Twitter: 2021 Cowboys schedule

Sheepherder

Reaction score
everyone pretty much can play offense in this current league. The teams that play with discipline, fundamentals and good defense are the ones that stand out because it is so hard to do in a league that is dying to be a crappy college conference like the big 12 or something with all the spread offenses and no defense.

Here is a hint..discipline is hard to achieve when the players can run to the owner like they do in Frisco.
Thanks Mike for adding to the negative.

plasticman

Reaction score
Again, no matter the schedule, if the Cowboys are going to win anything, then they can't be the team we envision.

It seems as though thee are two types of Super Bowl championship seasons.

The first is when a team starts dominating the minute the season starts. they steamroll their first 3-5 opponents serving notice that this will be their season. They will lose a few games due to certain circumstances, a division opponents has a lucky game or they overlook a lesser opponent between two important games. They will grab the 1st round bye with a record like 14-3 or 15-2.

The second kind struggles some during the first half to two thirds of the season. maybe they had injuries, maybe they had some new players that needed time to adjust. They will seem to peak at just the right time, seemingly getting stronger and stronger right up to the Super Bowl.

Tampa Bay was a type #2, the Chiefs a type #1 the previous season. This season, the Cowboys will have to be a type #2..

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Is there anybody who can fire anyone up more than the dynamic duo of post malone and el jefe jerry jones?

Sheepherder

Reaction score
DAL statistically has the 2nd easiest schedule in the league. That is largely due to playing a bum schedule in a bum division.
None of the 8 home games are versus teams who were over .500 last year.
You also get CAR, SD, ATL, DEN.

But it's way too early suggest all those teams just remained stagnant.

I do like the number of teams without QB solutions but that can change quickly for instance if DEN gets Rodgers.
And as of today I'd still take DAL in this poor division. DAL has the best QB by far and that is where it all starts.
WFT should be solid all-around with an improving offense and a very solid defense but Fitzmagic isn't the long term answer and has hit a wall every time he's been asked to be a starter.
Philly has a limited QB in Jalen Hurts and hodge-podge roster trying to rebuild without any cap space.
NYG has QB and team design issues. They are another rebuild on the fly unit.

I'd predict 10-7 today with a real chance to get 12 wins if the draft class shows up this year.
I could live with your predictions; Thats for sure.

quickccc

Reaction score
Without knowing what Quinn defense will be - i'm optimistically calling it 12-5 Win/Loss record

Bucs – loss
Chargers – win
Eagles – win
Panthers – win
Giants – win
Patriots – Loss
Vikings – win
Broncos – win
ATL – win
Chiefs – Loss
Radas – win
Saints – win
At Washington – loss
Giant – win
Washington – win
Arizona – loss
At Eagles – win

:hammer:

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Dallas is the third best team in the worst division in football. Second if they overachieve.

This franchise is fatally flawed. It's going nowhere.

Pretend otherwise if you want. There's nothing "championship" about it, and hasn't been for 26 years.

LOL, 32,000 posts about a team that has no chance.

What would the post count be if you were a Patriot fan?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Without knowing what Quinn defense will be - i'm optimistically calling it 12-5 Win/Loss record

Bucs – loss
Chargers – win
Eagles – win
Panthers – win
Giants – win
Patriots – Loss
Vikings – win
Broncos – win
ATL – win
Chiefs – Loss
Radas – win
Saints – win
At Washington – loss
Giant – win
Washington – win
Arizona – loss
At Eagles – win

:hammer:
Love your optimism and agree.

Motorola

Reaction score
That first game is gonna break viewing records.
/
Our football level headness should have us viewing the season opener as only 1/17 of the schedule. And no doubt most Cowboys players will echo similar comments to Prescott's about the game. But the storylines intwined with both teams will fuel the hype. 17 weeks to the day.

Motorola

Reaction score
The 1972 Dolphins are shaking in their boots. Their undefeated record is about to go down. 20-0 baby.
Which team(s) have a chance to do the honors?
On a somber note...a number of those players and coaches from that iconic team have passed on: Shula, OC Howard Schellenberger, DC Bill Arnsparger, Buoniconti, Kuechenberg, Morall, Scott, Stanfill, Kiick.
1970-74 ____that five-year span of the Dolphins was exceptional:
57-12-1 (14 game regular seasons)
8-3 in the playoffs \ 3 consecutive AFC Titles, 2 consecutive NFL Championships.
One of the best backfields in NFL history - Griese, Czonka, Kiick, Morris.
And argubly the most skilled \ complete WR ever - Warfield.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dallas is the third best team in the worst division in football. Second if they overachieve.

This franchise is fatally flawed. It's going nowhere.

