2019 NFL Draft Chatter

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Stidham is getting a lot of mixed scouting reports from the draft guys and scouting websites. I've seen "best QB in 2019 class" and I've seen "not a NFL QB". That type of discrepancy screams guess and that's a bit disconcerting with quarterbacks.

The knock on Grier seems to be his size (listed at 6'2", I've seen some people say he's barely 6'0", which will be proven one way or another at the Combine) and the fact that he is getting the dreaded "product of the system" label. Dana Holgorsen's QB's haven't been big-time QBs in the NFL.

This is not the year to need a surefire, franchise QB. It reminds me of the 2011 draft with Jake Locker (drafted 8th), Blaine Gabbert (10th), Christian Ponder (12th), Andy Dalton (35th), Colin Kaepernick (36th), and Ryan Mallett (74th). Plenty of draft pundits were claiming a different QB was the top guy, tons of potential, and almost none of them worked out, besides Dalton, who is good but not great.

Hate to be a team drafting a QB high in 2019 and guess wrong.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Ive cooled on Stidham....from what I've seen to this point,Im circling Oregon's big gun Justin Herbert.

cowboyec

Reaction score
3 DTs I like...
Christian Wilkins,Clemson
DreMont Jones,Ohio St
Jerry Tillery,Notre Dame

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Draft this guy

justin-herbert-4ea14da06dbf88b7.jpg

Sydla

Reaction score
3 DTs I like...
Christian Wilkins,Clemson
DreMont Jones,Ohio St
Jerry Tillery,Notre Dame

Tillery is a stud.

But one issue with him. He's a very smart kid who at times, would seemingly be more interested in academics than football. Not that is a bad thing as a character trait but it raised the question with some ND people that he was committed to football in past years. Though for a good part of the 2017 season and now this season, he seems fully committed.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Tillery is a stud.

But one issue with him. He's a very smart kid who at times, would seemingly be more interested in academics than football. Not that is a bad thing as a character trait but it raised the question with some ND people that he was committed to football in past years. Though for a good part of the 2017 season and now this season, he seems fully committed.
I like him.
any WRs you like???

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stidham is getting a lot of mixed scouting reports from the draft guys and scouting websites. I've seen "best QB in 2019 class" and I've seen "not a NFL QB". That type of discrepancy screams guess and that's a bit disconcerting with quarterbacks.

The knock on Grier seems to be his size (listed at 6'2", I've seen some people say he's barely 6'0", which will be proven one way or another at the Combine) and the fact that he is getting the dreaded "product of the system" label. Dana Holgorsen's QB's haven't been big-time QBs in the NFL.

This is not the year to need a surefire, franchise QB. It reminds me of the 2011 draft with Jake Locker (drafted 8th), Blaine Gabbert (10th), Christian Ponder (12th), Andy Dalton (35th), Colin Kaepernick (36th), and Ryan Mallett (74th). Plenty of draft pundits were claiming a different QB was the top guy, tons of potential, and almost none of them worked out, besides Dalton, who is good but not great.

Hate to be a team drafting a QB high in 2019 and guess wrong.
I think Lock winds up a top 10 pick when all is said and done. Great deep ball and his short snd medium accuracy has improved this year. He needs to sit ala Mahomes and I dont think he is top 5 worthy. But I think he ends up the 2nd QB off the board.

Grier will get questioned pretty hard on his PED suspension. That will be an interesting subplot during draft season. I dont think it will hurt too much if at all, but it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Just for people that love some draft drama

DiResta

Reaction score
Wrong. We are picking too high for that next year.

We're taking Ed Oliver.

To play the 1.
you would think after seeing what a guy like Antwaun Woods can do to stop the run in the middle, an elite 1 tech would be a no brainer
you would think

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
If you are banking on Stidham, you are lagely going by vitals. Because he's played blah this year. Barely over 60% passing, only 5 TDs.
I’m moonwalking on Stidham. @Zordon tried to tell me. And Grier isn’t trash. I can’t tell what he is

John813

Reaction score
you would think after seeing what a guy like Antwaun Woods can do to stop the run in the middle, an elite 1 tech would be a no brainer
you would think

Problem is that they see Woods do that and think they can still get by with Woods type of signings. Some will do better than expected, but most will probably be Hayden level talent.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think QB is now the new 1T when it comes to this f/o...meaning they ignore it.

Part of me really wonders about this. That in Stephen's financial model, they believe if they have a big OL and can run the ball, they don't have to invest a lot in the QB position and a guy like Prescott is ideal.............. he'll be relatively cheap even on a new contract relative to top QBs and they believe he's adequate enough to win.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Part of me really wonders about this. That in Stephen's financial model, they believe if they have a big OL and can run the ball, they don't have to invest a lot in the QB position and a guy like Prescott is ideal.............. he'll be relatively cheap even on a new contract relative to top QBs and they believe he's adequate enough to win.
I think you're right...and you'd think they'd really be upset about NOT running the ball at the goal-line or on 4th and 1 considering how they have built this team.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Hakeem Butler,WR-Iowa St
6'6...219.
any Cyclones fans got the scoop on this big fella?

DiResta

Reaction score
Marinelli explains why he doesn't like "big guys" on his line

so it dawned on me, this is the last year of his extension? or is it through 2019?
because that could seriously effect the type of player Dallas looks at in the draft or FA
assuming Kris takes over at DC and no major overhaul, will his defense look different up front?