’re in the playoffs, it’s a single game elimination tournament where odd bounces happen. In the aggregate of a sixteen game season, odd bounces even out.
I think we'll all be surprised if they don't make the playoffs...just like every other post draft off season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't get caught up in stats becauseI feel like you can look better and have the same record as you had last year. I think the sky's the limit. I'm drinking the kool-aid. Anything less than 10 games is a failure. They are bringing the same team back....they are young......they had a solid offseason......Garrett is coaching for his job....no reason this team shouldn't be a 10 win team.