Pretend otherwise if you want. There's nothing "championship" about it, and hasn't been for 26 years.
no they arent, thats your opinion!!

that will be proved out over 17 not PRE PRE PRE season before OTAS..ok Debra!o_O:rolleyes:

blueblood70

Reaction score
31st easiest schedule based on last years team records.
not by real charts and its not who you play its when and where you play them..its bad draw IMO..
I saw the nfl ranking you are going of of but saw another that had different formula for ranking and TB had the easiest schedule..who knows really but the road games and when we go play the cold outdoor stadium weather teams all the prime time games short weeks make sit much tougher schedule then it appears..
se 2019 2nd half for reference..brutal

Last edited:

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Why are we putting that patriots game in the L column? The raisin we’d lose that game in the past is meow the raisin we’re losing in week 1. I’m calling that game a TRIPLE PLATINUM GURANTEE

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm going to put the Cowboy at 11-6.

They will start out around 5-4 the first nine games and finish the rest of the games at 6-2. I'm not going to point out single games, suffice it to say that they will lose a game they should have won and win a game they should have lost.

They will be 8-6 with three games left, they will end the season on a 3 or 4 game winning streak.

In the playoff, everyone can tell this will be a different team with a different outcome. They will be young but confident. Many of the liabilities of last season will be their strengths. They will be healthy for the most part, they will be more consistent due to the overall lack of injuries, the defense will be much stronger in the middle.

Whereas, their previous elite squad was the offensive line, now it will be their linebacker corp. Competition brings out the best, they will all help each other improve, They will be very close-knit, celebrating in each other's success.

The defense will not be elite in holding opponents to less yardage, but they will excel in one area the Cowboys desperately need and seldom received. This defense will get takeaways.

Ezekiel Elliott will have a very good season, total yards around 1700-1800. This will be due to the return of the offensive line veterans and especially Dak.

CeeDee Lamb will establish himself as one of the best receivers in the league, he will be the leading Cowboy receiver this season.

The Cowboys will win a division round playoff game this season. From there, my crystal ball is getting a little hazy.

Actually, I tried to draw my predictions from a reasonable interpretation of the events so far. Logically, the offense will be more diverse with Dak so there will be less keying on the running game. I could see effort in what Zeke was doing last season. That season was supposed to show the world he earned his contract but circumstances derailed that. I think a very normal progression for CeeDee would be to overtake Cooper who is still great but i think Lamb will be special.

It had seemed as though Trystan Hill was making some progress before the injury. Gallimore was getting better toward the end of the season. Crawford has retired. The Cowboys rookie crop include some intriguing specimens in the middle of the defensive line. All these facts combined should lead to a far better performance from the DT's. Parsons and LVE should have far more freedom to move around and create things.

As for injuries, I think the law of Averages dictate that this season should balance the previous seasons and give the Cowboys a relatively healthy season this year.

So there you have it, a combination of twisted logic, shameless homerism, and unrealistic fantasy.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Which team(s) have a chance to do the honors?
On a somber note...a number of those players and coaches from that iconic team have passed on: Shula, OC Howard Schellenberger, DC Bill Arnsparger, Buoniconti, Kuechenberg, Morall, Scott, Stanfill, Kiick.
1970-74 ____that five-year span of the Dolphins was exceptional:
57-12-1 (14 game regular seasons)
8-3 in the playoffs \ 3 consecutive AFC Titles, 2 consecutive NFL Championships.
One of the best backfields in NFL history - Griese, Czonka, Kiick, Morris.
And argubly the most skilled \ complete WR ever - Warfield.
Yes they were exceptional. Hopefully the Cowboys can be that team also.

Motorola

Reaction score
Yes they were exceptional. Hopefully the Cowboys can be that team also.
Bigdog - it appears the offense is capable. The defense - I have reservations.
Not on the ability \ skills side....but the mentaI makeup. Lawrence and Gregory are now the longest tenured defensive players on the Cowboys roster. Are they ready and able to step up - get in synch with DC Quinn to lead the way and jell the new FAs, young (3 years and less) potential starters \ rotation players, and rookies into a unit that can begin the season decent...then improve to become a force to compliment the other two units (offense, special teams).

Bigdog

Reaction score
Bigdog - it appears the offense is capable. The defense - I have reservations.
Not on the ability \ skills side....but the mentaI makeup. Lawrence and Gregory are now the longest tenured defensive players on the Cowboys roster. Are they ready and able to step up - get in synch with DC Quinn to lead the way and jell the new FAs, young (3 years and less) potential starters \ rotation players, and rookies into a unit that can begin the season decent...then improve to become a force to compliment the other two units (offense, special teams).
I agree with you and just to let you know I don't think we are going 20-0. I think we can win the division and hopefully go deep in the playoffs. Defensively I am concern though but I have hope.