2019 NFL Draft Chatter

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I think Rapp is one of the more overrated prospects in the Draft. I think some folks just parrot what the mock draft sites are saying that he’s a top prospect.

I see a guy that’s more quick than fast (and that shows on tape), he has marginal size for the position with short arms. He makes up for some of his shortcomings with anticipation but I just don’t think he projects well with the generally upper echelon athletes in the NFL.

4.77 is questionably passable and I see him getting exploited by TEs and RBs. 5’-11.5”, 208 lbs

Last edited:

Mr_437

Reaction score

Those fellas from UW kinda slow with it. Ppl we're trashing DAL for signing Iloka because his 4.6 40 his draft year...what will they say about Rapp?

Anyway, I agree put dude in the box and let him play, but I haven't been a fan after I saw him nothing stood out...yet I feel he's solid.

Adderly, Thornhill or Savage in that order.

Rayman70

Reaction score
like I said the other day,after doing my homework on he and other safeties, he should be drafted later, like round 6 or 7. He is just not the player the other top 4 or 5 safeties are. His biggest issue is tackling and foot speed. It showed again today with the speed.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
That just suggests he can play in the box and very well.

Deep coverage? Not so much.
Yup. If his responsibilities are near the LOS, the three cone and 20 yard shuttle are much more relevant than running 40 yards in a straight line are.

He's an animal around the LOS on tape.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know how anyone can watch Savage on film and NOT want him on this team. He's the antithesis of what we've had at safety for the last decade.
Yep. I think he will get drafted in Round 2. In fact I think there will be a run on safeties from 28- 64. Could see 5 or 6 go in that frame....

Gaede

Reaction score
I still take Rapp at 58 though, because he was elite on the other drills. But what a strange combo of scores.

gmoney112

Reaction score

I tried to tell yall about Hardman a couple months ago. Glad he's coming in, I like him. I didn't even see his Combine, 4.33 wow yeah.

He's raw but he's got some serious explosion and speed. Fun to watch. Can probably contribute immediately if you find a way to get him the ball. Can break returns too, he's going to be a tough dude to bring down.

He was my 3rd round target in like January. Slot, speed, return guy. I don't know if he's going to be BPA, or even if he lasts that long to be honest. I could see him going mid 3rd.

Some people may think a 3rd is too rich. I don't think so. Find ways to get him the ball, let him return, take some snaps from Cobb, let him learn from him. Sounds good to me. If Hardman stays healthy he's going to be a valuable offensive piece, mismatch, I wouldn't be surprised to see him with freaky play highlights quite often.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I like Pollard too, depending on when we think we can get him. I'm not spending a 4th on him.

Also this dude is a visit. UDFA target unless someone takes him in the 7th or something.

"Defensive back Chris Westry, measuring at 6-foot-4, posted a 38-inch vertical and ran an unofficial 4.31-second 40-yard dash."

Fast track probably. But, still. I bet the visit is to see whether he's in play for the 7th rounder, or if they like him probably going to try and sway him to Dallas as an UDFA.

I actually mentioned Charvarius Ward last year as a target in UDFA, who we ended up getting. We traded him to the Chiefs (for some fatty G named Ehinger who immediately suffered a knee injury and went on IR for the 2nd time in his 3 year career. Gj guys) where he ended up starting for them against the Colts, took the most defensive snaps, had 4 pass breakups, two on 3rd down while the Colts were stifled, 4 receptions on 8 targets for 40 yards as an UDFA pickup, and allowed a 65 passer rating. Pretty lame, but it looks like Richard's is probably helping DB scouting one way or another. He's an interesting UDFA prospect given that. Who knows.

Jake0

Reaction score
I tried to tell yall about Hardman a couple months ago. Glad he's coming in, I like him. I didn't even see his Combine, 4.33 wow yeah.

He's raw but he's got some serious explosion and speed. Fun to watch. Can probably contribute immediately if you find a way to get him the ball. Can break returns too, he's going to be a tough dude to bring down.

He was my 3rd round target in like January. Slot, speed, return guy. I don't know if he's going to be BPA, or even if he lasts that long to be honest. I could see him going mid 3rd.

Some people may think a 3rd is too rich. I don't think so. Find ways to get him the ball, let him return, take some snaps from Cobb, let him learn from him. Sounds good to me. If Hardman stays healthy he's going to be a valuable offensive piece, mismatch, I wouldn't be surprised to see him with freaky play highlights quite often.

Hardman looks like a great development project to take in the mid rounds. I was going to say take him or Terry McLaurin, whoever falls, but for some reason McLaurin is skyrocketing up draft boards right now. Hall, Boykin, Isabella, maybe Slayton, fallback options for good projects to try and develop over a few years.

Rayman70

Reaction score
a good comp for Rapp is Kenny Vaccaro. Take that for what you will. Kenny is an OK player but never has lived up to his status and hype. Rapp sure looks like the same type of player,but hey...who knows.