Twitter: 2020 Salary Cap: 198.2 million

Rayman70

Reaction score
Doesn't everybody get an extra 10 million? why would we have any advantage in FA that we didn't have before? Please explain.
lmao...I am no capologist. YES..everyone gets that increase. I am simply saying, if we wanna sweetin the pot for Dak, we could do so now without hurting our cap as much. We could even sweetin the pot on Byron..see my point?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Interesting that the cap has gone up about 10 million per year. That needs to be reminded to the people who think Dak's contract will kill us.

Interesting that people make this point over and over, year after year ...

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Jerry and Daks agent were playing cool hand luke waiting on this new CBA to get done. I think that's all it was...positioning. Now that its done, I fully expect a deal soon.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
lmao...I am no capologist. YES..everyone gets that increase. I am simply saying, if we wanna sweetin the pot for Dak, we could do so now without hurting our cap as much. We could even sweetin the pot on Byron..see my point?
Yeah, and my point is if the Eagles were going to offer Byron 2 million more than the Cowboys they now have an extra 10 million to sweeten the pot as well and stay ahead of a Cowboys offer. These numbers are all for illustration only.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yeah, and my point is if the Eagles were going to offer Byron 2 million more than the Cowboys they now have an extra 10 million to sweeten the pot as well and stay ahead of a Cowboys offer. These numbers are all for illustration only.
yup...that's why we will let him walk if that's what he wants. I like the fact we can entice players that we maybe couldn't, to come here now. WE ARE STILL THE DALLAS COWBOYS. That's the other point I WAS making. More money helps the cause.

Rayman70

Reaction score
screw philly btw. Carry on...

ESisback

Reaction score
a ten mil increase for 2020 is gigantic. It means we can sign basically whomever we want with more flexibility.

And everyone else, too! The Eagles will stock up on WRs, becoming more dangerous. I expect the Giants to be better too! The NFCE will definitely be better in 2020. IMHO.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing is certain, Dallas still has an advantage because Penn has a state income tax of around 3.07%. Texas does not and that's huge.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Exactly, fans forget there are 31 other teams in this league lol
no..as for myself, I don't forget. I just bleed blue. I want whats best for the team. I could care less about what the iggles do. Its all about improving the Cowboys. Everything else will take care of itself.

Rayman70

Reaction score
bottomline is WE ARE THE DALLAS COWBOYS. Game, set, match, point! We have a built in advantage and the fact we also have more money to work with now helps. ALL teams have more cap now...but they aint the DALLAS COWBOYS.