Twitter: 2021 roster bubble: Notable players who could be traded or cut

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-r...o-could-be-traded-or-cut?campaign=Twitter_atn

2021 NFL roster bubble: Notable players who could be traded or cut
Published: Aug 25, 2021 at 03:38 PM'

This will be an NFL roster cut-down period unlike any in memory. Teams are required to get down to the 53-man roster by 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, August 31, a deadline that's four days on the league calendar before it was in previous years (when there were four preseason games).

This change allows for more time to make trades before the roster-cut deadline -- and during the elongated buildup to Week 1. The Patriots and Rams got the fun started with Wednesday's Sony Michel deal; look for a bevy of positional logjams to get settled in low-stakes veteran trades for late-round conditional picks. A Sam Bradford-type headline trade before Week 1 is always possible, too.

While we are all anxious by now for the season to start, here's a quick look at some notable players who could pop up on the transaction wire in the coming days:

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-r...o-could-be-traded-or-cut?campaign=Twitter_atn

2021 NFL roster bubble: Notable players who could be traded or cut
Published: Aug 25, 2021 at 03:38 PM'

This will be an NFL roster cut-down period unlike any in memory. Teams are required to get down to the 53-man roster by 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, August 31, a deadline that's four days on the league calendar before it was in previous years (when there were four preseason games).

This change allows for more time to make trades before the roster-cut deadline -- and during the elongated buildup to Week 1. The Patriots and Rams got the fun started with Wednesday's Sony Michel deal; look for a bevy of positional logjams to get settled in low-stakes veteran trades for late-round conditional picks. A Sam Bradford-type headline trade before Week 1 is always possible, too.

While we are all anxious by now for the season to start, here's a quick look at some notable players who could pop up on the transaction wire in the coming days:

Id be all over OJ howard.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we may have a few trade candidates for late round picks. Unless some team overpays for a few other players.
However, many fans over rate their own teams players thinking they can trade a few players. But for us it never happens. We tend to over rate our own players.
Come to think of it, has there been a long shot, dark horse TC / PS game star or stand out?

Like if they weren't on IR or on PUP, I think there could have bee a few, possibly, or wishful thinking, not sure. But now we are in the area, we may need to make a few trades to get a few players. If no one steps up for OL depth. We have half of the S's on covid list. DT now seems to be a question again, until Gallimore is healthy, as well as fan not so favorite Hill.

RB, can hardy be the 3rd RB or do they look elsewhere.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
Somebody tell me about Vernon Butler.

Also, please don’t consider a trade for Stephon Gilmore. Let’s not have an expensive 1 year rental on a 31 year old who tore his quad. Cowboys are a MASH tent as it is.

slick325

Reaction score
I would take a look at Vernon Butler. He has had the unenviable task of being on two teams that had beasts playing the very position he plays (Carolina with K. Short and Star L, and now Buffalo with Ed Oliver and Star L). Butler is a big man and seems the type Dallas would kick the tires on. Former 1st round talent, only 27 and cheap. He also plays a position that is not exactly super stout.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Interesting on Howard. He must have some serious physical issues, because before he got hurt last season he and Brady were really starting to click.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would take a look at Vernon Butler. He has had the unenviable task of being on two teams that had beasts playing the very position he plays (Carolina with K. Short and Star L, and now Buffalo with Ed Oliver and Star L). Butler is a big man and seems the type Dallas would kick the tires on. Former 1st round talent, only 27 and cheap. He also plays a position that is not exactly super stout.

He's the name that stood out to me as well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jarwin's injury was a blessing.

We discovered we have a complete tight end in Schultz.

Sadly, I fear that this will (at best) be his last season in Dallas. Like several other talented players, Schultz will be off to greener pastures after this season. I think we're going to lose a bunch of good young players.

erod

Reaction score
Sadly, I fear that this will (at best) be his last season in Dallas. Like several other talented players, Schultz will be off to greener pastures after this season. I think we're going to lose a bunch of good young players.
Nah, most teams don't value tight ends much, and it's not like he's Kelce or Kittle.

They'll extend him.

I'm worried about Gallup. If he plays well, they need to get that done.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like the news, but the Cowboys have put themselves in Cap jeopardy with some of the overpriced contracts. One or the other has to go.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah, most teams don't value tight ends much, and it's not like he's Kelce or Kittle.

They'll extend him.

I'm willing to bet that they won't - or more accurately - can't. Schultz had virtually the exact season production-wise that Hunter Henry did last year. The same Hunter Henry that just signed a three-year, $37.5 million contract with the Patriots.

I'm worried about Gallup. If he plays well, they need to get that done.

He's gone too, along with Connor Williams - a starter no matter what people's overall opinions are of the guy.

There's quite a list:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2022/all/dallas-cowboys/