2019 Schedule Leaks

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think when Eli retires, or they release him, we will see an end to opening against the Giants.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Oh, and completely do away with tradition???

If I were the NFL, I would have every opening game a division matchup and have every team play their last game against that opponent. The season has started sloppily for several years now with too many HC's treating the opener more as an extended pretend game. Division games matter for most teams, unless it's NE, and HC's do not want to open up 0-1 in the division.

Part of this is because this is April, come September and it's getting real, we'll just be excited to get the season started. I would much rather open against the Giants than the Bills or Jets but I would rather open on the road. The team struggled with that and preparing for an opener on the road adds a little to it.

We've all got our "druthers." You're surely entitled to your personal preferences. If tradition means opening the same way every year, I can easily live with such a tradition being tossed. I see nothing really wrong with playing a divisional game in the middle of the year, as long as the conditions are reasonably fair to both of the teams involved. I certainly don't doubt that the league has their reasons for doing it their way, too. I really wouldn't mind playing the Commanders for a change in game one, either.

We can be sure that teams in the same division will play one another twice in any given year, whether it's in the first game, last game or those in between. To me, football is football and the more variety that can be introduced into the makeup of the schedules, the better. Come what may, I'll enjoy it and be excited to see it unfold, no matter when they're being played. Anyhow, here's hoping we both enjoy 2019. May we win our fair share and then some.

Last edited: