Twitter: 2021 Cowboys schedule

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the rookies start contributing after the bye. From there the Cowboys can begin to pick up steam as the younger players begin to improve from game to game......theoretically.
That's a rationale thought for sure but it doesn't seem the the team will allow it on defense.
Cutting AWoods and refusing to sign CB tell me they are really about to go into this deal with rookies penciled in for regular playing time game 1.
CB2 and CB5 are rookies. NT2 and NT3. I don't know what they have healthy at Safety after Donovan Wilson.
Of course they could be waiting to sign other teams vet cast offs but Stephen is so friggin cheap he'd probably pass on those guys.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
All those noon games at the end of the season seems to indicate that the NFL thinks we’ll be out of the playoff picture by then.

blueblood70

Reaction score
this is the most brutal schedule ive seen in long time bookends of two games on the road to satrt with SB loaded winner TB and LAC then in December, 3 straight road games 2 of which are cold weather games outside and finish IN PHILLY ..seriously !!!!!!!:banghead:

TB schedule looks like a sub 500 schedule and ours looks like Prime time buffet for a SB winner..

what the flip is going on this is fans reward for sufferings through 8-8 and 6-10 and now we hve gauntlet of schedule..

i wanted middling SOC setup all at 12 on Sunday, is that a lot to ask for ????? LOL:(

BTW Mods can you in this at the top we need to talk about this for while LOL?

therapy begins now:huh:

CLICK..:popcorn:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
That's a rationale thought for sure but it doesn't seem the the team will allow it on defense.
Cutting AWoods and refusing to sign CB tell me they are really about to go into this deal with rookies penciled in for regular playing time game 1.
CB2 and CB5 are rookies. NT2 and NT3. I don't know what they have healthy at Safety after Donovan Wilson.
Of course they could be waiting to sign other teams vet cast offs but Stephen is so friggin cheap he'd probably pass on those guys.

Yes I could easily see that the Cowboys, by doing what you said, intend to do a near complete rebuild of the defense starting NOW. Would not be surprised at all to see all of the rookies, as well as younger players like Robinson, get most of the playing time. Many of the highly successful colleges run a pro-style offense, so it's not like defensive rookies have as much of an acclimation period as they did 20 or even 10 years ago, they've already played against NFL offense essentially...

erod

Reaction score
6-11

Then Tyron, Cooper, Gallup, Jaylon, LVE, Zeke, and a few others leave after the season.

While we pay our quarterback like a European soccer star.

There's no end to the losing in sight.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm expecting a 9-8 finish this season, due to a somewhat difficult start.

We'll then improve with our youngsters gaining experience on defense.

The season going to be tough to navigate, while our defense develops.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
All those noon games at the end of the season seems to indicate that the NFL thinks we’ll be out of the playoff picture by then.
Or it could be just the opposite. I think the league expects to flex some of those games into the primetime schedule.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
a ton outdoors in cold azz winter waether. so brutal..

how does a team that win sb the year before have the easiest SOC?? oh wait TB12 is on that team..:omg::mad:

Mostly luck. Tampa plays the NFC East and AFC east teams this year, which they play on a fixed rotational basis. SOS is based on the records of those teams from the year before. So the NFC being the weakest team (by record if nothing else) last year drops the SOS for Tampa. AFC East last year had a re-building New England, a Dolphins team with a rookie quarterback and a Jacksonville team with Minshew as quarterback, plus 2 offensive and 2 defensive rookie starters. So the AFC East last year was also not strong top to bottom.

No doubt Brady has to be the luckiest quarterback to ever play in the NFL, got to play in a division which had maybe one other pretty good team every year for 20 years. This year is no exception. And because of playing the two East divisions, much less long distance travel.

But SOS isn't always the same during the actual year. A team that had the Cowboys on their 2016 schedule would have had a weak SOS partly because Dallas was 4-12 the year before, but when the season arrived, surprise! they had to play a Cowboys team that went 13-3.

