2019 Potential FA QBs to Replace Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are no high priced free agents coming to Dallas, period. So let’s stop dreaming.

The most likely scenario is that Mike White improves and shows enough in training camp to be the #2. The best case scenario is probably a trade for someone like Nick Mullens, who could do well here.
Nick Mullen’s? What has he done to prove he can do well here?

Qcard

Reaction score

Wow this is some scorching hot tea this morning

Many are delusional here

Those fans also ignore the Talented coaching staff those HOF QBs had.
Belichick is a great DC and defensive guru
Belichick is more likely to win a Superbowl with out Brady than vice versa.

Payton is a offensive genius. Mcarthy coaching lineage is great..they were McVay a decade ago.
Dak needs to improve but his progression is tied to talent on team as well as sideline.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
hell any of those guys on that list would be as good as Dak with all the things Dak needs. Best offensive line, best qb coach, best schemes, best wr, best rb, best defene, best HC, best TE. Hell who couldn't drive a bus with the best of everyone. If any of those guys don't have the "glitch" that would be a 100 percent upgrade. sheesh. I'd take Carr or that Mullen guy in SF.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
None of these guys are an upgrade from Dak.

But i'd love to have a competent QB as a backup... Fitz would be my pick.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
The only QBs on that list who I think would be an upgrade over Dak, vs a step back or lateral move, would be Bridgewater or Derek Carr.

Bridgewater's the next Alex Smith in my mind: if his knee is good, he'll be a high percentage game manager for a team that wins more games than you think. The NFL is built on short passing and he can pull that off. Carr is a really talented dude that I think is being screwed over by the general toxicity that is the Raiders; just look at Cooper when he came over here. He's not having a good year but you have to factor in the expansion-team level of players around him. Dude is accurate, has a lightning fast release, and can make all the throws: talent wise, he's a notch above everyone else on that list.

Everyone else... ehhh, I'd rather just have Dak. Foles and Flacco are mediocre QBs who each just had a good Super Bowl run. Tannehill at his best has looked about like Dak, Winston's a talented dude but just doesn't care, and everyone else on there is a JAG.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Granted, the Cowboys organization loves Dak for some reason, so this discussion might be all-for-naught. But contrary to what the "we can't get anyone better than Dak right now" crowd says, there might be a few options, if the Cowboys wanted to explore them.

Here's a list of potential free agent QBs this offseason:

> Teddy Bridgewater -- catastrophic injury is completely behind him now, and he's only 26. Showed flashes in the 2018 preseason. There will probably be a big market for him.

> Nick Foles -- Slated to make $20 million next year, so the Eagles will have to let him go.

> Joe Flacco -- Looks pretty evident that the Ravens are ready to hand the reigns to Jackson. Doubt they'll keep Flacco as their backup

> Jameis Winston -- Pretty much a headcase, but he's 25 and would come relatively cheap.

> Derek Carr -- was playing at an MVP level 2 years ago before getting hurt. Gruden is cleaning house, so may Carr may be purged also.

> Ryan Tannehill -- He'll probably be retained by the Dolphins since they Osweiler is their only other legit QB with experience. But Tannehill has proven he can't lead the Dolphins anywhere, so they may cut bait.

> Josh McCown -- old but reliable. Would he be a good stop gap?

> Brock Osweiler -- has played better with the Dolphins than he did with the Texans or Browns. And he's still only 28.

> Tyrod Taylor -- he's a good leader and has had moderate levels of success. And he's only 29.

> Ryan Fitzpatrick -- Fitzmagic in Big D for a year or two?

Who would you be intrigued by? I'd take 4-5 of these guys over Dak right now.
Would love to snare Foles or Tannehill.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Granted, the Cowboys organization loves Dak for some reason, so this discussion might be all-for-naught. But contrary to what the "we can't get anyone better than Dak right now" crowd says, there might be a few options, if the Cowboys wanted to explore them.

Here's a list of potential free agent QBs this offseason:

> Teddy Bridgewater -- catastrophic injury is completely behind him now, and he's only 26. Showed flashes in the 2018 preseason. There will probably be a big market for him.

> Nick Foles -- Slated to make $20 million next year, so the Eagles will have to let him go.

> Joe Flacco -- Looks pretty evident that the Ravens are ready to hand the reigns to Jackson. Doubt they'll keep Flacco as their backup

> Jameis Winston -- Pretty much a headcase, but he's 25 and would come relatively cheap.

> Derek Carr -- was playing at an MVP level 2 years ago before getting hurt. Gruden is cleaning house, so may Carr may be purged also.

> Ryan Tannehill -- He'll probably be retained by the Dolphins since they Osweiler is their only other legit QB with experience. But Tannehill has proven he can't lead the Dolphins anywhere, so they may cut bait.

> Josh McCown -- old but reliable. Would he be a good stop gap?

> Brock Osweiler -- has played better with the Dolphins than he did with the Texans or Browns. And he's still only 28.

> Tyrod Taylor -- he's a good leader and has had moderate levels of success. And he's only 29.

> Ryan Fitzpatrick -- Fitzmagic in Big D for a year or two?

Who would you be intrigued by? I'd take 4-5 of these guys over Dak right now.
why did you leave out Alex Tanney ??:huh:

Dallas is keeping Dak, the jones boys picked him over romo so to bail on him now shows they made a boo boo and they cant have that.
plus any qb dallas gets wont be as good here as they were elsewhere.
It would be the same stale playbook.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I and just about anyone else can't take someone serious that thought that Stephen Mcgee, Alex Tamney, RGIII, Orton, Mariota, Cassels, and Weeden was better than Romo. So we can't take them serious about their evaluation of Dak. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I and just about anyone else can't take someone serious that thought that Stephen Mcgee, Alex Tamney, RGIII, Orton, Mariota, Cassels, and Weeden was better than Romo. So we can't take them serious about their evaluation of Dak. :lmao::lmao::lmao:
Never said they were better. Some you've actually added on, obviously. Simply said Romo needed competition because he would never take us to a championship game.

Guess who was right? :grin:

stinkface

Reaction score
Fitz is never afraid to force it in there. He is the anti-Dak. The problem is Fitz is feast or famine. He can throw 4 TD's or throw 4 Ints. Coaches don't like inconsistency like that. They would rather have the king of checkdown then risk an int.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The only things lame here are you and our Passing game.......now move along Dak-Zoid and I bet you have a Dak poster over your bed lol.....:flagwave:
lol

I bet this is the poster you have over your bed, Romofreak! :lmao:
NLgw6Ko.jpg

Last edited: