2022-2023 Premier League Season

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not saying he won't find a new job if he gets binned. But I think Potter is really going to struggle with Chelsea, and I can see him ending up managing in some mid--low tier sides in Spain or Germany if he flops at Chelsea.
They all flop at some point but I could see him doing well here initially.
Cheslea has a lot of talent on paper that were in crap form and wanted away.
In the past manager change has revitalized many a player.
Getting UCL experience is really important if he ever wants bigger jobs.

Chelsea's past managers all have gotten good gigs. Lampard is most like Potter and he walked into Everton.
Jose has gotten great gig after great gig even after self-imploding.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
As a Brighton fan i am not happy seeing Potter leave. He is good but Brighten is a system not one man.

csirl

Reaction score
As a Brighton fan i am not happy seeing Potter leave. He is good but Brighten is a system not one man.

I think Brighton should have stuck with Chris Hughton - he was a key part of building the system. Was fired too quickly.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not gonna lie the Queen's passing moratorium for this week really helps Chelsea out.
New manager in and a few more days to prepare for the must win UCL game is huge.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's just crazy. Last year they burdened him with Lukaku. This year they had to deal with their previous owner being who he is preventing them from making moves during the transfer window. Dumb move.

......and AC Milan said thank you very much. I think Tuchel needed to approach the new owners with more humility and less arrogance. Thats what did him in.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Potter's Chelsea looked much like Tuchels.
They just have too many attacking players that can't hit the broad side of the barn.
They badly miss Rudiger and the injured Kante.

I'd run both Sterling and Pulisic in that 3-5-2 wingback slot to get more creative attacking on the pitch.
Gotta do better with on target shots when you have the ball 70% of the time.
Absurd.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Exactly, and he's going to be eaten alive, especially against who he's expected to beat now. I expect Chelsea and he are going to regret this decision. He's the king of 1-1 draws, and I think he'd have been better to wait for a side such as Leicester City, who are a similar sized side who have won a title recently and are likely to sack Rodgers. Alternatively, I think he should have tried to gain international experience managing in Italy, the Bundesliga, or Spain to expand his horizons.
Are you aware BTW that a consortium headed up by the owner of the Las Vegas Golden Knights hockey team is on the brink of buying Bournemouth?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Chelsea dropped a gem today versus Milan in the UCL.
They were much more direct in attack.

Reece James is so good. If England doesn't start playing through him they deserve to get knocked out in the group stage.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Was a great Draw yesterday between MUnited and Chelsea.
Really good match to watch and tale of two halves that probably ended justly with one point(and goal) for each side.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
UCL tie today was much better by Chelsea. Using Sterling and Pulisic out wide really helped with ball possession and attack power.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Very interested to see what Arteta does tomorrow. It's tempting to start your first team as even a draw will win you the group.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
OH MY WORD!!!!!!!! WHAT A WIN!!!! I can't believe we pulled that off against Liverpool!!! I am everso delighted by that victory. Well done Bournemouth!!!!!!!! Up the Cherries!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Chelsea appear to have found their form.

Not good enough on central D to sit back and defend they must play to score more goals.

Potter seems to have scraped by this season with this recent run. Going to need a few more PL W's to close the season as UCL glory is a very long shot.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Chelsea appear to have found their form.

Not good enough on central D to sit back and defend they must play to score more goals.

Potter seems to have scraped by this season with this recent run. Going to need a few more PL W's to close the season as UCL glory is a very long shot.

Fur sure. We will see how things go for Chelsea, but that was a good win for Chelsea

joseephuss

Reaction score
The thing with Chelsea is it can take a while to correct the direction they are heading. When a team doesn't qualify for Champions League or Europa League, then they don't get that extra money to go along with that extra spotlight. Future transfers may not want to go there if the squad isn't featuring in those cups. A downward spiral can build on itself rather easily. If they can somehow win Champions league, they will qualify for next season. That is possible, yet doubtful. A club taken down by the war in Ukraine. Maybe a bit of an overstatement, but it was that brief time when the club had to be sold and really could not do transfers that created some challenges. And many poor decisions. They have to choose a top notch manager.