2020 draft

bodi

Reaction score
1 Jake Fromm, QB Georgia

He has a great skill set and was the very early favorite to be the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. He struggled versus LSU, but that doesn't appear to be a downward trend.

trade away lots of picks

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Struggled against LSU, but played damn good ball against Alabama....the team Kyler Murray struggled against.

He is the most pro-ready QB out of the loaded QB 2020 draft.

Hardline

Reaction score
The Cowboys aren't drafting Fromm even if he's on the board.

Hailmary

Reaction score
I don't think there is any harm talking about QBs, if Dak has a bad season, we have to start talking alternatives.
If Dak has a bad season, that most likely means the team has a bad season, which means Garrett is gonezo. New HC may want to start over with his own QB.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Struggled against LSU, but played damn good ball against Alabama....the team Kyler Murray struggled against.

He is the most pro-ready QB out of the loaded QB 2020 draft.
I think he is a Trubisky/Ryan/Bortles level prospect. Guys like that are definitely good enough to be considered franchise guys but there may be a something keeping them out of the truely elite tier as far as prospects.

Using those three, I would think Fromm has a better chance to be like Ryan or Trubisky than the bust like Bortles. Bortles did have alot of person problems that really effected his development (drinking)

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If Dak has a bad season, that most likely means the team has a bad season, which means Garrett is gonezo. New HC may want to start over with his own QB.

Would be tough to justify sticking with Dak and seeing how the 2020 draft is shaping up (I still believe there will be 4 great QB prospects in the first round),

We may be able to make some trades to move up and get our guy if need be. I have Hurts as a QB that will be shooting up draft boards and Riley may go to the NFL - maybe Cowboys will have a Riley and Hurt duo.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think he is a Trubisky/Ryan/Bortles level prospect. Guys like that are definitely good enough to be considered franchise guys but there may be a something keeping them out of the truely elite tier as far as prospects.

Using those three, I would think Fromm has a better chance to be like Ryan or Trubisky than the bust like Bortles. Bortles did have alot of person problems that really effected his development (drinking)

My only knock on him is his size, I really like his footwork and mechanics. And from the interviews and QB1, he is really intelligent and showed he does more than just manage the game. He knows what he is doing at the line of scrimmage. I don't think he's as erratic with the football as Trubisky, but Ryan is also the QB I've compared him to the most.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Would be tough to justify sticking with Dak and seeing how the 2020 draft is shaping up (I still believe there will be 4 great QB prospects in the first round),

We may be able to make some trades to move up and get our guy if need be. I have Hurts as a QB that will be shooting up draft boards and Riley may go to the NFL - maybe Cowboys will have a Riley and Hurt duo.
You lost me at Hurts.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
My only knock on him is his size, I really like his footwork and mechanics. And from the interviews and QB1, he is really intelligent and showed he does more than just manage the game. He knows what he is doing at the line of scrimmage. I don't think he's as erratic with the football as Trubisky, but Ryan is also the QB I've compared him to the most.
I think Trubisky. I think he is going to be a stud. Tremendous talent and a good head. Just not as developed as top guys. In just tiering them all together .I agree that Ryan is a great comp for Fromm

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You lost me at Hurts.

Seeing what Riley did for Murray and Baker, there is very little doubt for me that Hurts finds his way into the first round especially if he's a more consistent thrower this season.

Whether Hurts is the right choice or not, I don't know, but I think it would be tough for Riley not to try to snag Hurts if he's there. But then again, I don't know if all of this isn't just college hype - Mayfield and Murray might flame out and Riley might get exposed.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Seeing what Riley did for Murray and Baker, there is very little doubt for me that Hurts finds his way into the first round especially if he's a more consistent thrower this season.

Whether Hurts is the right choice or not, I don't know, but I think it would be tough for Riley not to try to snag Hurts if he's there. But then again, I don't know if all of this isn't just college hype - Mayfield and Murray might flame out and Riley might get exposed.
Mayfield and Murray are QBs with athletic abilities. Your Hurts, Braxton Miller's, Terrell Pryor's and Tim Tebow's are athletes playing the QB position. Big difference.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Mayfield and Murray are QBs with athletic abilities. Your Hurts, Braxton Miller's, Terrell Pryor's and Tim Tebow's are athletes playing the QB position. Big difference.

Mayfield and Murray failed at their former schools. This actually is not accurate. It wasn’t until Riley worked with them that they went from projects to heisman winners