2019 WR Draft Report

cowboyec

Reaction score
I don’t like hall as much as others. It will be fun to see Pollard’s short area quickness. He’s fun to watch. Would he just be KR? Or can he play slot or third down never block for Dak RB?
I was thinkin' slot for Pollard.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Whats up with receivers lately in the drafts. They all seem to be 6 - 6"4 and 210-225 and run 4.5 - 4.6. Where are the burners? One list I saw ( GBN) had only one who ran under 4.5 -( M Brown and he has a foot problem) A few yrs ago everyone in the top tier ran 4.3 - low 4.4's . Weird

bodi

Reaction score
Walter s mock has Deebo going right after we pick

DanA

Reaction score
Explosive playmaker. I’d like to think he can play slot as well.

Don't think he makes it as a receiver at all. He can flex out as a receiver but as a dedicated slot receiver he just doesn't have the hands, awareness of space without the ball and route running. As a Dunbar/PR guy though he has value.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The feeling I get for this class is there’s a lot of good opti
Whats up with receivers lately in the drafts. They all seem to be 6 - 6"4 and 210-225 and run 4.5 - 4.6. Where are the burners? One list I saw ( GBN) had only one who ran under 4.5 -( M Brown and he has a foot problem) A few yrs ago everyone in the top tier ran 4.3 - low 4.4's . Weird

A lot of the big names are the bigger bodied WRs, but there are a handful of burners. These guys seem to be flying under the radar IMO (outside of Campbell).

Paris Campbell
Mecole Hardman
Emanuel Hall
Darius Slayton

I could see all of these guys running sub 4.45s, and Hardman and Slayton in the 4.3s.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Just the law of averages. Using Walter Football's list, in the 2015 draft there were 5 receivers of the top 10 listed that ran a 4.43 or less, this year it's 3. Not really that much of a difference...

tm1119

Reaction score
I can see 4th round or later for a WR, but anything earlier, without being blown away by value, seems pretty pointless to me. We’ve already invested a 1st round pick into the position and will likely let Cole walk because he doesn’t get enough targets...I don’t see how adding another WR helps anything. It’s not even a shot, but I honestly don’t see our qb running an offense that can sustain 3+ targets getting regular touches.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
The feeling I get for this class is there’s a lot of good opti

A lot of the big names are the bigger bodied WRs, but there are a handful of burners. These guys seem to be flying under the radar IMO (outside of Campbell).

Paris Campbell
Mecole Hardman
Emanuel Hall
Darius Slayton

I could see all of these guys running sub 4.45s, and Hardman and Slayton in the 4.3s.

Big fan of Hardman

McLaurin would be nice too

cnuball21

Reaction score
I can see 4th round or later for a WR, but anything earlier, without being blown away by value, seems pretty pointless to me. We’ve already invested a 1st round pick into the position and will likely let Cole walk because he doesn’t get enough targets...I don’t see how adding another WR helps anything. It’s not even a shot, but I honestly don’t see our qb running an offense that can sustain 3+ targets getting regular touches.

I agree to an extent. My gut says we’re looking for a slot guy with return value.

History of the draft says those dudes can be had in the 4th round and on.

So if that’s true, we’ll have a great shot at someone like Hardman / Hart / Isabella in the 4th or later.

timb2

Reaction score
I have Emmanuel Butler(6'-4",225 lbs)WR Northern Arizona in my Cowboys Mock Draft and still 2 more picks to go... I have another as a possibility. I'm still working the whole mock draft..

635962484823602439-butler-02.jpg