2019 players that failed

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith

Physically he looked like he did in 2017. Very choppy in his steps, bad ccx angles etc etc. If the leg issue is tgere, and it appears it is then Jerry messed up.

Even worse is this guys attitude, . More concerned with building his brand off the field, the swipe has become the most hated thing I can remember.
He celebrates after facemasking guys, after tackling guys 15 yards down field and just generally doesn't care about his defensive colleagues at all.....

I could go on but my blood pressure is boiling........

you...don’t know what you are saying.

he led the team in tackles and assists again. By 60. No one else was close.

stats wise, it was clearly his best season.

it’s just blind hate. I don’t know what to tell you.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitJa05.htm

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Awuzie was effectively abused all season from start to finish. The fact they pulled him on the last game was comical but speaks to the coaching staff’s collective ineptitude.

Jaylon is to me the biggest disappointment on defense hands down. I saw some warning signs last year with his play but presumed he would evolve with more playing time and NFL experience.

He didn’t.

His regression was stunning to the extent I don’t think he’s a starting NFL caliber LB. I mean, you can trot him out there but you get diminishing returns with him snap after snap.

• He is utterly useless in space;
  • Does not take on blocks to disrupt running lanes/gets washed out of plays;
  • He epitomizes the phrase “takes false steps;”
  • Is a liability in coverage other than covering a receiver sitting down over the middle;
  • He chronically takes the bait on play-action or misdirection plays;
  • He often misreads the hole, putting him in pursuit.
I would also add that I think he lacks good linebacking instincts. Think about it...when was the last time you saw Jaylon make a read, anticipate, react and blow up a run play or screen that was developing?

The highlight plays he does have are typically him running in a straight line to beat a guy to a point (eg. the DeShaun Watson goal line play last year) which exemplify the one positive trait I think he has.

The FO absolutely blew it with extending him early. He’s due an $8M fully guaranteed option bonus in March. The team is saddled with him likely until 2022 due to the salary cap impacts.

This is also just blind hate.

he had his best season also.

97 attempts 58 completions. Less than 60 percent again.

also 3rd in team tackles.

this guy is close to taking the next step.

i can see why KRichards keeps pushing him.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Lool, tackle numbers for a CB?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Everyone except La’el Collins that we signed this year.
Dak during and after the Pats game
LG position
Cameron Fleming
Brett Maher
Amari Cooper during and after the Pats game
Byron Jones
Chido
All our ST players besides Forbath
All of our LB’s
I think that after the Pats game when Jerry decided to go on a rant about coaching. The team stopped caring.

Beastsfromthenfceast

Reaction score
Is there any team in the league where players regress as much as the Cowboys ? It's all on the coaching staff and they're vanilla attitude.

starfan1

Reaction score

I might be able to support your support of jaylon even though I seen him get torched regularly but awuzi not a chance

our secondary was horrid and he was the focal point of every qb he’s terrible this year and I’m not sure what happened outside of Richards coaching techinique

Redline360

Reaction score
LB's - Just a disaster as a whole
Chido - Just turn to locate the ball just once please
Tank - Good not great. Over paid from start

Dak - Dont care what garbage time stats show. Decent but not great year behind a dominant OL, premier RB, good recievers. Was your year to shine and make bank. You gambled and failed.

copper - dissapeared after the Pat's game. Still think hes hurt to some degree

Witten - not impressed

Mayer...facepalm

mardwin

Reaction score
LVE - Too much hype about his rookie season and he fell flat even when he was healthy.
Chido - This guy has all the physical traits that you want, he's fast, physical but he is always one step behind the receiver. A change in defensive scheme might be good for him, he would excel with a more aggressive philosophy.
D-Law - we paid this guy $105M and he was probably our 3rd best D-Lineman this season. Pretty bad when a guy that missed 2 games had more than twice as many sacks and more TFL than our $100M guy.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tyron Smith. He is close to done.
LOL did you even watch this season?

If it wasn't for our 35 million dollar qb crashing into his ankle Smith would have made the All-Pro team and this would have been the healthiest season he's had since 2016.......

Fluke injury aside this was the most healthy he's been since 16. Lol at "close to done"

links18

Reaction score
LOL did you even watch this season?

If it wasn't for our 35 million dollar qb crashing into his ankle Smith would have made the All-Pro team and this would have been the healthiest season he's had since 2016.......

Fluke injury aside this was the most healthy he's been since 16. Lol at "close to done"

No, he is close to done.

ondaedg

Reaction score
you...don’t know what you are saying.

he led the team in tackles and assists again. By 60. No one else was close.

stats wise, it was clearly his best season.

it’s just blind hate. I don’t know what to tell you.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitJa05.htm

Jaylon made alot of tackles but he struggled in quite a few games. The Vikes and Packers immediately come to mind. There were many times that he failed to recognize the play quickly forcing him to chase down ball carriers from behind. In games where he had to take on pulling linemen he chose not to and would be easily pushed out of the play.

Tussinman

Reaction score
No, he is close to done.
No he's if anything shown upside in both 2018 and 2019 compared to 2017. The narrative of him being done is heavily exagerrated. I don't see how he doesn't start at least another 3 years, especially if he gets moved out to RT later in his career where he'll be matched up against more bull rush/run defense style players (yeah good luck bull rushing Tyron )

Last edited:

links18

Reaction score
No he's if anything shown upside in both 2018 and 2019 compared to 2017. The narrative of him being done is heavily exagerrated. I don't see how he doesn't start at least another 3 years, especially if he gets moved out to RT later in his career where he'll be matched up against more bull rush/run defense style players (yeah good luck bull rushing Tyron )

Tyron is no good when the likes of Cameron Fleming are playing in his place.