So it may not work out as it's predicted.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
6-11

Then Tyron, Cooper, Gallup, Jaylon, LVE, Zeke, and a few others leave after the season.

You are always about the gloom and doom. :thumbdown:

blueblood70

Reaction score
6-11

ridiculous how about have little faith and ride the fence before its all doom an gloom say something like 8-9 or 9-8 because thats ridiculous!

you believe that we finish worse then year of 2020 in which we played 10 games with 3rd string team and really no defense..

if we stay healthy especially Dak and the OL we for sure easily are 9 win tam..

think about it, no way we are worse this season unless we lose 17 starters to injurys again and dak early..

Debbie downer syndrome is in full effect, where your hard hat and dont forget to grab your hefty and fill it with gas over rumor on news outlets causing wide spread panic once again..this place is full of those types..

i was up on this season until i saw the schedule layout but for sure will be 9-8 at worse but hopeful for better..

Silly

Reaction score
Do not panic. The landscape of the NFL has changed. No Rivers or Brees. I am not impressed with the QB from the giants or philly. The patriots, broncos, and cardinals suck. The only thing dallas has to fear is Mahomes, and the Skin's defensive line. As for washington, I don't think they have a solid Qb either.

I think we will all be surprised by the amount of wins.

Scotman

Reaction score
Starting the season 0-2 ought to have this place lit, especially after half the board convince themselves this is a SB team during preseason.

I can't speak for the rest of the board, but I do that every year. This year is no different. :)

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our schedule is influenced by the Thanksgiving game every year. We get the gem games and lumps of coal games.

erod

Reaction score
ridiculous how about have little faith and ride the fence before its all doom an gloom say something like 8-9 or 9-8 because thats ridiculous!

you believe that we finish worse then year of 2020 in which we played 10 games with 3rd string team and really no defense..

if we stay healthy especially Dak and the OL we for sure easily are 9 win tam..

think about it, no way we are worse this season unless we lose 17 starters to injurys again and dak early..

Debbie downer syndrome is in full effect, where your hard hat and dont forget to grab your hefty and fill it with gas over rumor on news outlets causing wide spread panic once again..this place is full of those types..

i was up on this season until i saw the schedule layout but for sure will be 9-8 at worse but hopeful for better..
Dallas is the third best team in the worst division in football. Second if they overachieve.

This franchise is fatally flawed. It's going nowhere.

Pretend otherwise if you want. There's nothing "championship" about it, and hasn't been for 26 years.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am predicting 8-9 but with any kind of defense at all, I can see 12 games they can win on that schedule. But I just don't see this defense being much better than it was last year. We might see fewer blown coverages because Quinn's defense doesn't ask CBs to do too much, but the DL is pretty much what it was last year with some new names who play the same way. I hope Quinn proves me wrong.

But what's with the 3 consecutive home games then 3 consecutive road games? Did the 17th game screw up their scheduling algorithm that badly?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dallas is the third best team in the worst division in football. Second if they overachieve.

This franchise is fatally flawed. It's going nowhere.

Pretend otherwise if you want. There's nothing "championship" about it, and hasn't been for 26 years.
Doom and gloom, the sky is falling! :muttley:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
this is the most brutal schedule ive seen in long time bookends of two games on the road to satrt with SB loaded winner TB and LAC then in December, 3 straight road games 2 of which are cold weather games outside and finish IN PHILLY ..seriously !!!!!!!:banghead:

TB schedule looks like a sub 500 schedule and ours looks like Prime time buffet for a SB winner..

what the flip is going on this is fans reward for sufferings through 8-8 and 6-10 and now we hve gauntlet of schedule..

i wanted middling SOC setup all at 12 on Sunday, is that a lot to ask for ????? LOL:(

BTW Mods can you in this at the top we need to talk about this for while LOL?

therapy begins now:huh:

CLICK..:popcorn:
31st easiest schedule based on last years team records.