Twitter: 2020 Salary Cap: 198.2 million

ksg811

Reaction score
$72 million dollars in space to start the offseason. Restructuring Lawrence and Martin and cutting Crawford brings them to $100 million in the blink of an eye. No excuses to not be aggressive, especially with the structural flexibilty without the 30% rule and the cap ready to explode over the next 2 years with most key players under contract.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
The thing to keep in my here is that the cap number goes up for the entire league, so everyone just got an extra $10MM in cap space. This doesn't really change much for the Cowboys, who they can keep, and who they can go after in free agency. It just means the players will demand high numbers on their contracts. I think agents tend to look at things from a stand point of percentage of the cap, not just player X got this number last year so our guy needs to top that.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
bottomline is WE ARE THE DALLAS COWBOYS. Game, set, match, point! We have a built in advantage and the fact we also have more money to work with now helps. ALL teams have more cap now...but they aint the DALLAS COWBOYS.
This was all in place the past 10 years. Please tell me who came here because WE ARE THE DALLAS COWBOYS and the rest of the league aint. I'll wait for your reply.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This was all in place the past 10 years. Please tell me who came here because WE ARE THE DALLAS COWBOYS and the rest of the league aint. I'll wait for your reply.
man, are you a fan or just a whiner? I think the glass is half full and I think truly, YES...because we are the Cowboys, players like Amari want to be here. I don't mind debating a true fan..IF you are...but the negative overtones I wont be a part of. I choose to remain optimistic.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
man, are you a fan or just a whiner? I think the glass is half full and I think truly, YES...because we are the Cowboys, players like Amari want to be here. I don't mind debating a true fan..IF you are...but the negative overtones I wont be a part of. I choose to remain optimistic.
I would bet my fandom over the past 40 years vs yours any day if that was possible. If nothing else, it may teach you not to throw out careless comments.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I would bet my fandom over the past 40 years vs yours any day if that was possible. If nothing else, it may teach you not to throw out careless comments.
this is a fan site. You are aware right? My fandom of 40 plus years is just as relevant as yours dude. Climb down from the pedestal and relax. FAN is short for fanatic. Most of us here don't take ourselves too seriously.

Rayman70

Reaction score
HEY MAN..we do the best we know how here.. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT AND FLAWLESS. Facts sometimes are in the eye of the beholder.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing is certain, Dallas still has an advantage because Penn has a state income tax of around 3.07%. Texas does not and that's huge.
At one time I thought Texas' lack of a state income tax would be a huge consideration for free agents but is that necessarily true? Florida and Washington do not have state income tax also. Tennessee does not tax wages. Does a measurable number of free agents annually target the Buccaneers, Dolphins, Jaguars, Seahawks or Titans more than any other franchise existing in no income tax states? Is that necessarily true of the Texans as well? Will the Raiders eventually benefit as a preference for free agents to land after moving to Nevada, which is another no income tax state?

I cannot dispute greed as a legitimate factor in free agents' decision making. Even so, I believe the Dallas Cowboys' name and history pay as much a role in helping free agents make their final choice. Just my opinion.

Rayman70

Reaction score
$72 million dollars in space to start the offseason. Restructuring Lawrence and Martin and cutting Crawford brings them to $100 million in the blink of an eye. No excuses to not be aggressive, especially with the structural flexibilty without the 30% rule and the cap ready to explode over the next 2 years with most key players under contract.
^^this^^ GO AGGRESSIVE OR GO HOME JERRY.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If tbey wanted to with maybe one re

Theoretically if they restructured one contract they could bring back Dak, Coop, Quinn and Byron Jones
THATS A FACT. We can keep everyone hypothetically.

garyv

Reaction score
THATS A FACT. We can keep everyone hypothetically.

I know Dak will get paid odds are Cooper and Quinn may get retained. I'm not sure they really want to pay 16 mil for Byron Jones per season.

I've wondered if it would be better to sign Reader and another DT let Byron walk and draft a CB to replace him. Yes the CB probably want be as good but you inproved both DT positions.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We are not going to be big players in FA, resign our own thats it.

We have lots of room but not many players under contract,

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ThrowingAwayMoney.gif